• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets Part Deux (3 PM Tip!)

• Moderators

94636200c24e2a79c4dac95a55a4c85c.jpg

“We drew the Hawks again? A’ight, bet. Y’all got this! Me? I got a World of Warcraft date with KAT to get to!”

Ha! So the team that was just beginning to figure out how to suppress opposing offenses below 100 scored a mere 97 themselves the other day. Which would be m’kay, one supposes, if they didn’t cough up 124 to the opponent with a new head coach that couldn’t muster three-digit offense versus all but the (currently) worst teams this league has to offer.

And these two squads meet up again, already, today (3 PM Eastern, Bally Sports Southeast and 92.9 FM in ATL, YES Network in the Bougie Down), you say? Well, scratch my back with a hacksaw.

As a silver lining, Thursday’s latest humbling defeat did give the DeTraector Tabernacle Choir reason to find other things to do to kickstart their weekend. It’s already time, though, to see that thing we like to call “Adjustments”, from Coach Quin’s crack staff.

Literally any schematic alterations that keep our Hawks (26-33) from… still… looking like the most easily solvable defensive outfit (28th in D-Rating by NBA Stats, 30th by bball-ref recipe; NBA-worst 57.6 opponent eFG%, but it was 57.8 pre-Break, so, progress?) in The Association, be it versus Dennis Schröder’s Nets (23-36), Jalen Brunson’s Knicks, Curly Neal’s Globetrotters, or The Jimmy and Kramer’s team at The West Side Y, would be a welcome sight.

And should those Adjustments result in a tables-turning triumph for Dejounte Murray and company at Barclays Center in this afternoon delight? Well, then our national talk-masters and us rabble-rousers on The Internets can get back to indicting, in unison, the one man whose extended injury absence proves our Hawks are objectively better off without him, and The Basketball Club should begin making/taking calls to/from certain Southern California teams coveting his future services.

It goes without saying the no longer mission-critical player to whom I am referring.

But if you insist, of course, he is... the one and only… Onyeka Okongwu.

Let’s Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope this bad Brooklyn team doesn't have another historic shooting night from 3. I also hope that Saddiq will hit some of those wide open 3's like the one he just missed

• Like 1

10 assists ZERO turnovers for Murray.. 

Hawks only 2 turnovers so far as a team? Wow.. lol

Same ole shit to end a qtr.. smh

Edited by terrell