• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

35 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Kawhi is not walking through that Door!!!

kawhi-leonard.gif

Did you watch the finals tho? Kawhi was unbelievable yes but Siakam was a pretty incredible Robin for that entire series against the Warriors. He adjusted his play to what Kerr was throwing at him. Kerr put doubles in Kawhi yes but somebody had to come through and that was Pascal. 

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Did you watch the finals tho? Kawhi was unbelievable yes but Siakam was a pretty incredible Robin for that entire series against the Warriors. He adjusted his play to what Kerr was throwing at him. Kerr put doubles in Kawhi yes but somebody had to come through and that was Pascal. 

Interesting points.  My first reaction was, "Spud, you're making his point for him!  Kawhi getting attention is why Pascal excelled."

But then I thought, "well he wouldn't get the attention here so maybe that's why he'd help us."

But then I said, "kg, that dude don't wanna come here and be Robin.  He thinks he's batman.  That ain't gon work here."

So now I'm confused. 😥

Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, kg01 said:

I bet the Toronto version of AH could write the same type of post about our assets but in reverse. 

Any picks we offered should be increased in value.  AJ’s value has diminished based on his play.  Hunter I don’t think has changed his profile with his play either way this year.  Kobe’s play and injury have reduced his trade value some.

The big deal is all of those guys are young or still entering their prime and have years of team control ahead of them.  Siakam can walk in like 60 games and will be 30 when he starts a season with you.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Interesting points.  My first reaction was, "Spud, you're making his point for him!  Kawhi getting attention is why Pascal excelled."

But then I thought, "well he wouldn't get the attention here so maybe that's why he'd help us."

But then I said, "kg, that dude don't wanna come here and be Robin.  He thinks he's batman.  That ain't gon work here."

So now I'm confused. 😥

Thanks. 

You are right... in several places. 

Kawhi is the tide that made other ships raise. 

If Siakam were that good of a defender, why is he not doing anything NOW?  He's like Hunter... He has ability and size to be a great defender but no impact. 

He doesn't want to be Robin.  His team is changing on him and he's becoming Robin.. but he still has to have his hands on the ball every play. 

He will cost us too much and will bring us too little.   It's not a good trade. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Not really cuz he could be the Robin to Trae’s Batman, and no I’m not one of those Trae doubters, dude is a top flight #1 option come at me. 😯 🏃‍♀️ (not all at once)..

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

So now I'm confused. 😥

Confused a$$ b iiiiiii digress 😂 jk don’t pout 🥺 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

We're talking shop with the Raps again about Siakam. Team losing skid has FO worried we will lose too much to even try for play in.

I've been saying that Tony is gonna use spending again as his last card to play to fix this team.  It actually could work, too.  Getting Siakam means going into the tax next year, btw.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

I actually agree with that especially considering the price to get him. 

Well to put it more in detail: I think Siakam would help, yes, but not enough to justify the cost to acquire him plus the contract we have to pay him to keep him to justify the trade. 

Another option is paying for several medium level role players, which is what almost everyone who is clamoring to go into the tax was essentially wanting.  Keeping Collins and Huerter costs the same as Siakam. 

The move to get Siakam would be what convinces Tony to pay for more talent.  Right or wrong.  Once you have Siakam and more salary on the payroll than you adjust from there. JC didn't motivate Tony to spend more, but Siakam could give him enough hope to do it.  

Obviously if Siakam is more like JC and less like a third team All NBA player it's a lateral move and a flop.  I'd like to give Siakam a shot over staying under the tax and building through mid round draft picks and MLE players.  The other rumor was trading Hunter to Indiana for Duarte and picks.  

Your welcome 🙏🏿 

The Toronto Raptors are struggling early in the 2023-14 season, off to a 9-13 start. And that has teams inquiring about players like Pascal Siakam and OG Anunoby ahead of February's NBA trade deadline.

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium, "Teams such as the Atlanta Hawks, Sacramento Kings and Indiana Pacers are expected suitors for Siakam or Anunoby but believe Siakam appears to be the likelier player to be dealt."

-The outsiders including @kg01

Gimme Siak gimme my boi OG! 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Does anyone think Siakam will be worth $50M per year on his next contract?  This part of what makes finding the right price to pay for him so difficult.  I see him as a very good piece but not max worthy but if you trade for him you are probably pot committed to maxing him.  Which means you really shouldn’t be giving up a lot in that trade because you aren’t getting a great value asset and he is going to make life difficult from a cap management perspective unless you are willing to not just pay the tax but to pay a lot.

No, he’s not worth that.  But for our franchise it means the owner will pay an extra $25M/yr to upgrade from Hunter to Siakam.  

We’re definitely in cap hell, but we’re paying extra to move from treadmill team to winning playoff series.  That’s the logic…I think.  

FVV wasn’t worth his contract either, but look at the Houston team after adding an extremely overpaid PG.  

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, AHF said:

Does anyone think Siakam will be worth $50M per year on his next contract?  This part of what makes finding the right price to pay for him so difficult.  I see him as a very good piece but not max worthy but if you trade for him you are probably pot committed to maxing him.  Which means you really shouldn’t be giving up a lot in that trade because you aren’t getting a great value asset and he is going to make life difficult from a cap management perspective unless you are willing to not just pay the tax but to pay a lot.

He should be valued at the same ballpark as DJM, IMO I would prefer to pay him a little less because of his age.

• Like 3