• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I thought that at first but i think he signed knowing that it would be an easy deal to move and if he did he'd get moved to a playoff team.  So I'm guessing he's good either way.   I bet he'd like to be the primary PG again somewhere.  

I agree with this and thought the same as well. I just kind of hate getting rid of a guy who wants to be here when we have that massive TPE sitting on the table.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks need to worry about fixing this team, not how they look.. They tried, it didnt work.. They probably should tried to fix the bum ass frontcourt first, but whatever....

I do think how they look matters some when players think about playing here. Agree on fixing the frontcourt, that focus should have been prioritized.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I agree with this and thought the same as well. I just kind of hate getting rid of a guy who wants to be here when we have that massive TPE sitting on the table.

if it's a 2 for 1 i'm good with it.  and if it brings a first even better. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Is it just me, or is it a bad look trading DJ after he just signed such a team friendly contract?

"He hated playing with Trae"

Pretty sure that'll be the narrative.

IDC though. lol

Hawks have to fix this shit..

Trae name already pretty cooked in NBA cirlcles..

Hawks gonna have to win consistently before that changes..

12 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

"Massive TPE"

download.jpg.c09858e2bcf3619b451a2ecf81e4cb60.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 4

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Is it just me, or is it a bad look trading DJ after he just signed such a team friendly contract?

Not a good look at all. But I'd rather they rip off the band aid if they've determined it's not working and recoup what they can and move to the next phase. Rather deal with the PR hit than trying to keep forcing it.

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This. Look at his dad's multiple social media comments about his son playing and defending out of position. DJ came here in good faith but it isn't working. He knows this. Trae knows this. If DJ gets moved it won't cause negative feelings.

I hope so.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, warcore said:

Well aware. It could be a high sheet to match though. 

Then we either match or not. Can't have it both ways. We can speculate what he will get 2 years from now, but the truth is we don't really know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HAWKS LOOKING TO TRADE

Really?  Or is this just a dream of the Squawk?  The more I see, the less I believe.  

Injuries have ruined our season.  You tell me, "Other teams have players missing time and they continue to win."  True, but we aren't built this way.  This Hawk team is too dependent on their starting five and four bench players.  Remove any one and Hawks are crippled.  Therefore, almost all season finds this team missing key players.

Crippled up, injured players are almost impossible to trade.  Healthy players we want to keep.  

Plenty of trade ideas have been posted under this topic.  Some really good.  Some so one sided they would never work.  If Atlanta really wanted to make a deal, there would be some serious discussions going on and moves would result. 

Injured Hawks return and others drop out, injured.  How many games have we played, being 100% healthy?  Not many.  Until this happens, convince me that any sort of trade is going to happen, especially involving our top eight players.

:ahf:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This. Look at his dad's multiple social media comments about his son playing and defending out of position. DJ came here in good faith but it isn't working. He knows this. Trae knows this. If DJ gets moved it won't cause negative feelings.

He’s very unhappy with his role on the team. The New York and Toronto smoke is real. Wouldn’t shock me if a three team deal happens that lands djm in New York, siakam in Atlanta, and probably quickley, Dre, aj in Toronto 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

He’s very unhappy with his role on the team. The New York and Toronto smoke is real. Wouldn’t shock me if a three team deal happens that lands djm in New York, siakam in Atlanta, and probably quickley, Dre, aj in Toronto 

I dont doubt you but I don't see why the situation in nyk would be any different for him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Nothing that has been said previously, makes me believe this Hawksquawk  N.O. rumor. 

But just to delve a little farther..

1. So are we trading JJ or giving up on him and making him a BU?
  2. So is there a trade for Dre or will he or Murphy be coming off the bench?
  3. What happens to Bey?
  4. Herbert Jones is 6'8"  210 and averages 3.9 rpg.  How does this help?
  5. Murphy is 6'8" 208 and averages 4.0 rpg.   How does this help?
  6. What happens to the SG position?  We move Bogi in as a starter?

Is somebody listening to Little Nicky call out trades he made on 2K?

Oh... I know...  This is just a part of a series of moves that the Hawks will make to bring in players that are not superstars.   Or maybe... we're trading Dre, Bogi, Patty, AJ and getting Zach Lavine and Jabari Smith before doing that deal.  Yeah that 2k is special.  Especially when you take injuries off.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Bro, how many times we gotta tell you this but Siakam to Atlanta failed in the offseason because Siakam didn't want to be here. Trae even tried to convince him. If Siakam is here. It's as a rental only

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, how many times we gotta tell you this but Siakam to Atlanta failed in the offseason because Siakam didn't want to be here. Trae even tried to convince him. If Siakam is here. It's as a rental only

I'm more apt to believe this based on what Siakam's family said.   He doesn't want to be in Trae's shadow and that's the only spot for him if he comes because he's really not that good without the ball. 

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna say OO isn’t on the table either. If I’m wrong spank me. :moon: :spank:

OO is out on those trade streets like a Hooker on Stewart. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:
  • Herbert Jones is 6'8"  210 and averages 3.9 rpg.  How does this help?
  • Murphy is 6'8" 208 and averages 4.0 rpg.   How does this help?

are you alluding that Dre is an exceptional rebounder? He's not helping us either. At least these two play aggressive defense. 

And FWIW, 4 RPG for players who are typically out on the perimeter on defense is not too shabby.