• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets Part Deux (3 PM Tip!)

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Hey at least the defense is better and we don’t have to watch hero ball, right?

Funny thing is we were watching “hero ball” the last 5-7 minutes of the game even with our star out.

hopefully people start to realize this just seems to be the go to plan at the end of games for the hawks.

not to mention very similar issues where there’s a good ball movement in the 1st half then no ball movement 2nd half . …another problem that happens with or without Trae. Traes elite offense helps overcome a lack of ball movement though with great playmaking.

this team is so bad and blame deserves to everywhere 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Everyone needs Trae’s help and when he’s gone…it makes it difficult for everyone. This is what happens. 

Can’t even crack 100 points when it matters without Trae!

shit is sad honestly….if it were for garbage time I don’t think we crack 100 points 

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think this should get rescinded, no? Looks like he got annoyed that DJ didn't want to have a discussion.

Ref should be disciplined for that.  He sought out the interaction, player maintained his cool.  What was the T for even?  'Not talking to me?' 

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Refs missed giving Trae technicals, so they needed to find a new target.

More truth here than there should be.  Ref-venge is alive, well, and continuously shameful. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ouch!!!

This is why I said the Hawks can end up out of the Play In by next week. They're going to have to hold on to that 10th spot for dear life now that they're only two games ahead of Brooklyn. They really couldn't afford to lose the last two games.

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

This why I said the Hawks can end up out of the Play In by next week. They're going to have to hold on to that 10th spot for dear life now that they're only two games ahead of Brooklyn. They really couldn't afford to lose the last two games.

I think Nets are technically only 1 game behind us, since they own the tie breaker.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They all miss Trae's gravity and the attention he receives from other teams defenses. There is a reason teams sell out to stop him.  Hawks have to make up 29 points from Trae.

Without Trae, every other player has more responsibility, more eyes on them from opposing defenses, so they have to level up. Easy to do for a couple games, harder to do over a lengthier stretch when it doesn't come naturally. It's as expected.

The question was always can the defense be good enough to account for the offensive shortfall? :blanky:

No. This stretch of games should get the blame off of Trae for the defense. Him shouldering the blame was totally unfair to him and lets the GM and ownership off the hook for not fielding a better team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Absolutely pitiful to lose these two games against the Nets. Especially looking back a little bit to the three game losing streak against the Bulls, Raptors, and Hornets before we had a couple of wins that we thought could be a boost in morale heading into this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JTB said:

Funny thing is we were watching “hero ball” the last 5-7 minutes of the game even with our star out.

hopefully people start to realize this just seems to be the go to plan at the end of games for the hawks.

not to mention very similar issues where there’s a good ball movement in the 1st half then no ball movement 2nd half . …another problem that happens with or without Trae. Traes elite offense helps overcome a lack of ball movement though with great playmaking.

this team is so bad and blame deserves to everywhere 

This is not a great offense with or without Trae but Trae makes in 100x better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

This is why I said the Hawks can end up out of the Play In by next week. They're going to have to hold on to that 10th spot for dear life now that they're only two games ahead of Brooklyn. They really couldn't afford to lose the last two games.

Missing the Playin is best case scenario...

That would be just more $ for Ressler.. Nothing more.. 

Edited by terrell

23 minutes ago, terrell said:

Missing the Playin is best case scenario...

That would be just more $ for Ressler.. Nothing more.. 

Based on what?

Although I agree with not making Messy Ressly anymore money. 

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Based on what?

Although I agree with not making Messy Ressly anymore money. 

Better lottery odds..............