• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Jersey Thread

ShooterSays

Who the heck designs these things? I got design dudes who can do better than this to rep ATL. We need something fresh but that ties to old school red n yellow 80’s theme of pacman but not a generic cartoon thing. Something fierce. 

ps The iPhone 📱 btw does not have a Hawks 🐦 imagine as an emoji yet they have Eagles 🦅 (no offense Mace) and Ravens 🐦⬛… Our logo bird can’t even make it.. a swan 🦢 a 🦆 a 🐓 wtf… 

MAKE A HAWK APPLE 🍎 YOU HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY STOP SCREWING US LIKE THE MEDIA THE LAST 40 YEARS. 

They keep up with this I’m leaving them. Ya, they were user friendly when but others have caught up. Android here I come.. first gotta check if they have a Hawk featured. 

My initial reaction was that these are Delta inspired due to the quote “lift as we fly”  but I cannot find that connection anywhere to delta.

So maybe its a nod to Hartsfield Jackson airport? The atl abbreviation makes sense in that case.

There is something behind the the quote and colors for sure.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Most disappointing one in a while... we've been lucky in recent years to get pretty decent city jerseys but these are very uninspiring -- doubt I'm going to be grabbing one of these.  Nike seems to really be phoning it in this year... most of the leaks I've seen have been garbage.

NBA/Nike need to settle down with the jersey releases and changes... and people need to stop buying this garbage just because it's new.  There's no identity with eras anymore because the constant jersey changes.  When you think "Trae Young era" what jersey do you even think of?  The red ones?  MLK jerseys?  Yellow ones?  Peachtree city jerseys?  White jerseys?  Black statement jerseys?  Disappointing stuff.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

We've had some good city connect jerseys over the years. More good than bad. These fall in the bad category for me unfortunately.

But when you're cranking these out each year...they ain't all going to be winners.

Peachtree, MLK, and the Yellow Hawk are my top 3 so far.

image.png.04257930763aef2993f562e6d171e1aa.png

image.png.858c1168a953e72d15ad753aefe6896c.png

image.png.4fb137d762950876ee340d39c6827246.png

These are all nice, even though I get why some people aren't a fan of the yellow jerseys.

The one this year looks like someone pre-loaded the jersey design template with "atl" and forgot to actually design the jersey.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'll be shocked if we don't have the ugliest city jerseys in the entire league this year.  Those are so terrible they managed to combine boring and putrid ugly which isn't easy to do.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

We've had some good city connect jerseys over the years. More good than bad. These fall in the bad category for me unfortunately.

But when you're cranking these out each year...they ain't all going to be winners.

Peachtree, MLK, and the Yellow Hawk are my top 3 so far.

image.png.04257930763aef2993f562e6d171e1aa.png

image.png.858c1168a953e72d15ad753aefe6896c.png

image.png.4fb137d762950876ee340d39c6827246.png

I miss the MLK, especially the stained glass Pac-Man.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The entire city jerseys this year 🤢 (except maybe 2)..click to view all.

You have to really try hard to be this bad across the entire league. 
Also, I want to give the Nets a special shout out for continuing their incredible run of terrible design. They do it worse than anyone, year after year. 

• Haha 2

I don’t hate them. I don’t love them. But, I don’t hate them. I like these more than the yellows and the 50th anniversary ones, about the same as the volt/blacks, but worse than all the others.

We really should have run back the MLK’s until the wheels fell off.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I'm not sure why gold/cream whatever that is continues to make it onto our jerseys.  With MLK it made sense but it's been on quite a few.  I understand being different but if the blue is an homage to this then why not use a red stripe of even white instead of that weird beige color.

img-2675908-f.jpg

• Like 1