• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

They won't do this but I would honestly ask the Spurs about a Trae trade instead of DJM trade. Get all our picks back plus some of the ones they own. Do a true rebuild with JJ sticking on the team. 

Again, this isn't going to happen but it is what I would do. We've had six seasons to build a team around Trae and between Ressler's interference in basketball operations and refusal to pay the luxury tax look at what we have to show for it. 

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am still not sure why we didn't at least top 3 protect all those picks. Idiotic behavior by our ownership group who wanted another star around Trae to appease him

Looks like Traes still bought in, but maybe yall are hearing otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tired of talking hypothetical trades.. I hope tomorrow or today 80% of this team is different players

There are players that are playing unmotivated due to the rumors. Only fresh blood can right this ship.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Time for real talk.

First of all, I know that some of us wants to trade Trae and on paper, that would be the best option, but we have to remember that Hawks is fighting for fans within the city regardless of what we say, he brings fans to the games (bottom line I know).  Right now, he is producing 28/11 per night, who do you think will replace those numbers?  I know that he gets on our nerves with his deep shooting and other stuff, but him and JJ (maybe OO, Bogi, and Murray) is trying to understand that system and win with it (It took two years for Bud system to show results, right now we are in year 1and close to half).

Everybody makes mistakes and the ownership made alot of them, nobody is going to do the right thing when it comes down to building a team.  I believe that this experience has shown them that if they have to be all-in and do what you have to do to win in this league or find somebody else that will (btw, this team is not going anywhere because Seattle will have a team soon).

At the end of the day, this team does not work, and changes needs to happen up and down this roster, but I have faith that it will turn around.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

They won't do this but I would honestly ask the Spurs about a Trae trade instead of DJM trade. Get all our picks back plus some of the ones they own. Do a true rebuild with JJ sticking on the team. 

Again, this isn't going to happen but it is what I would do. We've had six seasons to build a team around Trae and between Ressler's interference in basketball operations and refusal to pay the luxury tax look at what we have to show for it. 

Never say never. Trae’s camp would be interested in the spurs. It certainly not completely off the table in the summer tho unlikely 

• Like 1

Do y'all really think Popovich likes players like Trae??? 

O mos def wanna trade Trae but....

Pop would not tolerate those stupid logo 3s and Trae's horrendous shot selection lol

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Do y'all really think Popovich likes players like Trae??? 

O mos def wanna trade Trae but....

Pop would not tolerate those stupid logo 3s and Trae's horrendous shot selection lol

Yeah if he didnt sign a 5 year extension Id have hopes for this but I cannot imagine Pop would want Trae, and I think its been reported he doesnt like Trae iirc?  Didnt he not want him on some natl team and talk bad abt Trae and his game or something?

• Like 2

Rare coverage by The Athletic (it''s Hollinger but he is not wrong)

Atlanta Hawks have hit bottom, but can their season be saved? - The Athletic

Atlanta Hawks have hit bottom, but can their season be saved?

ATLANTA — Washington 127, Atlanta 99.

Yikes. The Hawks have hit rock bottom … right? Right?!

Well, things can always get worse, but if this isn’t the exact bottom, the Hawks can certainly see it from there.

Coming off a moribund home loss to the Indiana Pacers on Friday that theoretically should have served as motivation, the Hawks were outworked, outexecuted, outcoached and outplayed on every level on Saturday against the lowly Wizards.

That this happened on their home court, against a Washington team that visited State Farm Arena with a 6-31 record and whose minus-10.4 points per game scoring margin was among the worst in NBA history, was an embarrassment for a team that is theoretically in “win-now” mode. So much for that: The Hawks are 15-23 and in 11th place in the Eastern Conference. If the season ended today, they wouldn’t make the Play-In Tournament.

Atlanta didn’t have injuries to blame either: Seven of its top eight players were available Saturday, above par at this time of season in the NBA. The Hawks could only point fingers at the limitations of the roster and the inability of the coach and front office to cure them thus far.

Before we go further, I will make the glass-half-full point that the Hawks have been in similar straights before. Indeed, it’s practically an annual event on the local calendar, a peach-flavored basketball Festivus.

Most notably, they were 14-20 when they replaced Lloyd Pierce with Nate McMillan in March 2021, a season that ended with a trip to the Eastern Conference finals. They were 17-25 in 2021-22 before turning on the jets to win 45 games and beat Charlotte in the Play-In. And they were 29-30 last season when they replaced MacMillan with Quin Snyder, recovering enough to beat the eventual East champion Miami Heat on the road in the Play-In and take two games from the Boston Celtics in the first round of the playoffs.

“Although our record is ass right now, we can be a lot better,” Trae Young said after the game. “This is a process, and I’m not worried.”

Perhaps that history is giving the Hawks a false sense of security because this weekend sure seems like a good time to worry.

For those who didn’t watch, it’s hard to put into words how utterly lifeless the Hawks looked this weekend. Needing to grab some wins in a five-game homestand against less-than-imposing opposition, the Hawks instead were pounded 126-108 by a Tyrese Haliburton-less Pacers team on Friday and routed on Saturday by the aforementioned Wizards.

The least bad move for the Hawks from this point would probably be to pivot to a soft tanking that generates a relatively high pick in the 2024 draft (they still have that pick), which could yield either young talent (although this draft isn’t well-regarded) or a trade chip.

Otherwise, the pressure is on the front office of Landry Fields to remake this team, and on Snyder to shape it into something better than what we’ve seen thus far.

< more at link >

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sothron said:

lol Trae and Pop....

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Time to change it up … need D … need chemistry…

Yep

I never liked the Trae Murray duo, but CC and Bey starting might be the biggest problem we have right now..

Bey cant guard a lawn chair and CC is washed.. Both should be backups in the NBA..

Add in Murray not being able to guard 2's,  Bey going ice cold shooting the ball, Clint horrible offensive game, and Trae up and down shooting and turnovers per usual, and this is what you get...

No clue why Red Glasses wont try a different starting 5..

I swear we're tanking.. lol

Edited by terrell

Here’s a combination of a few different rumors we’ve been tied to.  I’d pull the trigger. Then maybe something like capela for grimes + filler.

ATL: Siakam, 2026 swap and 2027 picks back from San Antonio

SAS: DJM

TOR: Hunter, McDermott, ‘24 FRP (TOR via SAS) and ‘24 FRP (SAC via ATL)

trae / grimes / jj / Siakam / oo 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm more interested in the players that AREN'T bought in though. 

Wonder who they are? I have 3 

If Trae wants to be here we don’t need to stupidly send him away. So I hope he keeps this “high hopes” attitude.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Here’s a combination of a few different rumors we’ve been tied to.  I’d pull the trigger. Then maybe something like capela for grimes + filler.

ATL: Siakam, 2026 swap and 2027 picks back from San Antonio

SAS: DJM

TOR: Hunter, McDermott, ‘24 FRP (TOR via SAS) and ‘24 FRP (SAC via ATL)

trae / grimes / jj / Siakam / oo 

Looks Awesome and I wish it's possible.....but I think it's a pipe dream thinking we will get our two unprotected picks back.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Looks Awesome and I wish it's possible.....but I think it's a pipe dream thinking we will get our two unprotected picks back.

I’m assuming 2025 isnt coming back. You may be right tho, and I’m too optimistic thinking we could get the swap and ‘27 pick back (2/3 ain’t bad?) 

• Like 1

Trae stans try to make two different things happen at the same time:

1. Trae be the dominant scorer averaging around 30 points a game.

2. Get him help.

What does help mean? Stand around while Trae scores 30 points and the offense is kept running inefficiently?  The turnovers, lack of defense, hustle,  whining to the refs anytime somebody breathes on him?  Stand around and play defense for Trae, get rebounds and feed it to Trae?

Real help doesn't do that.  The Hawks have a talented roster NOW.  No coach or player is the right coach or player as long as Trae has carte blanch from ownership to be who he is.  The players are not gonna speak out.  Evidently Quin took the money and is gonna go the status quo route.  The city, media, etc. don't hold Atlanta teams accountable like Philadelphia, Boston, and other cities where the fans and media will call out the mess.  It don't happen in Atlanta.  

barack-obama-what.gif

• Like 1