• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Childress being amnestied by Suns; Let's sign him

BossAus

• Premium Member

It's obvious the guy tanked hard in Pheonix and was never anything more than a completely average player when he played for us... Having said that, if he can give us anything like the numbers he put up his last few seasons with us he would be hands down the best SF on our squad as of right now. For the vet minimum I don't see any better options at SF.

I liked Chill because of his hussle and rebounding. But his shot was awful.I like adding Barnes. Rugged defender who can at least get in the way of LBJ and Melo.

• Premium Member

Dominic McGuire, Chris Wright, Jared Jeffries and Matt Barnes are all better options who could be had for the BAE so not much more than Chilly.

I definitely rather have Barnes, though as bad as Chills is on offense I think Jeffries is worse. I've actually never even seen the other two guys play so no opinion there.

I definitely rather have Barnes, though as bad as Chills is on offense I think Jeffries is worse. I've actually never even seen the other two guys play so no opinion there.

Barnes is far and away my favorite choice there. Wright was a rookie who put up 25 points in his only start last year, the season finale against.... the Spurs! McGuire has big time potential but he's been in the league 5 years and hasn't really put it together yet, although he's not 1 dimensional like Childress. Jeffries was included in the trade for Felton so he's not an option anymore. I view him pretty much the same as Childress, except that he probably doesn't have any bad blood towards Atlanta like I think Childress does.

• Premium Member

fickle bunch we arewe don't want the players already hereyetwe crave the players no one else wants

• Like 1

Barnes is far and away my favorite choice there. Wright was a rookie who put up 25 points in his only start last year, the season finale against.... the Spurs! McGuire has big time potential but he's been in the league 5 years and hasn't really put it together yet, although he's not 1 dimensional like Childress. Jeffries was included in the trade for Felton so he's not an option anymore. I view him pretty much the same as Childress, except that he probably doesn't have any bad blood towards Atlanta like I think Childress does.

Chris Wright is not a starter, one final good game against Derrick Byars and James Anderson does not make him a starter, he is not even starting on Summer Legaue, neither is McGuire, they will be lucky to find a roster spot on any NBA team After we missed James Johnson the best options left that could eventually become valuable pieces are Matt Barnes and Terrence Williams, or sign an offer sheet to Brandon Rush or Alonso Gee.

The Hawks have a void at the SF spot and hopefully we can fill it with Josh Childress. Although is shooting is suspect, he is a solid defender, has length and could definitely benefit from our Motion offense..Besides we have more than enough shooters on our team...I think the Hawks will be alot deeper this season especially at the Guard position so LD substitution pattern better be solid..

Starters

PG- Teague

SG- John Jenkins

SF- Josh Childress

PF- Josh Smith

C- Horford

Bench

PG- Devin Harris / Stevenson

SG- Lou Williams / Morrow

SF- Kyle Korver

PF- Ivan the Terrible

C- Zaza

• Like 1

• Premium Member

hell no. he can go back to olympikos and play with acie. there was a reason his ass got dumped before, no reason to go back to that relationship again. DON'T LOOK BACK!!!

Do you mean the money? He left before because of a squabble over Money. If he can come back at a vet min... while still being paid by Phoenix.. why not? Don't look back is a bad business model. Does that apply to us getting CP3 too?

The Hawks have a void at the SF spot and hopefully we can fill it with Josh Childress. Although is shooting is suspect, he is a solid defender, has length and could definitely benefit from our Motion offense..Besides we have more than enough shooters on our team...I think the Hawks will be alot deeper this season especially at the Guard position so LD substitution pattern better be solid..

Starters

PG- Teague

SG- John Jenkins

SF- Josh Childress

PF- Josh Smith

C- Horford

Bench

SF- Kyle Korver

PF- Ivan the Terrible

C- Zaza

Highlu doubt Jenkins starts. Why would you think he starts over Harris? Also Stevenson is not a pg.

• Premium Member

Starters

PG- Teague

SG- John Jenkins

SF- Josh Childress

PF- Josh Smith

C- Horford

Bench

SF- Kyle Korver

PF- Ivan the Terrible

C- Zaza

Here's How I see it:

PG: Harris, Teague, Williams.

SG: Morrow, Jenkins

SF: Korver, Chillz

PF: Smoove, Ivan, Scott, JWilliams

C: Horf, Zaza, Petro

JWilliams and Petro are definitely expendable. I would cut both of them and add in Keith Benson.

• Moderators

Here's How I see it: PG: Harris, Teague, Williams. SG: Morrow, Jenkins SF: Korver, Chillz PF: Smoove, Ivan, Scott, JWilliams C: Horf, Zaza, Petro JWilliams and Petro are definitely expendable. I would cut both of them and add in Keith Benson.

I think Harris, Teague, Williams, Korver, Stevenson, and Smoove are the guys who will get most of the minutes as 1-3. Unless some of them are gone before we start. Maybe i don't know him well enough but it seems like Morrow is the odd man out and Jenkins gets garbage time. Things may change though.

Do you mean the money? He left before because of a squabble over Money. If he can come back at a vet min... while still being paid by Phoenix.. why not? Don't look back is a bad business model. Does that apply to us getting CP3 too?

i do mean his value. the value placed in terms of the cap hold his salary takes up and the value of him taking up a spot on the roster. he thought his value was worth more than managment thought it was worth. when two parties share a relationship over time, then split up over differences in perceived value, there generally isn't a good way to get back together without the past still lingering, creeping around, popping it's head up. cp3 doesn't factor into this equation because we never had a relationship with him to begin with. cp3 and the hawks were never partners that split up, so there was no history between them to look back on and try to regain. chillz simply isn't a player worth going back for. it's a general rule i go by with professional and personal relationships, not a hard rule. i could see a team, person, or company breaking this rule if it is for someone of a high enough impact, but that isn't chillz. you can't go forward if you keep looking at the past.