• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do we give Woodson credit for this win?

mrhonline

I'm on the anti-Woodson band wagon. We should have ended this series in 5 games. The defense stepped up in the 2nd half, and I think the more talented team played the way they should finally. Crawford is the player that really stepped up tonight.

I give credit to luck. Because the Hawks almost let that one go. We are still undisciplined and hog the ball in key times. We will not beat the Magic playing like this.

Hawks with ball movement = unstoppable.

We should win game seven though, especially since they gave us confidence.

Woodson gets credit for one thing... Taking his head out of the butt on switch D.

As Sothron said though.....puts it back after the lead? What an idiot. Woodson = garbage.

I don't like Woody period. BUT , if your gonna give the man the heat when we lose , you got to give him credit when he wins. He made changes early , we won , nuf said. Maybe He'll go back , look at the film , and it will become clear to him . The Hawks and the switch don't work. we have one of the most athletic teams in the NBA , they can handle man to man . And why don't we run more ???

The second half turnaround was impressive. Who ya' giving credit to?

The 3rd quarter was amazing. I give credit to the players. I don't think Woody told them to do anything differently than what they've done for 88 games. They brought energy and the Bucks couldn't throw it in the ocean.

• Moderators

The flow on offense (transition and fullcourt) was 99.9999% better in that second half. I'll allow Woody to take credit tonight... but please, NO half-baked offensive game-planning in Game 7! Sealing off the second-chance points helped, too.

The Bucks seemed to have forgotten what adjustments got them to Game 6. Hope the amnesia continues. Too much outside jump-shooting on a night everyone seemed to be cold.

~lw3

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Woody made adjustments; that alone satisfies me. I'm easy to please.

I will agree with that but we were lucky in the first half while both teams were choking. We did what we have normally done (albeit a bit better since it is the playoffs) - shut down teams defensively in the 3rd quarter after a bunch of talk by Woody. I always have feared if we were up by 5-10 points at the half because I figure our "players" would think we are better and mess it up in the second half by being arrogant.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I give him credit for not playing Zaza in the second half. It seems like every time that guy comes in the other team make a run. Hawks need an athletic big to come off the bench... like that kid from the Thunder. That would truly make the Hawks one of the most athletic team in the NBA from top to bottom.

Edited by Playa

I give him credit for not playing Zaza in the second half. It seems like every time that guy comes in the other team make a run. Hawks need an athletic big to come off the bench... like that kid from the Thunder. That would truly make the Hawks one of the most athletic team in the NBA from top to bottom.

Despite my bias for Zaza (which is strong), I have to respectfully disagree with you. When Zaza was in the game, he played well today (minus that travel, and missing his 2 FT), and gave good energy while Horford was in foul trouble. Zaza drew 3 fouls (including 2 HUGE ones that knocked Ilyasova out of the game), dove for, and recovered a loose ball, and had 4 rebounds in 12 minutes, not outstaning, but solid.

I think that playing Horford the whole second half tires him out and leaves him drained by the end of the game. Let Zaza get his minutes, avoid switching him onto point guards, and we'll be fine.