• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

57 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trade value plummeting by the minute...

The dm has been known about for months. Teams have known about his request for weeks. Teams also know about how he acts on social media. This has no bearing on his value just something coming to the public now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Until we complete the trade, Hawks have a #1 PG and a #2 PG.  Start Trae. When he comes out, insert Murray.  Rotate the two.  Quit having both of them on the floor at the same time.

This is a simple solution.  Hawks have other players who can play the 2-guard position.  Use them.  No point in having a problem when it's so easy to solve said problem.  Murray is unhappy when he's not playing PG.  Fine.  Now he can be happy.

:smug:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

What makes me scratch my head is that he knew Trae was here when he enthusiastically embraced the trade here and then he resigned for four years instead of becoming an UFA.  That is knowingly buying into the situation where you are the team’s shooting guard.  To now hear he was already frustrated not playing PG when he signed the sub-market extension is a real head scratcher.

It is like buying a compact car and then complaining because you can’t see past the SUV in front of you.  That was a given when you bought the car right?

Couldn’t have said it better myself. He’s certainly showing his true colors. Very sad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I would honestly keep him a healthy scratch if he's going the Vince Carter route. We can't risk him getting hurt before we trade him. Losing games this season only increases the value of our lottery pick in the draft.

That's against the Player Participation rules now, right?

image.png.3a9ef29d63d10053fbbb7af7a4e3458d.png

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Until we complete the trade, Hawks have a #1 PG and a #2 PG.  Start Trae. When he comes out, insert Murray.  Rotate the two.  Quit having both of them on the floor at the same time.

This is a simple solution.  Hawks have other players who can play the 2-guard position.  Use them.  No point in having a problem when it's so easy to solve said problem.  Murray is unhappy when he's not playing PG.  Fine.  Now he can be happy.

:smug:

We already do this with Trae and DJ . . . until recently.

I think there are 2 problems that are occurring here

(1) Before Christmas, non-Trae minutes were pretty bad with DJ being the point.  The 2nd unit with DJ was routinely giving up leads or having deficits increase while Trae was off the floor.  Then Trae would come in and everything would be OK again.  Then when Trae and DJ would close games, DJ would be reduced to a spot up shooter, unless he initiated the offense.  But when he initiated offense, he's almost always looking for his own shot . . and not shooting/facilitating.

With Trae out and DJ running the entire show, we've seen him have an opportunity to do both scoring and facilitating.  It's still led to losses, but he had a chance to do both.

(2) Bogi has the flashing green light to shoot the ball, which means that even if DJ is in the game at point, he's not running the offense.  The offense is relegated to Bogi taking any shot he wants.  And sometimes, it's Bogi initiating the offense and not DJ.

And recently, Quin has opted to put another guard on the floor alongside Murray. Whether it's Forrest or Mills, they have played alongside DJ on the 2nd unit, and has shared some of the ball handling responsibilities.

I personally think that if Murray had the green light to be the shooter/scorer that Bogi has right now, he'd have no problem with his role on offense.

The crazy thing is that Murray is having a career year, but still isn't happy.  Does he think that he should be the #1 offensive option on the team?  If so, that's his beef.

• Like 3

In interviews up until a week ago he was all about this team and performing the best he could for his teammates - at least that it was he was saying on the broadcasts. 

He is not only hurting the Hawks with this, he is tarnishing his own (formerly) stellar reputation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

In interviews up until a week ago he was all about this team and performing the best he could for his teammates - at least that it was he was saying on the broadcasts. 

He is not only hurting the Hawks with this, he is tarnishing his own (formerly) stellar reputation.

Klutch must be telling him a trade might not happen. No way he would be acting up if a trade was sure to take place. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I can confirm that's a real DM from DJM. I believe he and Klutch are now starting the "Vince Carter" plan to force the Hawks to trade him.

Sounds like a Trae problem, especially if he’s asking to talk to the players and see if anyone is happy. Snyder wasn’t our coach for most of last year, so it doesn’t seem like it is all at him.

For the record, I’m not pointing fingers at Trae for all of this. I know you have mentioned there is a reason that he signed his extension, but as @AHF recently mentioned, this whole thing just doesn’t make sense.

15 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

Was it the Miami game when he was asked those questions.  What’d he say?“He’s a Hawk” and “I’m going to keep it professional”.   Not very professional being seen arguing with the head coach.  Especially if it’s a warranted azz chewing from (allegedly) going rogue.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Sounds like a Trae problem, especially if he’s asking to talk to the players and see if anyone is happy. Snyder wasn’t our coach for most of last year, so it doesn’t seem like it is all at him.

For the record, I’m not pointing fingers at Trae for all of this. I know you have mentioned there is a reason that he signed his extension, but as @AHF recently mentioned, this whole thing just doesn’t make sense.

I’m not sure what you mean by Trae problem.  Not much has changed with Trae other than him being more active on defense.  Are you seeing something else he is doing differently or do you mean that Dejounte might have developed a resentment towards Trae being the primary point or something else?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Chrimturn said:

Welp, that just about settles it then. Looks like we’re just going to have to take matters into our own hands now.

Gonna have to break up in groups.  Cover some ground.  Start selling chocolate bars and raffle tickets door to door for a dollar…now til the end of the season.  Collect the earnings and make a loyal contribution to the cause.  :mail1: 

🤔 Could take a page out of the “Save Ferris” handbook.  Take empty jars with us to work.  Set ‘em on a table and prop up a sign that says “Save the Hawks”.  :gum:

Lmao...I'm in. But first...the Resslers need this :

IMB_20200613070019_D23I.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

We will officially have the dumbest front office in the league if we give in now. Part of being a general manager is actually managing the personalities and egos on the team. Murray for all the valid criticisms anyone can make is still our second best player and trading him for scraps only makes us worse. How hard is it to have a conversation with him and try to make some changes to pacify him at least for the rest of the season. A 2029 pick has next to no value for us. The hypothetical trade we'd need to make to bring in a quality player would need picks paired with a player like Murray.

The only way Murray is gonna be happy at this point is if he gets the ball more. On a team with Trae young (one of the best point guards in the league) where we are already doing the point guard stagger, that is literally impossible. Unless you want to give more decision making to DJ, which you shouldn’t because we shouldn’t take the ball out of our best playmaker’s hands. We would have to change the offensive philosophy of Quin which we shouldn’t because it seems like Trae and every is bought in except DJ who doesn’t like it. We’re not gonna change how a coach coaches because of Dejounte Murray cries about his touches.

Do people not realize the way that Dejounte is acting right now, he’s already lowering his trade value. He’s acting like he’s uncoachable arguing with Quin in games now. He doesn’t care, he’s just ready to go at this point. You can’t just wait for the season to be over, YOU HAVE TO GET HIM OFF NOW. This isn’t me agenda posting, it literally makes zero sense to have a dude who clearly doesn’t want to be here past the deadline.

At this point we just gotta take whatever offer we can get because Dejounte being a malcontent is doing a great job of lowering his trade value. It’s the reason why I want to just do the lakers deal because it’s the fastest way to get this thing over with. Zero reason to let this simmer for the whole season

Edited by givemesome1ce1