• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

Let's assume that the trade nets us two first round picks.  

Let's say they are the following:

Dallas 2024 Pick (top 12 protected) or New York 2024 (top ?? protected)

and

Milwaukee 2025 Pick (top 4 protected)

How does this move the needle for  us?  Do you really think that will get us a good player if we flip them?  I wouldn't give up more than role players for those picks.  Dallas and New York's picks right now are projected around #20.  The Bucks pick would be like #29.  

Any deal that primarily revolves around that kind of value seems like a low key means of trying to get rid of Trae.  "Hey Trae - don't worry about not having Dejounte playing with you.  Here is a role player defender to backup Bogi and a couple picks that if they work out could get you another role player! 

Nobody is going to give up great players for those kinds of picks and if we give up Dejounte for them we are morons.

Exactly. If we are doing pick centric deals, they need to be high variance future picks that would be attractive in a trade to improve the roster. More low end 2024 picks don't do that.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

That’s the one we need right there !…Wiggins! 

Wiggins and a first rd pick for Murray and filler

Wiggins has been AWFUL!!! now he has his contract he's been worse than Minny Wiggins. Yuck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

why'd he miss so much last year?  I don't remember.  at 28 i like his chances of returning to form.  he's been solid for GS

He had a personal issue and was back in Canada (Dad really sick)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

Are you assuming JJ plays more at the 3? I see a potential log jam in our front court with JJ/CC/OO here. Glad to be wrong though. Value wise, at least there is a decent player.

Randle is better than all 3 of those players together.   NY wouldn't trade him anyway 

• Like 1

@Mikey @NBASupes @Sothron @Vol4ever

was just wondering…all the insider info has been saying Siakam wants to go to Philly but I’m curious does Philly (or really Morey)…want Siakam too ?…to a point where they’d pay him big money or again does Philly even want Siakam at all ?

im wondering if spicy p is going to get a wake up call when he hits free agency that his value isn’t as high as he may think . If Philly rejects him, where does that leave him?

if I’m Philly and I have cap space (I believe that’s the case for them)…I’m not thinking about Siakam as my first choice of putting talent around Embiid and Maxey,

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

was just wondering…all the insider info has been saying Siakam wants to go to Philly but I’m curious does Philly (or really Morey)…want Siakam too ?…to a point where they’d pay him big money or again does Philly even want Siakam at all ?

im wondering if spicy p is going to get a wake up call when he hits free agency that his value isn’t as high as he may think . If Philly rejects him, where does that leave him?

if I’m Philly and I have cap space (I believe that’s the case for them)…I’m not thinking about Siakam as my first choice of putting talent around Embiid and Maxey,

Philly would lose a lot of their depth if the offer Siakam a max.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Philly would lose a lot of their depth if the offer Siakam a max.

Not to mention…Philly is in championship contention with Embiid. I would bet Harris is just as impactful and he’ll be on a better contract that meets his skill set.

im not saying Siakam isn’t good but a trio of Maxey, Siakam, Embiid ain’t making the real contenders sweat.

Hawks on the other hand is in a position where we need to comfortably make the playoffs so Siakam is more beneficial for us.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, JTB said:

Siakam is losing interest around the league because of being unwilling to sign an extension and teams are not gonna give up assets for a 6 month rental when he can be signed in the summer.  Toronto should have moved him in the spring.  He is a good player chasing a max deal.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JTB said:

It is interesting. Siakam either knows Philly wants him, which is all I've heard is the interest is mutual, or he's one of the dumbest players ever. He had at least two teams that would have given him extensions in Atlanta and Sac and he blew both of them off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

The more DJM plays like he has lately the return for him goes up. I know some of you are against being a seller but we really could get some returns here to help this team long term.

As long as he stays healthy that is....

If we're definitely moving him, Id sit him with a mysterious injury.......

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Sothron said:

The more DJM plays like he has lately the return for him goes up. I know some of you are against being a seller but we really could get some returns here to help this team long term.

Is this true?  I hope teams only watching box score because anyone watching him play defense probably not eager to throw in more picks or w/e