• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not a good quote from Teague

GameTime

It’s one thing for raw rookie Pape Sy to be bothered by ball pressure, another for Teague to look unnerved by it. “Just one of those games,” Teague said. “I think I am just going to start passing the ball up to the wings instead of bringing it up. It takes too long into the shot clock for to get the offense going . That’s how it’s going to be when I play with Joe and those guys, anyway.”

:temperature:

Yeah! I think he didn't expect to get double teamed so much in that summer league game......He he! He did start letting Jordan bring the ball up in the second half which helped him and the team get back into it. But he needs to understand that with the great game he had against OJ Mayo, teams are going to take notice and put ball pressure on him because of his ability to drive the ball everytime....... Rook should not tell our game plan though!!!!

Teague would be good off the bench for next season but man I don't want to start him but we have no other option.

• Premium Member

If he can't handle summer league ball pressure that is not a good sign. Nine turnovers. Ouch.

Sund better be thinking about bringing in a PG.

and it gets worse

L.D.’s offense might be too sophisticated for this group because they are shying away from it.

This is why I think fans illusions of this team being a well oiled offensive machine in 1 years time is hogwash. Even the hawks starers are mentally obtuse so expecting them to learn everything in a season is well....fantasy. ISO Joe is here to stay!

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

He is in fine company with guys like John Wall, OJ Mayo, etc. who have had games with huge numbers of turnovers. It isn't good, but it is hardly the definitive word on Teague either.

I really think we're going to need Bibby badly this year. Remember - he is a smart basketball player, almost a coach. He will be able to quickly pick up L.D.'s "complex" offense. The same offense that apparently is too complex for the summer leaguers to run correctly. Teague has some talent, but I doubt he can play efficiently in a new offense very quickly.

The turnovers aren't the issue. It's Teague's mentality. That's a "give up" mentality by him, simply because he was having trouble bringing the ball up. That's a big time red flag that this coaching staff better correct with the quickness, or you'll see Jamal starting at the point next season. That's an unbelievable quote by him actually. WTF is he going to do when he has Rajon Rondo in his face?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

never liked the idea on giving a guy the keys prematurely. Yes Teague is a fairly high pick but has he done enough to be given the title of starting PG? I think not. If Sund plans on having a legitimate team in the east he better find serviceable PG before this thing gets real ugly real fast. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Acie Law again. Teague will still be the future but I think he'll progress faster if there's a competition versus an anointment.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

The turnovers aren't the issue. It's Teague's mentality. That's a "give up" mentality by him, simply because he was having trouble bringing the ball up. That's a big time red flag that this coaching staff better correct with the quickness, or you'll see Jamal starting at the point next season. That's an unbelievable quote by him actually. WTF is he going to do when he has Rajon Rondo in his face?

I would not say he gave up. Actually he really attacked the rim in the second half and on one play he almost broke his wrist. I think he just spoke out of term. I do think we will need a good back-up point or have Bibby to stay..... Decisions, Decisions!!

• Premium Member

We don't need a point guard that is scared to bring the ball up the court and will just lob long passes to wing players to avoid pressure. How long do you think it would take the opposing team to anticipate those passes? :thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Edited by Sothron

If he can't handle summer league ball pressure that is not a good sign. Nine turnovers. Ouch.

I don't really see that as a negative because that happens on the regular in summer league. kinda wild which causes all the to's and low assists because of the lack of finishers. the NBA is a totally different game. Everytime I watch a summer league game the court looks like a clogged artery