• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone see the replay on Jones 2nd 4 point play?

PatheticATLfan

Where was the foul??? I honestly don't even think Bibby touched him. I actually thought we had fouled someone off the ball. when i saw Jones stepping to the line to shoot..I lost it! When they showed the replay, Bibby flew by him and reached back but never even touched at least according to my TV. What did you guys think about that???

• Premium Member
Where was the foul??? I honestly don't even think Bibby touched him. I actually thought we had fouled someone off the ball. when i saw Jones stepping to the line to shoot..I lost it! When they showed the replay, Bibby flew by him and reached back but never even touched at least according to my TV. What did you guys think about that???

To be honest, Jones flopped the first time(Solo's foul). I don't know what the refs saw the second time(Bibby's foul) to warrant the 4 point play.

To be honest, Jones flopped the first time(Solo's foul). I don't know what the refs saw the second time(Bibby's foul) to warrant the 4 point play.

LOL It's fixed guys. Can't you see that. We got like 6 fouls in 3 minutes because we were burying them. During that same stretch there was a lead pass down court that haslem caught and took 4 steps before turning and throwing it back. Can't let this series go less than 7. Can't let Wade be ousted in the first round. Can't let a fresh team face Lebron in the second round. Welcome to the NBA the Nobody Believe Anything league.

That was a sad sorry 3 minutes of officiating and some of the best evidence yet of a game being fixed. Bibby had a bloody nose from getting decked by Wade and then got called for an illegal screen seconds later for basically standing back up.

were yall watching the TNT broadcast or the SportsSouth one?

I was watching SS- and while being interviewed @ halftime, josh smith said "well, the game got close right here thanks to the officials, but we just have to put it away again like we did to start"............ i was proud of him for standing up against that b.s., it's worth the fine.

• Premium Member
were yall watching the TNT broadcast or the SportsSouth one?

I was watching SS- and while being interviewed @ halftime, josh smith said "well, the game got close right here thanks to the officials, but we just have to put it away again like we did to start"............ i was proud of him for standing up against that b.s., it's worth the fine.

I'm glad he said that but he has to be careful too. We don't want to draw unnecessary attention from the refs. We already have enough to deal with from them. With that said, Smoove called like he saw it.

well..i'm not a big fan of the collusion theory but i do think that particular referee got caught up in the moment. I'm not sure what he thought he saw but whatever it was didn't happen. I have refereed basketball before on the REC/AAU/HS level and the main thing i like to see when watching games is establish some sort of consistancy. Last night..toward the end of the 1st qtr, I felt like the refs were going to let both teams play. We were playing tough D inside with few fouls and Miami didn't match our intensity. Then the Heat started playing pretty physical with ZSA ZSA and nothing was called. I was ok with that as long as thats the pecedence that was being established. Let em play unless it gets ridiculous. Then ..during the Heats run in the 2nd..all that had been established by the refs went out of the window for whatever reason. Tons of body fouls were starting to get called. Alot of touch..ticky tack stuff. It caused us to lose our focus for a stretch. Halftime could not have gotten there quick enough because ..the refs were caught up in it and we were reeling. Thats my only problem though. Be consistant. Either...let em play or don't. You can't shift gears like that in mid-game. It can cause some teams to derail.

This is eerily similar to the Heat/Mavs final in 06. Wade and the Heat got every phantom call you could imagine and Cuban racked up thousands of dollars in fines complaining about officiating. At the time I didn't care, because I hate Cuban, but this series is absurd.

One instance that people aren't pointing out was when O' Neal got an offensive board in the middle of the paint. Went up, lost it, regained control, shuffled his feet, lost it again, regained control, somehow he had "morphed" close the the FT line, then put up a wild shot that went in. The Czar and d*ck Stockton proceeded to perform their finest fellatio whilst I threw things at my television.

I'll be the first to admit that I love a good conspiracy theory and the NBA seems like a breeding ground for them. But honestly, how can we take a sport seriously when we KNOW that at least one NBA official did in fact control the outcome of games. This league is horseshit.

• Premium Member

The thing is, if Bibby fouled Jones as he flew by, then Jones should've been at the line for two shots only. There was no continuation when you watch the replay. He took time to gather himself after Bibby flew by.

It was a terrible call.

(I was okay with the charge on Bibby, and the call on Evans was at least debatable).

Neither one of those were fouls. Simply put, those would not be called if the Hawks were the Lakers or the Cavs or the Celts. That was ridiculous, and for the TNT guys to act like those were just boneheaded plays by the Hawks instead of atrocious, basically unheard of calls kind of annoyed the crap out of me.

LOL It's fixed guys. Can't you see that. We got like 6 fouls in 3 minutes because we were burying them. During that same stretch there was a lead pass down court that haslem caught and took 4 steps before turning and throwing it back. Can't let this series go less than 7. Can't let Wade be ousted in the first round. Can't let a fresh team face Lebron in the second round. Welcome to the NBA the Nobody Believe Anything league.

That was a sad sorry 3 minutes of officiating and some of the best evidence yet of a game being fixed. Bibby had a bloody nose from getting decked by Wade and then got called for an illegal screen seconds later for basically standing back up.

Yeah, it's basically like David Stern is the producer and the refs are the Broadway directors.

My thing is this. Bibby was jumping around like a damn grasshopper the entire game. He could've easily have been called for 2 fouls, when Wade pump faked, Bibby jumps, and Wade jumped into him, trying to get a foul call. The refs, while they usually call that, let it go both times for some reason.

Bibby's mistake was that he reached back with his arm, as he was going by Jones. Even if he didn't touch Jones, it does create the possibility that he may have hit him somewhere.

It may have been a bad call, but I blame Bibby for even putting himself in that situation.

The same goes with Solo jumping all out of control at Jones, on the first 4-point play.

I can let the refs slide with that 1st call, but that 2nd 4-point play was probably one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I'm surprised that either Woodson or the players didn't go after the official after that one. I would have been fightin' mad. This was some of the worst, lop-sided officiating I've ever seen. Those officials should be fined for their horrendous performance.

• Premium Member
I can let the refs slide with that 1st call, but that 2nd 4-point play was probably one of the worst calls I've ever seen. I'm surprised that either Woodson or the players didn't go after the official after that one. I would have been fightin' mad. This was some of the worst, lop-sided officiating I've ever seen. Those officials should be fined for their horrendous performance.

Those calls, coupled with Wades antics, made this game seem more like a wrestling match than a professional basketball game. To be honest, it would be the epitome of "scripting" if the Heat came back from a 20 something point lead to win the game behind the inspiring play of a hobbled Wade, who needed the help of his teammates just to stand on his own two feet. I'm just glad the Hawks did not follow that script and instead defended them into submission. The fact that the Hawks persevered in the face of adversity should give them the confidence to stomp these guys the next two games and leave no doubt as to why it happened... WE ARE THE BETTER TEAM. No smoke and mirrors, irregular officiating, or thoughts of a Wade-Lebron second round matchup will change that.

I've only thrown a remote while watching sports 3 times. When Bibby got that "foul" on Jones, that was it. I flung my remote SO hard, it's a miracle that it still works.

There is no doubt that the last one was NOT a foul. If anybody truly believes that Bibby fouled Jones on that play, then you'll also believe that I have some oceanfront property to sell you in Iowa.

my only explanation would be that the official who made the call was standing out of bounds behind jones and couldnt really see the play/foul. that said, i agree with the poster who says that he got caught up in the moment. the Hawks were reeling and appeared to be losing all composure so he went with his gut instinct that told him Bibby prolly fouled the guy.

i too am upset that even after the replays showed bibby didnt touch him, i have yet to hear any announcer on any station point it out. everybody see.s to riding jones's jock for his two 4-point plays.

did anybody else notice how later in the game, bibby shot a 3 and was knocked down by jones way after without a foul called. i agree that there were some inconsistancies by the refs

fortunately our hawks played like men and handled their business. The league really wanted the heat to win that one it seems