• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Picks in Mock Drafts Following the Lottery

AHF

The comparison does fit, and to Des's credit, during his prime years, he was a consistent 14-15 PPG scorer who shot well from the field. He was never a good perimeter shooter, and he didn't act like one. Overall, he was a solid role player who could defend.

And all in all is still a huge upgrade over Marvin.

Anyway got to go SF in the 1st.

Damion James, Paul George, Quincy Poindexter, Stanley Robinson, and (sleeper) Darrington Hobson are my picks.

Edited by GameTime

I am seeing a theme...

NBA Draft.net

Athletic defender and outstanding rebounder with bad shot selection, prone to shooting long jumpers without good form or success, bad free throw shooter....hmmm..

A 50% FG % is not bad at all. 38% from College 3 is also not bad at all. I am starting to like Damion James as our pick. Tough, athletic defender that can guard 4 positions; can get to the line at will; And has a nice mid range jumper. Think a young Shawn Marion without the weird looking jump shot.

Edited by GameTime

And all in all is still a huge upgrade over Marvin.

That's BS

Does the Desmond Mason comparison work for you? Mason never impressed me as an NBA player. To me comparing a first round pick to Mason is like saying, "the guy is great...think of him as the next Chris Crawford." (Well, not that bad but you get the point.)

LOL are you hearing yourself. I would take a healthy, no knee injury Chris Crawford on this team. He had some really good games for us...followed by some horrific knee explosions, but still some great games.

Two years in a row? I think we should give Teague a legit shot first as I don't think there will be even a remotely better option at that pick. We need to trade for a legit C and draft a SF or vice-versa.

Wow... I'm not sure whether this is an indictment of my mental state or of Woodson's "coaching," but I actually forgot Teague was on the team.

Appreciate you posting this AHF - but some of the stuff is so silly:

Damion James - 6'6'' SF -

Strengths:

...Takes a few power dribbles to his right or left and gets great lift on his shot ......Explosive finisher at the rim ... Displays a great set of hands...

Weaknesses:

...Ball handling needs further development. Appears very insecure when putting the ball on the deck. Rarely attacks all the way to the cup when being guarded. Dribbles with his head down ... Off the bounce moves are very methodical, more concerned with maintaining the dribble than getting by the defender ... His first step is hampered by lack of handle, restricting his ability to create shots for himself and others ... Doesn't possess a shooters touch. Settles for too many long range shots, out of his comfort range ... Shot selection is questionable. Free throw shooting is a major drawback of his game.

++++++++++++++++

Wha?

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

CBSSports.com

(Brian Levenson and Dave Del Grande's Mocks)

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

(Levenson)

24. ATL - Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson, SG, Cincinnati

(Del Grande)

24. ATL - Avery Bradley, SG, Texas

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

(Levenson)

24. ATL - Lance "Born Ready" Stephenson, SG, Cincinnati

Not exactly high praise (from the article)

"While Stephenson always seemed like a one-and-done player, he had a subpar freshman season that exposed many of his flaws and showed the limit of his potential.

Physically speaking, Stephenson has solid height for an NBA shooting guard at 6-5 with good length and a strong frame. As was the case in high school, he relies on his strength to overpower weaker players and compensate for his lack of athleticism. From a conditioning standpoint, he did not appear to be in ideal shape this past season...."

Not exactly high praise (from the article)

"While Stephenson always seemed like a one-and-done player, he had a subpar freshman season that exposed many of his flaws and showed the limit of his potential.

Physically speaking, Stephenson has solid height for an NBA shooting guard at 6-5 with good length and a strong frame. As was the case in high school, he relies on his strength to overpower weaker players and compensate for his lack of athleticism. From a conditioning standpoint, he did not appear to be in ideal shape this past season...."

From what I am researching looks like a Ron Artest (The good and the bad)

Shooters are almost always available late 1st even up to early 2nd based on the premium put on bigs and pgs. Good thing BK missed or ignored shooters/scorers throughout his career with us. Otherwise we may be duplicating another need LMAO.

In all seriousness; unless a PG or Big just drops in our laps, a shooter/scorer is the way to go to ensure getting decent value with the pick IMO. Hopefully we take the right one and not the reach.

Edited by Buzzard