• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Real GM [likely fake] Rumor: 740 the game is reporting trade is complete

GameTime

• Moderators

Wondering aloud if the dude answering the phone at this 740 The Game (paraphrasing: "no comment, no details, but yeah, we all think the rumor's true") is simultaneously the rumor troll. That would be awful, so for their sake I hope not. But just putting that out there.

~lw3

Wondering aloud if the dude answering the phone at this 740 The Game (paraphrasing: "no comment, no details, but yeah, we all think the rumor's true") is simultaneously the rumor troll. That would be awful, so for their sake I hope not. But just putting that out there.

~lw3

Hopefully it is like the Capital One commercials..."Hello, thank you for calling 740 the Game, my name is Peggy..."

• Like 3

The more I look at these "rumors" the more I hope the team just holds onto Josh.

If they trade him it'll be because Joe's contract is toxic waste and if that's the case after only 1 year Sund should be fired for suggesting this move.

That's not necessarily the case, especially not if we've been considering trading Josh for the past couple of years. If we make a trade that's a pure salary dump then I'd probably agree with you that JJ's contract played a hand in the trade.

• Moderators

Better theory than the one I held previously.

The guy answering the phones at the Orlando radio station knows all about the Ken Berger @ CBSSports' "trade talks are legit" report... but doesn't understand that a troll put their name out there with details of a multi-team trade being "done." He was probably told to verify their understanding of what Berger reported, but misunderstands that some yahoo came out with a fake deal report and put their "740 The Game" name on it.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

That's not necessarily the case, especially not if we've been considering trading Josh for the past couple of years. If we make a trade that's a pure salary dump then I'd probably agree with you that JJ's contract played a hand in the trade.

If they trade Josh for anything outside of a legit starting Center it'll be a "cap fix" move

• Premium Member

If they trade Josh for anything outside of a legit starting Center it'll be a "cap fix" move

I can see why you'd say that, and you're entitled to the perspective of course, but that's an exceptionally narrow one... particularly in light of a CBA situation that makes anything less than a talent-for-talent trade imprudent... with the exception of ones that involve only expiring contracts. Or so it seems to me.

Edited by sturt

• Moderators

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22514-offseason-thread-part-iii-revenge-of-the-smith-p47-post-554/page__view__findpost__p__629780

I just called the 740 # and I said "I wanna know who is in the Josh Smith trade" he said "for what our sources told us, it is Josh Smith, Kirk Hinrich" for Ryan Anderson/Jameer Nelson/Daniel Orton" and than I asked "so its just two teams" than he said "portland is in it but he cant remember the specifics" than I asked are they gonna talk about it on the radio and he said "idk we might" and i said thanks.

That is weird!! Lol Are they just reading it off the internet? lol

I never thought I'd say it, but thank Gawd for Atlanta sports talk radio. Didn't know how good I had it.

~lw3

• Premium Member

There's no way Gearon Jr, the real gm of this team, is this stupid. I already know he's a lying bastard who betrayed Atlanta fans for generations to come by stealing our hockey team but trading Smoove and Hinrich for guys one year or two away from retirement would be insane.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22514-offseason-thread-part-iii-revenge-of-the-smith-p47-post-554/page__view__findpost__p__629780

I never thought I'd say it, but thank Gawd for Atlanta sports talk radio. Didn't know how good I had it.

~lw3

What's their #?

• Moderators

What's their #?

http://www.740thegame.com/pages/contactus.html

407-916-8255 / 800-729-8255

Orlando folks have had an easier time reaching the local number. Apparently half of Disneyworld is calling and reaching the same guy, hoping if they ask him the question 1,000,000 different ways they'll eventually get the answer they want.

~lw3

With an impending lockout along with a very dull draft, the media outlets covering the NBA needs to stay relevant for as long as they can. Why not make up rumors? That's a good way to stay relevant. Get those clicks up and make as much money before the standstill.

• Premium Member

Miller would be waived immediately without cap repercussions.

Teague / Duhon

JJ / Sy / 2nd rounder

Marvin / Wilkins

Horford / Anderson

Camby / Pachulia / Collins

Total outgoing salary: $33.8M

Total incoming salary: $25.9M

2011-12 outgoing salary: $20.5M

2011-12 incoming salary: $18.6M

2012-13 outgoing salary: $13.3M

2012-13 incoming salary: $3.5M

2013-14 outgoing salary: $0.0M

2013-14 incoming salary: $3.8M (can be bought out for $1.5M)

Edited by mrhonline