• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I’m not looking at anyone else but the Hawks.

The last (2) times we had any money to spend in FA we knocked it out of the park.

When we brought in Gallo, Bogi, Snell, etc…

And the offseason we signed Milsap, DMC, etc…. 

Those were two examples of completely changing our fortunes overnight and it happened because we had cash to do so.

Before we remake history here....

Nobody wanted any of those players...except Bogi.  We signed Bogi after Milwaukee messed up. 

Milsap and DMC wasn't highly regarded.  Gallo and Snell... Come on.  Nobody were checking for them at the time.   Gallo actually costed us a 2nd round pick because he was a SNT.

Just now, Diesel said:

Before we remake history here....

Nobody wanted any of those players...except Bogi.  We signed Bogi after Milwaukee messed up. 

Milsap and DMC wasn't highly regarded.  Gallo and Snell... Come on.  Nobody were checking for them at the time.   Gallo actually costed us a 2nd round pick because he was a SNT.

This isn’t about remaking history. Those moves worked, heralded or not.

We can improve in FA is my point.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

This isn’t about remaking history. Those moves worked, heralded or not.

We can improve in FA is my point.

It's possible.  But you have to have the eye of the tiger.  Those guys in that FO, they train hard... but they don't have the eye.

I don't disagree about FAcy.. Just making a point that top FAs were never attracted to come to Atlanta. Whatever we do, it's got to be well thought out. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Nothing that has been said previously, makes me believe this Hawksquawk  N.O. rumor. 

But just to delve a little farther..

1. So are we trading JJ or giving up on him and making him a BU?
  2. So is there a trade for Dre or will he or Murphy be coming off the bench?
  3. What happens to Bey?
  4. Herbert Jones is 6'8"  210 and averages 3.9 rpg.  How does this help?
  5. Murphy is 6'8" 208 and averages 4.0 rpg.   How does this help?
  6. What happens to the SG position?  We move Bogi in as a starter?

Is somebody listening to Little Nicky call out trades he made on 2K?

Oh... I know...  This is just a part of a series of moves that the Hawks will make to bring in players that are not superstars.   Or maybe... we're trading Dre, Bogi, Patty, AJ and getting Zach Lavine and Jabari Smith before doing that deal.  Yeah that 2k is special.  Especially when you take injuries off.

To answer some of this:

Herbert Jones is easily one of the best perimeter defenders in the entire NBA. He is on defense what we were told Hunter would be. He would be easily the best perimeter defender we've had since Thabo was here. You slide him in at the 2 to play next to Trae and you finally have a defensive minded guard/forward that can be a great POA defender. He's like a Tony Allen difference in the backcourt.

Look at Murphy's shooting last season and this season. Just look at it. He helps your spacing and he's a scary af shooter if you leave him open. Remember Korver? Hell, look at what Bogi can do. A very good, naw, ELITE shooter at a high enough volume that it matters. You put him in at SF. He's also a decent to good defender as well.

So in this specific case if we only did that one trade we immediately get better on defense as well as having either a good shooting new SF or an effective shooting SF off the bench. You can also play Murphy at PF. So if we had for example JJ/Hunter/Murphy/Bey that's having real depth on your team at every forward position. 

If we did that one trade just in a vacuum and did nothing else, literally nothing else, this team gets better. Herbert Jones would be what everyone wanting Alex Caruso would be for us.

• Like 4

Would they do it?

Would WE do it?

I think both need a change of scenery that could help their careers.  Hell, toss in a future 1st too.

image.thumb.png.c4446ffbf1973c5b854e61ab1ab73a02.png

If you want a culture change, that's as dramatic as it gets.

I'm desperate at this point, and wouldn't mind this at all.  He automatically becomes the biggest voice in the locker room, and wouldn't be afraid to challenge even Trae and DJ to be better on defense.

• Trae
  • DJ
  • JJ
  • Green
  • Capela

That completely changes the dynamic of our defense.  And gives us 2 facilitators on the frontline in JJ and Green ( who can function as a primary facilitator ).

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

OG to the Knicks.. Knicks gave up too much for an expiring lol

OG better be signing an extension

Expiring almost always resign.  Even when PG13 said he would go to the Lakers, he still resigned with OKC.  

The risk is a lot smaller than you guys make it sound.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique come get cyde.  He's had too much internets.

Seriously though, the 'idea' of draymond would help us more than the reality of draymond.  He's no longer impactful when he plays.  And he's one incident away from a season ban probably.  EZPass 

No Spud.

The one thing that people need to realize, is that we're not going to be able to pull off the perfect deal for the perfect player.  I personally think that player would be Siakam, but you see where that is going.

Some of the more impactful NBA deals in the past have come from teams either being desperate and willing to give up young assets just for one player, or a team trading for a disgruntled player ( or a franchise that is done with that player ).

Draymond is a veteran, who has won multiple championships.  I actually think he may help Trae in a lot of aspects, as well as the team . . . even if his on court production isn't that great.  His defensive numbers still hold up and would be by far the best on our team.  His overall BPM would be 2nd, next to Trae.

The Hawks are way too soft as a team.  This is where a lot of our defensive issues stem from.  So bring in the most volatile big dog in the NBA to see if he can change the culture.

Because right now, we're going nowhere fast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique come get cyde.  He's had too much internets.

Seriously though, the 'idea' of draymond would help us more than the reality of draymond.  He's no longer impactful when he plays.  And he's one incident away from a season ban probably.  EZPass 

Or better yet, do this deal:

image.thumb.png.812b6dab3ed4a896f5a32aa2895bad57.png

Now you give the Warriors something to think about.  Bogi can go out there and give them more shooting.  They can still develop Kuminga to take Draymond's role.

Hawks gain a frontline defender and a guy who will challenge the entire team to up their defensive intensity.  He'll also talk on the court.  He's also a good secondary facilitator.

And look at the defensive difference.

With Bogi gone, you put AJ back in the rotation and see if he can give you the production he gave us last year.  Bogi has done well for us this season.  But his 3 point shooting is still too streaky and his defense is donkey.

Pull the trigger Landry.  You have nothing to lose at this point.  You might get fired if you stand pat, or make a minimal move.

Bogi + 2nd rd pick for Draymond

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mikey said:

He’s very unhappy with his role on the team. The New York and Toronto smoke is real. Wouldn’t shock me if a three team deal happens that lands djm in New York, siakam in Atlanta, and probably quickley, Dre, aj in Toronto 

Well I told you guys they were talking 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

OG to the Knicks.. Knicks gave up too much for an expiring lol

OG better be signing an extension

OG/Precious for Quickly/Barrett/2nd rounder.

Yeah, seems like Toronto won on this one.  I think Barrett is the best player in the deal... and Quickly is not so bad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

OG/Precious for Quickly/Barrett/2nd rounder.

Yeah, seems like Toronto won on this one.  I think Barrett is the best player in the deal... and Quickly is not so bad. 

I think Barrett is overrated. I think OG is the best player in the deal but for it to make sense for New York they need to resign OG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I don't understand the Knicks logic with this trade. They clearly lost this exchange. 

Thibbs like Defense.   He just got 2 very defensive players. 

More importantly, he got somebody that can play Center minutes because they lost their starting C. 

• Like 2