• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Nets Part Deux (3 PM Tip!)

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nothing in that 'lottery' cures what ails us, mate. 

Well we can use the pick to find a cure...

Better pick can only help us when the season is already toast..

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Well we can use the pick to find a cure...

Better pick can only help us when the season is already toast..

This is a falsehood every fanbase believes ... which leads every fanbase to believe tanking is a strategy. 

Real help isn't coming via our pick(s) so it literally doesn't matter where they land.  Our picks will be throw-ins, at best.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is a falsehood every fanbase believes ... which leads every fanbase to believe tanking is a strategy. 

Real help isn't coming via our pick(s) so it literally doesn't matter where they land.  Our picks will be throw-ins, at best.

Are you watching Edey play? I wouldn't say that watching Edey play. He fits Trae to a T.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Are you watching Edey play? I wouldn't say that watching Edey play. He fits Trae to a T.

We have more problems than any one player can solve.  Thus, it's pointless to rely on the draft to the point where we shld tank on any level. 

39 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We have more problems than any one player can solve.  Thus, it's pointless to rely on the draft to the point where we shld tank on any level. 

I disagree. Most of our problems are due to our offense at the 5. You fix that, you turn this team into one of the best in the NBA. I remember Chicago with Lonzo, with him, they were one of the best in the NBA. Without him, they sucked. They needed a floor general like Lonzo who also could defend his ass off. Without him, their team basically is like us now. Just there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. Most of our problems are due to our offense at the 5. You fix that, you turn this team into one of the best in the NBA. I remember Chicago with Lonzo, with him, they were one of the best in the NBA. Without him, they sucked. They needed a floor general like Lonzo who also could defend his ass off. Without him, their team basically is like us now. Just there. 

I think the Hawks biggest problem is their absolute crap defense. Edey won’t fix that. 

4 minutes ago, Packfill said:

I think the Hawks biggest problem is their absolute crap defense. Edey won’t fix that. 

Defense ain't their biggest problem, as long as Trae is here, it's not gonna be anything to write about. It's offense. I've been saying it for years on here, offense is our biggest issue. We have an on ball offense 60 wins impact guy, there is no reason why we shouldn't be a truly elite offense that's hell on defenses. We can't keep focusing on improving something that got little upside. If our offense is truly elite, guess what is limited? Transition baskets. Guess who is insanely horrible in transition, Trae. Guess what limits transition, picking the ball out of the net. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

I hope this kills the "we're better off without Trae!" complete nonsense we were seeing. 

Not better off, but we are mediocre either way, at least according to the record. Trae gives us more upside on offense if we can get the right pieces though. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Defense ain't their biggest problem, as long as Trae is here, it's not gonna be anything to write about. It's offense. I've been saying it for years on here, offense is our biggest issue. We have an on ball offense 60 wins impact guy, there is no reason why we shouldn't be a truly elite offense that's hell on defenses. We can't keep focusing on improving something that got little upside. If our offense is truly elite, guess what is limited? Transition baskets. Guess who is insanely horrible in transition, Trae. Guess what limits transition, picking the ball out of the net. 

Elite offense alone will not with the Hawks a championship.  They need some guys who can lock in on defense.  Even the Warriors needed guys who could get it done on defense, and the Hawks are a long way from having an offensive machine like that.  

33 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Elite offense alone will not with the Hawks a championship.  They need some guys who can lock in on defense.  Even the Warriors needed guys who could get it done on defense, and the Hawks are a long way from having an offensive machine like that.  

It will give us the best chance. We aren't the Warriors, we aren't going to win like the Warriors. We are going to have to win like the Hawks. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I do think we need more balance, in general.  I expect IND and SAC to be good case studies for how things would progress if we lean heavy into offense-only plans for team building.

Spoiler alert, I don't expect either of them to impress in the postseason. 

• Thanks 2

I missed this one too. Both Nets games. Dang, never missed back to backs since prolly pre illegal satellite cable in 2000. 

Hoping to catch the Knicks.

Go Hawks! 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 7:48 AM, lethalweapon3 said:

if I may,

Polite poet. Despite the venue being his, he still asks. You all (I don’t 🗣️ French) could learn a few things from this classy dude.

Proceed sir 🙇‍♀️ 🫡 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I do think we need more balance, in general.  I expect IND and SAC to be good case studies for how things would progress if we lean heavy into offense-only plans for team building.

Spoiler alert, I don't expect either of them to impress in the postseason. 

You gotta shine at what you do. We aren't shining on offense and we have limited upside defensively. Focus on offense and worry about defense when your offense can't be stopped. We got to master something.