• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Magic (6 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

35 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

("We can't win without Hunter") + (Hunter misses ~1/3rd of his games every season since his rookie year) = Hunter is responsible for many losses per year due to his unavailability

Does this math make sense to you @NBASupes?

I never said under Nate scheme and Nate we couldn't win without Hunter. All I said is Dre is way more valuable than you think when Nate was here. 

With Quin, we flat out can't win without Dre. Our only chance is to light the house on fire to win without him. I saw that before he was ever hurt. We play a modern style now, it's obvious at what we are after the first 10 games. 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hawks need 12 healthy . . . .

. . . in order to trade him for a better fitting and more available player.

The narrative doesn't change.

Your narrative has always been terrible 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dre salary isn't even taking up much of the cap. You got many teams with dead weight making as much as Dre and it doesn't seem to effect their team. Why can ya'll just admit you are wrong

Dude, you are dying on the hill.   Stop.

image.png

His availability is as follows.

• 2019-2020 = 94%
  • 2020-2021 = 32%
  • 2021-2022 = 65%
  • 2022-2023 = 82%
  • 2023-2024 = 71%

This is not good.  On top of that...  He's making 20 Million dollars this year.  Might not seem like much...but it can afford better players than Matthews and Mathews.  When on the average, you miss about 25% of the games that you could play... It leaves the team looking for help at the bottom of the barrell. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Fair enough, you're right, that was a tough stretch, not apples to apples.

image.png

But does that make a difference? 
If the only games we won with Dre are against the crappiest teams that we should be beating anyway, how does that improve the narrative that Dre raises our play significantly? It doesn’t. 
Now, if the three games we won WITH Dre were actually against good teams like, for example, OKC, then Supes may have a point. 
Oh, wait…🤔

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I never said under Nate scheme and Nate we couldn't win without Hunter. All I said is Dre is way more valuable than you think when Nate was here. 

With Quin, we flat out can't win without Dre. Our only chance is to light the house on fire to win without him. I saw that before he was ever hurt. We play a modern style now, it's obvious at what we are after the first 10 games. 

Your narrative has always been terrible 

[ ]

88.9% of the fan base agrees with me about 12.  We have overwhelming evidence of his non impact on this team.  It is time to move on from him, and either replace him or let someone else try to have an impact.

Without Dre, we're a D+ team these days.  With Dre, we're a C-

• record without 12 ( 3 - 8 )
  • record if 12 played in those games ( 4 - 7 ) . . . we probably win tonight if we had him

It's a moot point anyway.  He may or may not be back next week.  Time to move on from that dude.

Just finished watching the game. Not really mad at this loss so much I thought we played fairly well and hustled for the most part. I thought DJ looked sharp and focused for the most part, he was more aggressive than usual.

Trae played pretty well and got a lot of calls which will work in our favor moving forward. 

OO played a clean game and had a lot of rejection ala the 2021 late season playoff OO. Good to see that.

Another loss but again, this one was against a team playing pretty well thus far and it was on the road.

Let’s take care of Philly at home on Wednesday!

Thanks lw3 as always! 

Go Hawks!!!

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Can you guys not make this personal? We're all fans of the same team here. It is okay to disagree about how you see a player's value but it feels like both of you have made this more personal than about the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Phunkabilly said:

I can't tell if having a message board villain is annoying or entertaining...

annoying and frankly beneath everyone here. we're all adults watching other adults play a kid's game for millions of dollars. Perspective, please. We're all just fans here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Dre haters consortium, what's the Hawks record without Dre this season?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=atlanta+hawks+record+without+de'andre+hunter+2023-2024

Imaginr CC was our only center and he was hurt a bunch.  Guess what our record would be like without him?  Dumb call not to add another wing defender this offseason to  a roster where your only wing defender gets hurt a lot.

Color me just shocked that thr Hawks lose more often this season without their only starting wing.  He isn’t available to play.  Thus we have no wing defenders and who plays instead?  Absolute garbage replacements in the Mat(t)hews.  

That failure to even play seems like more of a negative on Hunter to me than a positive but I guess if not being healthy is a good thing he is having a great run right now and we should all applaud his contributions to the team during this stretch. 

We need Dre.  He is out only wing defender on the roster.  If we trade him, we need a wing defender coming back or we will have a big hole on the team.  When you are single spooled at a role and the replacements are not NBA backup caliber players you will suffer when someone is out.  

If we want to win games we need him back ASAP.  If we trade him we need value back.  He is too key of a role on this team and it’s payroll to ever think we could just have him go out and not feel it.  That makes him a key player regardless of how he performs relative to hopes and expectations like Tyrone Corbin was a key player for the Hawks years ago even though he was well below an average starter.  (Dre is better than Corbin was - when he shows up to actually play),

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished watching the game. Not really mad at this loss so much I thought we played fairly well and hustled for the most part. I thought DJ looked sharp and focused for the most part, he was more aggressive than usual.

Trae played pretty well and got a lot of calls which will work in our favor moving forward. 

OO played a clean game and had a lot of rejection ala the 2021 late season playoff OO. Good to see that.

Another loss but again, this one was against a team playing pretty well thus far and it was on the road.

Let’s take care of Philly at home on Wednesday!

Thanks, lw3, as always! 

Go Hawks!!!

Spud:  Hawks lost the entire game because they attempted 29 free throws and made 17 of them.  That's 12 points.  Just think.  If the Hawks had made only one more free throw in regulation, they win!  

:ahf:

On a side note to Spud:  GO LIONS !!

• Sad 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

But does that make a difference? 
If the only games we won with Dre are against the crappiest teams that we should be beating anyway, how does that improve the narrative that Dre raises our play significantly? It doesn’t. 
Now, if the three games we won WITH Dre were actually against good teams like, for example, OKC, then Supes may have a point. 
Oh, wait…🤔

Dre and the Hawks had nothing to do with the win over OKC.    OKC lost that game, ATL didn't win it.   ATL won by being so bad that OKC completely overlooked them after playing a massive game in Boston the night before and then having everyone in the media throw flowers at them the entire day leading up to the ATL trap game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

On a side note to Spud:  GO LIONS !!

Thanks Gramps we get our old boy Stafford back in the building next Sunday night. Should be fun! 

35 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

29 free throws and made 17 of them

Oh geez I missed that stat. I saw OO give them chick fil a or whatever they get there in Orlando Steak n bake the shake I dunno 😂 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Great battle between Paolo and Trae last night.   Can Jalen Johnson get to Paolo's level of scoring, where he has all of this in his offensive bag?

I don't like Paolo at all.  Never liked his attitude.   But he little boyed JJ last night.   The whole overtime set was Orlando giving him the ball to work.   JJ fouls out trying to keep up with Paolo.   I hope also that JJ has this confidence.   I think JJ has the ability. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't like Paolo at all.  Never liked his attitude.   But he little boyed JJ last night.   The whole overtime set was Orlando giving him the ball to work.   JJ fouls out trying to keep up with Paolo.   I hope also that JJ has this confidence.   I think JJ has the ability. 

Nah, JJ had 5 fouls.  He did fine vs Paolo all game until then.

Agree on Paolo tho.  I don't like his presence.  He has a Grayson Allen-like demeanor. 

Always look like he smells something stank. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, JJ had 5 fouls.  He did fine vs Paolo all game until then.

Agree on Paolo tho.  I don't like his presence.  He has a Grayson Allen-like demeanor. 

Always look like he smells something stank. 

I had wondered if JJ really fouled out.   Timekeeper or whoever works their score clock was messing up all night. 

• Like 2