• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRAE OR DJ OR BOTH

Spud2nique

Who do we keep and move forward with and why  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/27/2024 at 11:40 PM

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, macdaddy said:

We were 5th in the east.  That's a lot of winning to be a mirage. We had a good year and a great playoff run. 

and it completely ruined the franchise in the process.   That's not even arguable.   Every bad decision that came after that was a direct result of the team trying to build on the "momentum" of going to the ECF and thinking this team was ready to contend.

If you were to list the worst things that ever happened to the Hawks, making it to the ECF several years ahead of schedule is easily near the top of the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deester11 said:

We stayed middling. Period.  There is no way the money given to middling players wasn't going to come back and haunt this team.  It's been the same M.O. for years.  If that's not stat Quo...I don't know what to tell you.  Teams got better..built the right way.  Banking on Murray with a core that was never going to get further was stupid.  Delon wasn't a hawk long and we let him go and sold off shares of players who got you very little for the money you gave out.  Stat damn Quo.

Our record stayed meddling, but they traded a whole lot of draft capital for a top player.  

To me status quo means you aren’t making moves or showing effort. They tried and failed.  Now they are regrouping.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Our record stayed meddling, but they traded a whole lot of draft capital for a top player.  

To me status quo means you aren’t making moves or showing effort. They tried and failed.  Now they are regrouping.  

The point is THE CORE that had proven it would not work further was still in tact.  The vision of short sighted commitment to mid players is the problem. The swing for Murray..OK..I get it, but it's been the same story minus that....i don't consider that anything but window dressing.  And the last time I say..stat quo

21 minutes ago, deester11 said:

The point is THE CORE that had proven it would not work further was still in tact.  The vision of short sighted commitment to mid players is the problem. The swing for Murray..OK..I get it, but it's been the same story minus that....i don't consider that anything but window dressing.  And the last time I say..stat quo

After the ECF run there was an overwhelming sentiment to commit to our core, what you are calling status quo.  

I wanted us to trade Cam, JC, Hunter, and Gallo for guys like Sabonis, Siakam, and Levine.  The dominant opinion was Hawks’ players would be better than those guys.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakes said:

and it completely ruined the franchise in the process.   That's not even arguable.   Every bad decision that came after that was a direct result of the team trying to build on the "momentum" of going to the ECF and thinking this team was ready to contend.

If you were to list the worst things that ever happened to the Hawks, making it to the ECF several years ahead of schedule is easily near the top of the list.

The franchise ain't ruined. They been selling out, 6th highest ticket prices. The franchise is doing better than ever. One of the few teams to make a profit every year since COVID 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The franchise ain't ruined. They been selling out, 6th highest ticket prices. The franchise is doing better than ever. One of the few teams to make a profit every year since COVID 

sorry, but I base success/failure on wins/losses/playoff record.   But, congrats on having the 6th highest ticket prices I guess. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, shakes said:

You say this like we might not have made a similar run of mistakes had we gotten bounced by New York early in the playoffs.  I can certainly envision scenarios where we did a lot of the same things or even made some worse decisions.

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, swanlee said:

How about we just keep both and figure out a way to make it work

My personal view is that there isn't a way to make it work.  Neither player is fit to be a SG.  You could improve their interplay on offense (although 2 years in things don't look promising) but I don't think there is any way to make it work defensively.  They both make the other worse on that end when they play together.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You cannot say this with any confidence whatsoever; all these franchises' financials are private.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

You cannot say this with any confidence whatsoever; all these franchises' financials are private.

I literally posted an article months back that Atlanta has been making a profit for years. I grabbed it from Reddit. 

4 hours ago, Final_quest said:

After the ECF run there was an overwhelming sentiment to commit to our core, what you are calling status quo.  

I wanted us to trade Cam, JC, Hunter, and Gallo for guys like Sabonis, Siakam, and Levine.  The dominant opinion was Hawks’ players would be better than those guys.  

The FO made that determination and fked it all up.  If they are that incompetent not to see what people I know saw, I'd rather they restructure the owner on down. It should have been overwhelmingly easy to see other teams got stronger.  Outrageous. Egregious. Preposterous.IMB_20210108022335_MFso.gif.0e91abfba437b2207fa9c1e1edd33395.gif

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, AHF said:

You say this like we might not have made a similar run of mistakes had we gotten bounced by New York early in the playoffs.  I can certainly envision scenarios where we did a lot of the same things or even made some worse decisions.

I disagree.  I think all those decisions were motivated by the team mistakingly thinking they were a piece away from contending.  And that belief is all based on that ECF run.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The biggest mistake we made was not letting JC walk. 

Or trading him before that was an option. Like how Detroit and Toronto did with Bey and Siakam. 

• Like 1