Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We got a good team. 

4-2 Post Trae surgery...

Make the post season and we'll shock the world? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nash said:

Some haters here see every shot that Bogi misses but they don't comment on shit game that max player had. 7 for 21 and 1 for 7, turning the ball over and missing every shot in crunch time lol

Trae is our only Max player

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

4-2 Post Trae surgery...

Gonna be tough without JJ. The Hawks need to call up AJ and Mo G ASAP. There's not much to lose at this point.

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

4-2 Post Trae surgery...

We aren't better without Trae but we are far more consistent because defense is more consistent than offense if you aren't getting shit from your centers which is vital. 

Our defense with Murray plays with an edge. We out Knick the Knicks. When is the last time we did that? When Al and Sap was a pair?

• Like 1

When I continue to say, we are a better defensive team than offensive team, people get mad but we are. Trae makes us an offensive team but he also makes us a bad defensive team. That's why I continue to say, we need to draft an offensive big. Someone that can match Trae's offensive value. That would limit some of Trae's bad decisions, maybe even get Trae to take better shots that help us win more. Elite screens will also free up Trae a lot. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bruneauxxx is our only Max player

Fixed 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When I continue to say, we are a better defensive team than offensive team, people get mad but we are. Trae makes us an offensive team but he also makes us a bad defensive team. That's why I continue to say, we need to draft an offensive big. Someone that can match Trae's offensive value. That would limit some of Trae's bad decisions, maybe even get Trae to take better shots that help us win more. Elite screens will also free up Trae a lot. 

You been saying we need an offensive big for a while but i refuse to agree with you.

Now that Teague said it, though, I'll rock with it. 😁

But no draft picks.  Trade for one.  I ain't got time to wait for some rookie to figure out the league. 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Fixed 

You been saying we need an offensive big for a while but i refuse to agree with you.

Now that Teague said it, though, I'll rock with it. 😁

But no draft picks.  Trade for one.  I ain't got time to wait for some rookie to figure out the league. 

As Jeff said, there is no one available for trade. KAT would be ideal but he ain't available. 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As Jeff said, there is no one available for trade. KAT would be ideal but he ain't available. 

I wouldn't mind renting ol' half-broke down a** Vucevic. 

And, if things go like I expect for MIN, I could see towns being get-able this offseason. 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And, if things go like I expect for MIN, I could see towns being get-able this offseason. 

Vuc would be 100x better than Cap in this system if we could get him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I rather have Edey. I want an off ball stud. Vooch is a better offensive on ball player but getting someone that's relentless in movement with mental acuity can be highly valuable with Trae and Murray. Vooch for sure is someone we should consider but Chicago haven't really been interested in moving him either. 

• Like 1

And furthermore on Garland ...

That dude can't guard a one-legged stool.  Bogi was bodyin' and drivin' past dude at will.

But I don't hear folks say a word about garlands size disadvantage and complete inability to guard.  Atleast Trae gives you 30 and elevates guys like Capela and creates space for literally everybody else.

If Trae has a 15/7  game, we all wonder what happened.  Garland does it and everybody's like, "Eh, sounds about right."

Stahhp with Darius Garland.  Guy can't shine Traes sneakers.

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

And furthermore on Garland ...

That dude can't guard a one-legged stool.  Bogi was bodyin' and drivin' past dude at will.

But I don't hear folks say a word about garlands size disadvantage and complete inability to guard.  Atleast Trae gives you 30 and elevates guys like Capela and creates space for literally everybody else.

If Trae has a 15/7  game, we all wonder what happened.  Garland does it and everybody's like, "Eh, sounds about right."

Stahhp with Darius Garland.  Guy can't shine Traes sneakers.

Garland was always been injury prone. Sadly it's seems like it's worn him out. I tend not to like injury prone college hoopers for this reason. I rather you have injuries in the pros. In college, you barely have enough games 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Garland was always been injury prone. Sadly it's seems like it's worn him out. I tend not to like injury prone college hoopers for this reason. I rather you have injuries in the pros. In college, you barely have enough games 

It's a legit fear for small guards.  Once they start to get run down, there's no coming back from it. 

Knock on wood, we don't have that issue, knock on wood. 

Bigs can hang on, change their game.  There's no plan b for small guards.  CLE is seeing the peak of this group and its an injury fest.  Wonder if Mobley has a problem injury-wise?

Also find it funny CLE has like 4 of the same player.  Windler, Merrill, Wade, Strus may all be the same guy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1