• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could anything be better?

Diesel

Maybe this?

post-5-017182300 1290094467_thumb.jpg

And speaking of that, while searching for an old picture that I couldn't find of Howard working out for the Hawks prior to the draft I found this tidbit from Diesel ...

I think Howard could be a Sf. He has doesn't have a strong low post game but his game is perimeter based. It's the mark of these young players. Position variable. Like James playing PG. I think if we get Howard we play him at Sf.

I think the other player we should look at is:

of course Okafur and Ha Seung Jin.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/community/index.php/topic/40911-should-we-be-looking-at-howard-in-the-draft/page__view__findpost__p__40913

• Premium Member

Hey guys...listen:

"I like the other guys, but I REALLY like Chris Paul and what he did for his team. If BK takes Williams, then I'll just have to trust his judgement on that...but I'm hoping that we pick Chris Paul."

-Me (many times), before the 2005 draft

Please...hey, listen I got something to say:

"Well, I don't think that about Paul...or Deron for that matter. If there were guys close to Paul/Deron's level, then they would be right at the top of the draft or Paul and Deron would be expected to go late lottery to mid 1st. But they are not. These are guys that have the potential to be game changers - PGs who elevate the way guys around them play."

-Me, before the 2005 draft

PLEASE listen to me BK? Forum? Anybody?:

I wish we could pick up (Josh) Smith too. Something tells me that he's going to be the player that teams are going to wish they had taken in this draft. If we don't get one of the top 2 picks, I think he's a no-brainer."

-Me, before the 2004 draft

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE...someone listen to me:

"I can't sit here and say that Shelden is the choice for us at 5. To be honest, I'm more interested in Brandon Roy than anyone else. I can say that we shouldn't discount a guy because we think he isn't big enough to play a position OR because we think that reaching on him is a mistake. The history of the lottery shows that players are quite often not selected in the most appropriate order."

-Me, before the 2006 draft

"I loved what (Shelden Williams) did at Duke, though like many of the prospects in this draft, I did not watch him much. I don't have many concerns about him being able to rebound, defend, and score on the NBA level...but my preference was for BK to draft Brandon Roy. I don't care that he may be nothing more than a JJ clone, or that our biggest problem was interior defense (or defense in general). After looking at him, I thought he had the fire and skills to become a VERY good player on this level and would compliment JJ perfectly."

-Me, before the 2006 draft

Nobody listens to me...

Nobody likes me...

I'm a loser...

kickcan.gif

• Like 1

I seriously doubt that Rondo would've got good coaching in his formative years had he come here. You see what the small, but proven scoring point guards out of college have done. Acie and Jeff lost precious developmental oppurtunities early on, deserving blame themselves, but surely the coaching staff bores a lot as well. Rondo was raw as a seafood display. Couldnt see him and Woody coexisting productively at all, and the lack of veteran leadership at the time wouldn't have helped matters.

Rondo was drafted with the Hawks pick, just not the Hawks :help wanted3:

• Premium Member

We are entering the golden age of the PG... Seems like every other team has a star at the position.

Boston: Rondo

Orlando: Nelson

Chicago: Rose

Milwaukee: Jennings

New York: Felton

Sacramento: Tyreke Evans

Utah: Deron Williams

New Orleans: Chris Paul

Houston: Aaron Brooks

Golden State: Stephen Curry

Dallas: Jason Kidd

Phoenix: Steve Nash

San Antonio: Tony Parker

Philadelphia: Jrue Holiday

Washington: John Wall

New Jersey: Devin Harris

Oklahoma City: Westbrook

Denver: Billups / Lawson (one is fading but the other will be a stud soon)

Memphis: Conley.

You'd think the Hawks could have gotten at least one of these guys at some point. :brick wall:

• Like 1

We are entering the golden age of the PG... Seems like every other team has a star at the position.

You'd think the Hawks could have gotten at least one of these guys at some point. :brick wall:

oo but just wait til we do!!!! :line dance:

here's our man:

we'll have to trade with someone to get him on draft night, but i think he will be good. john calapari's next great point, he's also got a good head on his shoulders -- straight A student since 3rd grade, tutored other kids in his class, doesn't need someone else taking the SAT for him (looking at you rose).

• Moderators

Just don't know why we couldn't have gotten Darren Collison from NO. I think the Hornets netted Trevor Ariza in that deal?

They did. They also got addition by subtraction in dumping Posey's remaining 2 year, 15M deal.

The Hawks just have bad luck. We almost had Ty lawson before Minnesota drafted him right before our pick. Rick Sund mentioned Ty Lawson as one of the guys he liked with our pick that year, so there is no doubt we would have took him if he was still on the board when we picked at 19.