• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Teams are calling but Atlanta isn't interested unless it's a bigger deal.

Don't be shocked if Toronto and Atlanta do a deal with Murray if OG and Siakam goes to Atlanta but OG market might be a tad better as they want a young stud for OG. Atlanta been in heavy talks with Toronto, especially of late. I don't see how Atlanta can afford it. 

I won’t be shocked. I’m one of the few on this board that said Murray will need to be traded (unfortunately).

if we can have a starting lineup of Trae, OG, Jalen, Siakam, OO or Capela that’s a better lineup around Trae. 

The issue I have with any deal for both OG and Siakam is that it will definitely include Murray, Hunter and Bogi…I have a big issue with trading away Bogi. Bogi fits too well in Synders scheme.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was fine with the DJ trade on it's own merit. I liked his quick first step to get in the paint and freethrow line, his ability to rebound for a guard, his ball handling (which we sorely needed) and defense - all of which he has not done as consistently as I expected. We did not improve the front court in the size department to account for the smaller backcourt.

If we had a more aggressive front court I truly believe the Trae/DJ backcourt would not be under any kind of microscope but we get bullied just too damn much.

The easy fix is to include Murray in a trade that puts more aggressive players around Trae who has size and length.

Murray is still a good player no doubt but I’m starting to believe (IF POSSIBLE)…a gamble trade to get OG and Siakam is worth it.

Tony just has to be ready pay big bucks next offseason. 

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

I am told Hunter doesn't have the value Toronto is coveting. Bogi is their target for Siakam. As you can imagine to the chagrin of the Hawks. Bogi is getting a shit ton of calls. He's one of the most coveted players that teams may think could be available if not the most coveted. Atlanta been hard lined on Bogi as they love him.

Interesting…if Toronto doesn’t want Hunter then I don’t understand how that deal would come close to working unless a 3rd team is involved.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Interesting…if Toronto doesn’t want Hunter then I don’t understand how that deal would come close to working unless a 3rd team is involved.

It's simple, we got Mills as a trade filler and AJ been in the framework for months. It was never Bogi and Hunter. It was always Bogi or Hunter. Atlanta pushed for Hunter but Bogi ascension this year has made him the player that Toronto covets. They been on him for awhile too, since the World Cup this summer. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's simple, we got Mills as a trade filler and AJ been in the framework for months. It was never Bogi and Hunter. It was always Bogi or Hunter. Atlanta pushed for Hunter but Bogi ascension this year has made him the player that Toronto covets. They been on him for awhile too, since the World Cup this summer. 

Gotcha…it sounds like this may be somewhat of the framework between Hawks and Raptors once DJ is available to be traded.

I threw in DJ since you said “don’t be surprised”….i added both Patty and AJ but then I was thinking no way we give up all those guards in a deal and not take one back from Toronto so I threw in the World Cup defensive star aka lil Goldie…

Personally I’d do this deal in a heartbeat and bring Hunter off the bench to start Jalen at the 3. 

image.thumb.png.75db54bdc45a45ed2e7a4623512d7897.png

Edited by JTB

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Gotcha…it sounds like this may be somewhat of the framework between Hawks and Raptors once DJ is available to be traded.

I threw in DJ since you said “don’t be surprised”….i added both Patty and AJ but then I was thinking no way we give up all those guards in a deal and not take one back from Toronto so I threw in the World Cup defensive star aka lil Goldie…

Personally I’d do this deal in a heartbeat and bring Hunter off the bench to start Jalen at the 3. 

image.thumb.png.75db54bdc45a45ed2e7a4623512d7897.png

Atlanta ain't interested in Dennis. JJ at the 3? That pretty much kills his strengths. With OG, he would be the 3. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta ain't interested in Dennis. JJ at the 3? That pretty much kills his strengths. With OG, he would be the 3. 

Ok I’m going to read between the lines here. 

Sounds like the interest in Siakam is dead for the most part. Atlanta is mainly after OG and it may be possible they’ll trade Murray to get him since they love Bogi so much maybe even more than Murray under Synder.

Bogi could easily go back as a starter as the fit between Trae and Bogi is just working too good and even better than Trae and Murray offensively.

Then you would have a lineup of Trae, Bogi, OG, Jalen, OO or Capela.

Hunter off the bench with Bey for now.

we’d have to make another trade if this is the hawks BIG plans because theres still issues. We’d need a backup point guard and SG off the bench unless there’s plans of a heavy dose of the rookie. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

The New York Knicks reportedly have interest in trading for Dejounte Murray of the Atlanta Hawks. One challenge is that Murray is represented by Rich Paul of Klutch Sports.

Paul, and Klutch Sports, are reluctant to work with the Knicks. This seems to be driven by the presence of Leon Rose and Williams Wesley, who lead the New York front office. Both Rose and Wesley worked for CAA before joining the Knicks. Some have suggested that Rose and Wesley have shown a preference for acquiring CAA clients.

If Murray requested a trade to New York, Paul would work to make that happen. Outside of that, Paul has been reluctant to work with the Knicks under Rose and Wesley's leadership.

IAN BEGLEY/SNY

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sounds like the interest in Siakam is dead for the most part. Atlanta is mainly after OG and it may be possible they’ll trade Murray to get him since they love Bogi so much maybe even more than Murray under Synder.

Bogi could easily go back as a starter as the fit between Trae and Bogi is just working too good and even better than Trae and Murray offensively.

we’d have to make another trade if this is the hawks BIG plans because theres still issues. We’d need a backup point guard and SG off the bench unless there’s plans of a heavy dose of the rookie. 

Meh.. Damn near the same squad...... 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JTB said:

I wouldn't say dead. Life support maybe. Siakam is the issue as well as what Toronto wants. 

Murray for OG been talks for over a year but Toronto preferably rather a young stud but right now, none are available but that's not stopping what they want. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

The idea of a “soft rebuild / one year tank” is scary.  We own our pick this year and then we don’t own it for the next 3 years.  If we “miss” on sticking the landing on that soft rebuild we could spend the next 3 years feeding lottery picks to the Spurs.  That would be an abject disaster.

It's dumb.  We're too reactionary if these are really the plans.  If you want a soft rebuild, just ride it out til the draft (if we're so bad). I don't think we've been giving a real chance to see what we are... we're working with half the information.   Have we learned nothing??

image.png

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The value of Bogi has never been higher. This is one of the main reasons some of the people in the FO want to do a soft rebuild. Use Bogi and other assets like CC, Hunter and yes DJ after Jan 9th to build some assets and build a team more in line with Quin. 

Meanwhile, how would Trae view this?  

• Like 1

If I knew DJM would be this bad defensively I would have vetoed the trade. I think this team is better with Huerter. And the fact we gave away quality future picks for him irks me. Hunter and Bogi are playing some of the best ball of their career and if they can get Lauri do it. We should of got KAT this summer though.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GameTime said:

If I knew DJM would be this bad defensively I would have vetoed the trade. I think this team is better with Huerter. And the fact we gave away quality future picks for him irks me. Hunter and Bogi are playing some of the best ball of their career and if they can get Lauri do it. We should of got KAT this summer though.....

Everything is all rosy in the Twin Cities.  KAT isn't going anywhere if they keep playing like this.

We definitely missed our shot last summer, if we even had a shot.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 3