• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody's time in Atlanta NJ article

dhawk

Wow... That was damn brutal... Really brutal. Especially the part about free agents. What do we need to do to have an open letter to the Billionaire Owners?Huhttp://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/opinion/letters/sendletter.html

You're not kidding. What was in that article was pretty much what most basketball fans down here already know, which explains the empty seats at Philips when Lebron or Kobe isn't in the building.Well, at least the truth is finally getting out about the inept ownership and equally inept front office that runs this outfit. To be a fan of this team with the kind of baggage they bring to the table should earn each of us a badge of honor...

• Admin

The irony is that James wouldn’t even give the Hawks an audience that summer. Chris Paul crossed the Hawks off his list early. Dwight Howard, who is from Atlanta, never considered going there. Superstars, for the most part, shun Atlanta like the roads are lined with anthrax.

THis is why we had to give Joe so much money. It looks like no free agent worth any value wants to play here and I believe it. Messed up owners, terrible fans etc.

• Moderators

The irony is that James wouldn’t even give the Hawks an audience that summer. Chris Paul crossed the Hawks off his list early. Dwight Howard, who is from Atlanta, never considered going there. Superstars, for the most part, shun Atlanta like the roads are lined with anthrax.

THis is why we had to give Joe so much money. It looks like no free agent worth any value wants to play here and I believe it. Messed up owners, terrible fans etc.

To be fair those old guys in North Georgia were planning on lining the roads with Ricin.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

This is the same stuff we've known for YEARS on this site. We all know how pathetic the A$G are. I pray and I am not joking I pray at least once a week for the Hawks to get a real owner to buy them from those idiots.

It kills me that as a fan of this team the hopes of being a respectable franchise lies on the shoulders of these idiots. Everyone in the organization needs to go...the owners, the gm, coach, public relations, marketing (ing fire them now). It's just sad really

• Moderators

Woody: "Iso What? Iso Who?"

http://espn.go.com/b...dom-under-woody

"I don't know where this isolation basketball came from," Woodson said on ESPN 1050's "The Michael Kay Show" on Monday afternoon. "If I think if we're an isolation basketball team, then you got one guy averaging 30-something points and everybody else is trying to figure it out. I think people blew the isolation basketball thing out of proportion. We just had a good offensive team [in Atlanta] and we shared the ball."

Random scout: "Oh, you, and your silly journalists!"

http://espn.go.com/b...to-woodys-world

On his offense in Atlanta: "I think the characterization of Woody's offense is a product of simplistic journalism. It's easy for one guy to look at what someone else says and say, 'Oh, they just run isos all the time,' and then just repeat that. Woody runs a very traditional NBA offense -- post-ups, pick-and-rolls, isos. And no, he doesn't advocate tempo unless it's an advantage. He doesn't advocate chucking up quick shots. He doesn't advocate taking threes, unless they're good shots. Basically, what Woody is going to say, and this is going to go back to Larry Brown [with whom Woodson won a title in 2004 in Detroit], you're going to play good defense and you're going to play at a pace that's conducive to you being successful. We want to play at a pace where we're causing turnovers. If that's the way we're getting easy buckets and we're getting layups, then fine, let's push it.

~lw3

Smoove reads this article, crumples it into a ball, and declares to himself, "I'll show them... I'll show them all! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" as he heads to the practice floor to work on his halfcourt heaves.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3