• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

21-5-4rebs and 45% shooting is essentially what Joe Johnson averaged as the best player and an All Star of those Hawks teams.

So yeah, I would say DJM is a star based on his production. Any other market and this wouldn’t be a debate.

This. This. This. ☝️

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Don't disagree with the logic (and I don't think he's as bad a defender as ppl here are saying), but I would hope we can get back someone to slot into the starting lineup if we're shipping out a borderline all-star guard.  Add Prince in and a pick or two and I'm not as mad about it.  God knows we need depth at PF.

Prince was a dang good defender here before.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

To echo what @thecampster said: Quin wants a different roster. There's simply no other way to say it. They want to get taller, heavier and flat out more physical as an entire team. This isn't the case of just swapping one guy for another. Quin believes Trae is such a dynamic offensive engine he can simply elevate players who are good on defense/iffy on offense to at least be good enough to win with because of the Trae effect.

The team wants real size and length back in any trade. I think they would ideally want to move Jalen to SF where he can flat out bully ball 70% of the SFs in the NBA if not more while also with his 40% or so 3pt shooting still provide spacing.

Well then I would have to say that Quinn gets it.

Build this thing like the Bad Boy Pistons and surround Zeke, I mean Trae, with size, physicality, and toughness, and let Trae go to work.

We are already seeing him transform in to a scrappy and timely defensive playmaker despite his size.

As long as these big dudes can hit an outside shot, we will be just fine. JJ unlocks this whole thing. He has the playmaking ability that we can put on the court with Trae and not lose anything. Trae and the goons, I love it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

21-5-4rebs and 45% shooting is essentially what Joe Johnson averaged as the best player and an All Star of those Hawks teams.

So yeah, I would say DJM is a star based on his production. Any other market and this wouldn’t be a debate.

You guys are looking at numbers in a vacuum, forget that Joe played in a completely different era pre GS warrior revolution and that he was putting up those numbers for a fourth seed team instead of a 9th seed team, etc. forget all that. How many All Star games did Joe make as a Hawk his first two seasons. How good was he defensively vs Murray?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

You guys are looking at numbers in a vacuum, forget that Joe played in a completely different era pre GS warrior revolution and that he was putting up those numbers for a fourth seed team instead of a 9th seed team, etc. forget all that. How many All Star games did Joe make as a Hawk his first two seasons. How good was he defensively vs Murray?

I don’t disagree that the different era played a factor, but Joe had free reign and the ball in his hands as the #1, Murray is doing this not just as the #2 guy, but next to a ball dominant guard that takes a lot of scoring and assist opportunities away from DJ. 
I think the 2 balance out.

Joe was bigger and better on defense, yes.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Say what now? Not sure where you are getting those numbers.

Reaves

Screenshot_20240112_164744_Samsung Internet.jpg

Murray

Screenshot_20240112_164825_Samsung Internet.jpg

Was going off of memory thought Murray's deal started at 30 and went up to 35. Whatever, 12-15 million less, that's still twice the money for Murray, and he hasn't been worth it for us. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Well then I would have to say that Quinn gets it.

Build this thing like the Bad Boy Pistons and surround Zeke, I mean Trae, with size, physicality, and toughness, and let Trae go to work.

We are already seeing him transform in to a scrappy and timely defensive playmaker despite his size.

As long as these big dudes can hit an outside shot, we will be just fine. JJ unlocks this whole thing. He has the playmaking ability that we can put on the court with Trae and not lose anything. Trae and the goons, I love it.

image.gif

I am going to keep posting this GIF, until it becomes true.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

I don’t disagree that the different era played a factor, but Joe had free reign and the ball in his hands as the #1, Murray is doing this not just as the #2 guy, but next to a ball dominant guard that takes a lot of scoring and assist opportunities away from DJ. 
I think the 2 balance out.

Joe was bigger and better on defense, yes.

Considering he is a much better passer and better scorer than DJ, that makes sense. I'm sure as a number 1 option with the ball in his hands DJ could put up All Star numbers, but he can't do that here in Atlanta, and he probably can't do that anywhere on any team with playoff aspirations. As a number two option he is what he has been here, which is not worth 26-30 million, definitely not to us. No brainer trading him barring significant other changes to our roster. A player like Reaves in a super value deal is as good as we are gonna get whether you guys like it or not.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

CJ McCollum put up 24/5/6 in his first year at NOP.  Do you guys believe he is an all-star level player?  Did he get snubbed?  Is he a "star"?  Not everyone is a "star".  The word loses it's meaning when you start using it for guys who don't even make all-star games.  DJ is an above average starter, which is a high compliment given how much talent there is in the NBA.

Just now, LucastheThird said:

Whatever label you want to give DJM, nobody can deny that Austin Reeves is not on that level. Any return package that has Reeves as the centerpiece is a major loss of talent. 

We aren't even sure his numbers are real outside the Lebron-cloud.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That's wild, Jazzfanz said that they want a 1st just to take on your fan contract

That's bad intel, bro.  I'm untradeable.  You'll never get full value.  We tryna trade you since you past your prime. 🤫

Just now, bird_dirt said:

I wouldn’t even think about trading either one of you. #WLOC

Supes demanded a trade like 4 seasons ago.  Honor his wishes, BD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3