• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Updates I'm allowed to share:

Teams are having to bid against each other for our players which is exactly what the FO wanted. They wanted a real bidding war and we are getting some of that.

No one is being traded for pennies on the dollar. If you think the video I shared is my private belief on that please wipe that away. 

The most active teams pushing for him are the Lakers and Knicks. Spurs interest is legit. I would personally happily trade him back for our picks and undoing the pick swap but that's just me.

Lakers don't have much to offer. I know we have discussed a three team deal with the Lakers with Murray and Capela plus some kind of draft compensation from third team for AD coming to Atlanta. 

Interesting, I actually would not be surprised if DJ had some sort of epiphany of how well run the Spurs organization is, combined with the fact they just drafted a once-every-20-years talent, and wants to go back to the Spurs.  No idea what that package would look like but for optics reasons, I imagine we would not take anything less than our picks back and maybe Vassel? Collins?  Tough for me to know how much talent is on that roster given how awful the team is and I do not watch them -- welcome any opinions on ppl who are more familiar

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Updates I'm allowed to share:

Teams are having to bid against each other for our players which is exactly what the FO wanted. They wanted a real bidding war and we are getting some of that.

No one is being traded for pennies on the dollar. If you think the video I shared is my private belief on that please wipe that away. 

The most active teams pushing for him are the Lakers and Knicks. Spurs interest is legit. I would personally happily trade him back for our picks and undoing the pick swap but that's just me.

Lakers don't have much to offer. I know we have discussed a three team deal with the Lakers with Murray and Capela plus some kind of draft compensation from third team for AD coming to Atlanta. 

I certainly hope our GM wouldn’t go after a glass player.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trading DJM back to the Spurs for the picks we gave them would truly be one of the weirdest trades ever, not that I'd mind it. It reminds me of something that would happen with little kids. I want my player back! I want my picks back! Fine, here is your player! Fine, here are your picks! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, let's get real weird.  Send the picks to UTA ... for Collins. 😲 

And pry Kevin Huerter out of SAC with a first! Let's get the band back together! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

And pry Kevin Huerter out of SAC with a first! Let's get the band back together! 

I'm pickin' up what you're puttin down, cam. 

And you jus' know the Lakers tryna get rid 'o Reddish.  Let's go! 

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Antonio Daniels retired years ago, saffron.  Geez, the insiders are reaching again I see.

😏 

So did Antonio Davis and Adrian Dantley.

So Who's this new AD fella? 😀

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Clarification please: is this compensation from the 3rd team coming to Atlanta or AD coming to Atlanta???

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

So did Antonio Davis and Adrian Dantley.

were you an Antonio or Dale Davis guy? You had to have a favorite... right? 

(Yeah I'm changing the subject -- sick of thinking about Grimes)

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, warcore said:

were you an Antonio or Dale Davis guy? You had to have a favorite... right? 

(Yeah I'm changing the subject -- sick of thinking about Grimes)

Hawks could use either one of those guys..

We're too damn soft and finesse

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

If San Antonio had the cap space to take on Murray, we might be able to trade a 2nd to Utah and get JC back, too.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Not saying the Spurs rumor isn't legit, but it smells like the Hawks trying to leverage a better deal elsewhere.

And the Spurs obliging out of a guilty conscience for bending us over in the original Murray trade lol

• Haha 1