• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

@TheNorthCydeRises

Siakam is a high usage player who has to have the ball to be effective.   Nobody is running to see what he and Trae would look like playing together. 

Fun fact:  The vast majority of star players, are high usage players.

image.png.0e793901b6bff7d4ebc12bed76c3748b.png

Fun fact #2:  Siakam has had a usage % of over 28% just one time in his career.  The bottom line is that Siakam's overall value as a shot creator, facilitator, and a big who can play the 4, and small ball 5, that makes him valuable.

Interesting video on the Siakam - Van Vleet pick and roll, with both guys interchanging who is the PnR ball handler.  It even shows Van Vleet screening for Siakam, and Siakam kicking a pass back out to Van Vleet for 3.

So imagine Siakam and Trae doing this, with Trae's ability to knock down deep 3s off the catch and shoot.  Or even a Siakam - JJ pick and roll, with JJ or Siakam being the roll man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Fun fact #2:  Siakam has had a usage % of over 28% just one time in his career.  The bottom line is that Siakam's overall value as a shot creator, facilitator, and a big who can play the 4, and small ball 5, that makes him valuable.

Interesting video on the Siakam - Van Vleet pick and roll, with both guys interchanging who is the PnR ball handler.  It even shows Van Vleet screening for Siakam, and Siakam kicking a pass back out to Van Vleet for 3.

So imagine Siakam and Trae doing this, with Trae's ability to knock down deep 3s off the catch and shoot.  Or even a Siakam - JJ pick and roll, with JJ or Siakam being the roll man.

Thank you for actually providing facts. It amazes me the generalizations and poor supported posts [that are made on the internet].

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

If the Raptors trade Siakam, they'll probably send him to the Western Conference even if it's for less in return.  Their objective is not to just to get a good return, but they want to fleece a team especially if they're in the East.  I don't think they want another Eastern team to actually improve after acquiring him.  Move on, Hawks.

this is absolutely true in addition to other hurdles

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m down for trading for rentals and clearing the books in the offseason.

If we somehow can get off Dre and CC’s contracts, we can get under the actual salary cap, sign a FA outright and extend JJ this offseason. Everything else is roster filler.

Trae, DJ, Bogi, JJ, OO + FA would be your core pieces going forward.

I get OO looks bad lately but OO next to JJ has been an elite duo. JJ’s emergence as a starter has limited the actual game minutes these two have played together, but going back to last season, they are a dominant pairing. 

We could go after a true hard nosed 3-D Forward, and a rugged big man. 

I don't mind clearing Dre from the books.   But Both CC and Bogi are indispensable right now.  For the last few years, people has wanted to get rid of CC because he misses a few bunnies.

image.png

Trae = #54

image.png

And people will see these stats that CC puts up and say  That increases his trade value.  Then we play Cleveland with no Clint and Allen has the best game of his life...  and we talk about how we need Siakam?

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If the Van Vleet Siakam Pairing was so great...

• Why did Nick Nurse get fired?
  • Why didn't they even make it to the playin?

42 Million dollars per season...  For this...

image.png

Our man Jalen is better than Pascal at most things.

That's 2.5 Million per year vs. 42 Million per year.   Pascal is not the defender he used to be.   You say he's high usage... Like Randle... but Randle still produces and helps his team win.  Pascal has led his team into mediocrity.   As you look at the Rapts right now... Scottie and Dennis does more for winning than Pascal.  They could trade Pascal for Dre Hunter straight up and they would be a much better team. 

• Premium Member

Van Vleet is leading the Rockets.

Fred VanVleet has been a godsend for the 2023-24 Houston Rockets. The championship point guard is averaging 16.4 points, a career-best 8.5 assists (fifth in the league), 4.3 rebounds, 85.3 percent from the charity stripe, 37.6 percent from three, and ranks third among starting point guards in assists-to-turnovers (behind Tyus Jones and Mike Conley).

VanVleet has also taken on a huge workload, as his 37.9 minutes per contest leads the league. Granted, he ranks 33rd in total minutes, mainly due to the Rockets' funky schedule, as they've played just 22 total games- the fewest in the league thus far.

So last year, the Raptors sucked.

Everybody blamed Van Vleet.   This Year... Houston is 13-10... Better than Phoenix and Golden State...  While the Raptors are .. Still Suck and if the offseason started today, they would miss the playin...

Siakam is a high usage player whose play does not change a thing.  He may even make things worse because he doesn't play defense as well as he used to.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Been told the new wrinkle for a Siakam deal with the Raptors is them insisting on JJ in a deal. Really, really wish the team would just move on from the Raps. Look at the amount of trade chatter from that FO and how few actual trades are made. 

Good. Now that Lauri is available he should be the focus.

Beyond the contract and trade consideration concerns, one thing I worry about with adding Siakam to this team is spacing. 
Remember how big of a problem it was having JC share the floor with CC? It tanked JC’s value, and Siakam is exactly a floor spacer, either. 
Then what happens when JJ comes back? I know he was hitting his 3s pretty well, but I’m still a little skeptical that he’ll maintain that level. 
We don’t have a 5 that can draw defenders out of the paint, so we’ll be stuck overpaying for a player that will be underutilized. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Beyond the contract and trade consideration concerns, one thing I worry about with adding Siakam to this team is spacing. 
Remember how big of a problem it was having JC share the floor with CC? It tanked JC’s value, and Siakam is exactly a floor spacer, either. 
Then what happens when JJ comes back? I know he was hitting his 3s pretty well, but I’m still a little skeptical that he’ll maintain that level. 
We don’t have a 5 that can draw defenders out of the paint, so we’ll be stuck overpaying for a player that will be underutilized. 

I share some of these concerns but with Siakam you have to worry about him taking you off the dribble which wasn't a concern with JC.  So he doesn't have to catch close to the basket to be effective even if his shooting isn't great. 

• Like 2