Sarr develops playing 3-4. 

Lundy, the 2. 

2025, Sarr plays 3, Bogi is traded due to age and trade value. BI moves to 2

Trae

BI

Sarr

JJ

OO or Capela 

That gives us an size, length, a defensive beast like Sarr and us switching every damn thing outside of Trae and we need to protect Trae on switches. I hope we can get a true center. Maybe sign Jonas in FA. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Let's say we get Sarr and go for the upside 

The only way I see this working

Trae/Daniels/Forrest

Bogi/Kobe/Lundy

BI/Hunter/Bey

JJ/Gueye/Sarr

Capela or OO/Bruno

Sarr and Lundy play in College Park.

Sarr develops playing 3-4. 

Lundy, the 2. 

2025, Sarr plays 3, Bogi is traded due to age and trade value. BI moves to 2

Trae

BI

Sarr

JJ

OO or Capela 

That gives us an size, length, a defensive beast like Sarr and us switching every damn thing outside of Trae and we need to protect Trae on switches. I hope we can get a true center. Maybe sign Jonas in FA. 

As vehemently as you've been against him, this is a short and long term play.  It's the way good teams do it.  Let's go!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mikey said:

His screens are bad but saying he doesn’t have PNR iq is hilarious. He makes high level reads out the of the short roll in every game. 

He doesn't. His rolls lack patience like OO but at least OO makes contact even if he's always late. Even his flash screens who JC made legendary suck. He just does nothing like a big man. From people I spoke with at OTE, they said he was more perimeter citric. Like everyone says including me, his upside is off the charts if used correctly and well coached. 

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

As vehemently as you've been against him, this is a short and long term play.  It's the way good teams do it.  Let's go!

I am vehemently against him because I don't trust anyone with him because of expectations. If you use him correctly, you shouldn't have any problems. 

When you have a defensive floor as high as Sarr, you want to use it but you quickly realize his offensive floor is terrible and his defensive impact is spotty at best due to a need to physically mature and even then, am I even using him correctly 

Just now, aali34 said:

Nate isn't coaching here anymore

Quin can f*** up Sarr. Everyone can. He's not polished but he's a tremendous defensive player even right now but he has flaws. He's easy to f*** up. I seen all coaches f*** up. AJ Griffin is a prime example. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Quin can f*** up Sarr. Everyone can. He's not polished but he's a tremendous defensive player even right now but he has flaws. He's easy to f*** up. I seen all coaches f*** up. AJ Griffin is a prime example. 

What was the specific issue with Quin and AJ?

41 minutes ago, aali34 said:

We'll have to wait and see, but you've listed your concerns so I'll keep an eye out.

His concerns are not legitimate.  If he plays drop coverage against PNR, he’s going to either block the shot or alter it.  This isn’t Zach Edey who will be consistently beat to the rim.  

Even with Clingan, who is a great drop coverage center, there will be times where he gets run off the floor due to his lack of above average foot speed.  

Sarr is like JJJ, Chet, Wemby….etc.  You can’t run them off the floor.  

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What was the specific issue with Quin and AJ?

The issue is that AJ doesn’t play fast enough for Quin.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm so happy we have the #1 pick and I trust our front office more than any of the couch-scouts on this board, so whoever we end up taking, I'm going to be pumped for next season.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Sarr has no offensive game. I'm not taking him #1.

It's often said that Giannis had similar stats (9.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.0 blocks per game with Filathlitikos), and we all know his remarkable trajectory since then. However, I would prefer they address the Trae/Murray situation before committing to a single player.

Edited by NekiEcko

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Cause that is just what the Hawks need right now... more offense... SMH you people are cluele

Players with no offensive game inevitably end up on the bench, no matter how good their defense is. Look at Matisse Thybulle. 

• Sad 1