• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Perhaps QS is thinking long term.

Tank and get two first round picks in 24 before making a miraculous turnaround in 25 to win the title..

Other than that, he isnt very impressive...

Bogi and OO were  + 32.

So of course he plays the starters. 😢

Some people laughed when I said that he'd do nothing with Hawks. He did nothing with Jazz and he'll do nothing with Hawks. Nate brought this team to conference finals with Trae playing with one arm and Bogi playing on one leg

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Our defense in tonight's game deserve credit. We just blew too many free throws. 

Agreed here. We missed free throws and bricked 3s. Simple as that.

It's hard to win with a -8 3pm differential shooting 58% from the line.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

A draft pick they’re gonna f@&k up royally no question.

Hawks had 2 instant impact players with size staring them in the face on draft night.  Jaime Jaquez Jr is only leading the entire NBA in fourth quarter minutes for a team 5 games over .500 and here is where Brandin Podziemski ranks in the Warriors’ on/off:

IMG_1839.thumb.jpeg.bfed9d563dc5e6184843d72a5e09bebd.jpeg

Hawks said nah give us a guard with no size who we know isn’t gonna play.  Brilliance.

I remember a poster who was high af on getting Podz all draft season. Of course, we didn't do it tho. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Blow it up at this point.  The fellas are playing with no heart.

Can't wait to watch game 20 next year when the Hawks superstar. Kobe Bufkin is scoring 20ppg with star OO on the worst team in the NBA with our pick going to San Antonio. 

Can Tony Ressler fire himself 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks just play bad basketball.  No ball movement.  Both guards taking turns pounding the ball.  No efficient 3 point shooters outside of Bogi.  No defense.  The list just goes on and on.

Death lineup

Dre is useless

So many awful opinions have been said this year on this site. It's tragic. 

When we actually lose Dre, this team sinks more than it ever has. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dre haters consortium, what's the Hawks record without Dre this season?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=atlanta+hawks+record+without+de'andre+hunter+2023-2024

3-8 without Deandre Hunter this season.

3-6 in the last 9 games Deandre Hunter played this season.

I guess it's better but not the monumental difference you are making it out to be. We have been on a downslide in general.

• Like 1

It's like I am always right. 

I told know it alls that this team ain't gonna win without Dre. 

But but Supes, PER, look at BPM, +/-, etc. I'm the one that put this site on any metrics heavy, you don't think I know what the hell each one of them are and what they mean mathematically as well?

Bro, the reason why Dre is vital is elite defensive versatility from a big wing is more freaking valuable than paint and rim protection from a 5. When you don't have it, you easily notice it. We won 3 games without Dre. All three, we scored 128+ and lit the bitch up. When we been scoring our average or less, we lose every single game. But but, what about our death lineup, Supes. Some of you guys have become so deluded in your own bullshit. You can't see what I see. I don't mean to be disrespectful when I say I see the game much better than you do. I know more about this game than you can conceive. It's hard to accept it but it's a fact. I don't say shit just to say it if I am providing analysis. 

This team isn't built like it was under Nate. Nate did some string pulling. This team is now playing like a normal modern team and they look like shit for it. 

3 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

3-8 without Deandre Hunter this season.

3-6 in the last 9 games Deandre Hunter played this season.

I guess it's better but not the monumental difference you are making it out to be. We have been on a downslide in general.

The games we lost with Dre were teams that were flat out better than us in the last 9 of Dre. We beat the teams we were suppose to beat. We can only beat right now if we out shoot them. Good luck with that strategy. Have fun making excuses for these clowns.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The games we lost with Dre were teams that were flat out better than us in the last 9 of Dre. We beat the teams we were suppose to beat. We can only beat right now if we out shoot them. Good luck with that strategy. Have fun making excuses for these clowns.

Why are you bragging about us losing when Hunter is out when he's ALWAYS out? It's not like theres anything we can do about that. He's been out for ~1/3rd of the season so far. That is typical for him at this point.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

Why are you bragging about us losing when Hunter is out when he's ALWAYS out? It's not like theres anything we can do about that. He's been out for ~1/3rd of the season so far. That is typical for him at this point.

Exactly...

Our record is bad with Dre because he's always out... and he takes up a lot of our salary.   So we have to play a 38 year old man not named Lebron who offers nothing. 

I agree with Supes, when Dre gets back, we will be better.   The question is.. when is Dre coming back?

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Why are you bragging about us losing when Hunter is out when he's ALWAYS out? It's not like theres anything we can do about that. 

Always out? Hating post. 

You mean, this season:

Because it shows what I told you was going to happen is happening. 

You should listen to me and stop thinking I am leading you astray 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Exactly...

Our record is bad with Dre because he's always out... and he takes up a lot of our salary.   So we have to play a 38 year old man not named Lebron who offers nothing. 

I agree with Supes, when Dre gets back, we will be better.   The question is.. when is Dre coming back?

Dre salary isn't even taking up much of the cap. You got many teams with dead weight making as much as Dre and it doesn't seem to effect their team. Why can ya'll just admit you are wrong

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Always out? Hating post. 

You mean, this season:

Because it shows what I told you was going to happen is happening. 

You should listen to me and stop thinking I am leading you astray 

He has missed ~32% of the regular season games in his career, and ~45% of the playoff games. I consider that to be "always out"....basically the same amount as Kawhi. 

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dre salary isn't even taking up much of the cap. You got many teams with dead weight making as much as Dre and it doesn't seem to effect their team. Why can ya'll just admit you are wrong

("We can't win without Hunter") + (Hunter misses ~1/3rd of his games every season since his rookie year) = Hunter is responsible for many losses per year due to his unavailability

Does this math make sense to you @NBASupes?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Fair enough, you're right, that was a tough stretch, not apples to apples.

image.png

3 hours ago, Diesel said:

First.. they took 3 points off of our score for no reason...  Then Siddiq hit a three and it was a three.. and they only gave us 2.

We were cheated and I have the proof!!

image.png

image.png

Then Siddiq hits a 3 point shot!!!

image.png

The score should have been 69 - 62.....  but it was left at 65-62 after they checked to see if it was a three.

This is what the Yahoo sports play by play said

image.png.7f0f3c933bfa241278588bdc6c19f5c8.png

image.png.1d05740b461af996dba7b1a0818d8a5b.png

image.png.d49ae3662b22b504d82d6dcd486326fc.png

Here's what ESPN play by play said

image.thumb.png.aa39fbc8618635bfa387313f4b76c1ee.png

Verdict:  This was a Bally's mistake. They can't count.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Dre haters consortium, what's the Hawks record without Dre this season?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=atlanta+hawks+record+without+de'andre+hunter+2023-2024

The Hawks need 12 healthy . . . .

. . . in order to trade him for a better fitting and more available player.

The narrative doesn't change.

• Thanks 1