• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks looking to trade

Vol4ever

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then we are throwing in OO too???

I haven't heard OO tied to Murray. Atlanta and NO been talking for awhile. Since last year but they are way too far off. Atlanta recently asked for CJ for Clint and Mills + filler and NO declined. They just aren't close.

The only team that was close to Atlanta asking price is Minnesota. That's it. No one else is close and we aren't close to NO asking price. Everyone wants to win a deal. What happen to equal for equal deals we saw in the 90s. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

With KGs permission I’d like to aggregate some posters into a trade today

Granted!  I'll send you a list at 2:59pm.  Some names may surprise you but we'll have to add some sweetener to get hotSupes outta here. 

🙂

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

The only positive I heard between Atlanta and NO is Atlanta has the best Zion deal but NO doesn't like any of the returns for Zion. So even the positive ain't super positive. At the end of the day, the Pels aren't in too much trouble till 2025. That's when they have to make tough decisions. You get serious offers when teams have to make tough decisions. 

💯  This is exactly why holding out for KAT makes sense.  NO has no cap pressure at all right now, would be surprised to see anything substantial

• Like 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

We've seen a few of those recently.  They just don't involve the Hawks. 

Like what, I haven't seen one of those deals in awhile. Just rental asset for future draft asset or draft asset for asset. I am talking equal for equal. Same tier players, not contract based, etc.

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Like what, I haven't seen one of those deals in awhile. Just rental asset for future draft asset or draft asset for asset. I am talking equal for equal. Same tier players, not contract based, etc.

OG for RJ/Quickley.  Although I think the Knicks won that trade it was still fairly even.

There were some last year i felt.  i'll look them up for kicks.   Sabonis for Hali springs to mind but i don't remember all the details of that one. 

Maybe the insiders know, but I just don't see Murray and OO moving on the same deal without the likes of Zion or Ingram who I don't think they would move for either of these assets. The build up is great.  But I don't see NO as viable without inclusion of the former or latter player.

I hear a lot of "wait till the summer," and I think I'm resigned to that. Until then...I'll wait for more smoke around the Hawks 

IMB_20220720030658_qcUD.gif

• Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

Everyone prepare for the semi-annual "We like our squad, we have a great group of guys here, they're all bought in.  We think we can win, so WE'RE STANDING PAT!"

No.  Unfortunately i'm prepared for the 'this deal is about the future' talk when we deal DJ for a bench player and a first. 

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Everyone prepare for the semi-annual "We like our squad, we have a great group of guys here, they're all bought in.  We think we can win, so WE'RE STANDING PAT!"

"We like our group"

Well good.. like them until you're fired

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Do they even need to make a speech about imaginary deals?

That's like me calling up and apologizing to Megan Good for what I said to her after our sexcapade last night. 

I was dreaming... It never happened!!!!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

OG for RJ/Quickley.  Although I think the Knicks won that trade it was still fairly even.

There were some last year i felt.  i'll look them up for kicks.   Sabonis for Hali springs to mind but i don't remember all the details of that one. 

OG had significantly highly market place value. His contract status and being picky about future destination gave NY an in

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No.  Unfortunately i'm prepared for the 'this deal is about the future' talk when we deal DJ for a bench player and a first. 

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

"We like our group"

Well good.. like them until you're fired

But this is the M.O. every trade deadline though - moves around the periphery like Rondo/Lou,  Bey for 2nds, etc.  Not any big deals, those usually occur in the offseason.

• Like 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I'm prepared for it and kind of welcome it given the structure of deals that have been leaked as being discussed.  I'm fully on board with trying to do a big trade in the summer that bring back one or more actual players to make the team better for next year.  Whether that is a direct trade (example: DJM + assets for KAT) or indirect (example:  trade DJM for picks and filler and trade the picks and filler plus whatever for KAT) doesn't matter.  What matters is going from how we are aligned today to start next season and our new alignment to start next season after that deal or series of deals.  Trade deadline deals unfortunately don't seem to offer a path to where we need to be to start next season.

• Like 2