• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Jody23 said:

If I'm not mistaken, Indiana and Atlanta were in talks about a deal for Hunter during the draft.  I'm not sure what the specifics were and why it didn't materialize.

That trade almost happened in the summer. The Pacers got cold feet.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What would you offer for him?

He should have declined his extension if he wanted out. Don't sign then get fatter and unhappier.

I'm still building around Trae and DJ.  I'd rather not include JJ/AJ...but it's honestly whatever.  I'd pull the trigger without thinking to put Trae and Zion together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, kg01 said:

"Us too." - all the strippers and restaurateurs in Atlanta

Sorry, his 'act' may be to get out of NOP.  But he still has some very real and obvious lifestyle issues that won't likely be fixed with a scenery change.

Oh and that minor matter of his body not being conducive to a longterm NBA career anyways.... 

Listen man...I hear you.  You don't think his body will hold up.  You are concerned about his work ethic.  You're worried about his mental toughness.  You didn't like him before the draft and you don't like him now.  I hear you loud and clear.  I have zero concerns about any of it.  I would give Trae and DJ the gravity of this is fat/unmotivated Zion with zero hesitation (and have strippers hand feeding him wings after every game):

I won't convince you and you won't convince me, so let's put a pin in it and revisit down the road. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Listen man...I hear you.  You don't think his body will hold up.  You are concerned about his work ethic.  You're worried about his mental toughness.  You didn't like him before the draft and you don't like him now.  I hear you loud and clear.  I have zero concerns about any of it.  I would give Trae and DJ the gravity of this is fat/unmotivated Zion with zero hesitation (and have strippers hand feeding him wings after every game):

I won't convince you and you won't convince me, so let's put a pin in it and revisit down the road. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah, I wasn't tryna change your mind.  You're not the only one among us hypnotized by Zion's yamms.

Hey, if I'm wrong, ill gladly give you, @Spud2nique, and Zion your pound of flesh and apologize.

But, if im right, I can't promise I won't be insufferable-er.  Deal? 😏

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I wasn't tryna change your mind.  You're not the only one among us hypnotized by Zion's yamms.

Hey, if I'm wrong, ill gladly give you, @Spud2nique, and Zion your pound of flesh and apologize.

But, if im right, I can't promise I won't be insufferable-er.  Deal? 😏

image.png

• Haha 3

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We're talking shop with the Raps again about Siakam. Team losing skid has FO worried we will lose too much to even try for play in.

Hope the Raps know that every game that goes by his value decreases.  The team trading for him gets less from him this year.  They’ve gone from offering a full season of play to 3/4.

In those games, he is performing the worst he has in 6 years.  

Then he is an UFA looking for a max deal that won’t start until he is in his 30’s and has actively told teams he won’t commit to resigning.

They should expect less than they were offered this summer.  Everything is moving in the wrong direction with him.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We're talking shop with the Raps again about Siakam. Team losing skid has FO worried we will lose too much to even try for play in.

Read where we were very close to a deal this summer.  I still don't think he helps..  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Hope the Raps know that every game that goes by his value decreases.  The team trading for him gets less from him this year.  They’ve gone from offering a full season of play to 3/4.

In those games, he is performing the worst he has in 6 years.  

Then he is an UFA looking for a max deal that won’t start until he is in his 30’s and has actively told teams he won’t commit to resigning.

They should expect less than they were offered this summer.  Everything is moving in the wrong direction with him.

I bet the Toronto version of AH could write the same type of post about our assets but in reverse. 

• Haha 1

Masai knows that if he trades us Siakam or OG there could be a serious shift in the East with us raising up to a real top 4 contender.

Look, I don’t know what Siakam costs he would be the most skilled power forward we’ve had here since Millsap 7 years ago. JC was an athletic 4 with a middy but by no means did he have a lot of skill, our forwards right now outside of Jalen really don’t either. Siakam is a huge boost. He’s a big that can own one side of the floor by taking his man one on one which would free up Trae and Bogi and the rest of the gang immensely.

We still aren’t 25 games in but it’s evident that we need some kind of a trade whether small, medium or large.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Masai knows that if he trades us Siakam or OG there could be a serious shift in the East with us raising up to a real top 4 contender.

Look, I don’t know what Siakam costs he would be the most skilled power forward we’ve had here since Millsap 7 years ago. JC was an athletic 4 with a middy but by no means did he have a lot of skill, our forwards right now outside of Jalen really don’t either. Siakam is a huge boost. He’s a big that can own one side of the floor by taking his man one on one which would free up Trae and Bogi and the rest of the gang immensely.

We still aren’t 25 games in but it’s evident that we need some kind of a trade whether small, medium or large.

Right now, JJ has better prospect for our system than Siakam.  Siakam's three point shooting is non-existent.  His defense has never moved the needle.  He's just a big who can score.   Whereas JJ may be the future at 4 or 3. 

Screenshot 2023-12-10 212734.png

• Like 4