• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does LD have to make the playoffs to Keep his job?

wolvetigers

The Hawks have ton of shooters on the roster and although some of them maybe used as filler for possible trades at the Deadline (Stevenson, etc., ) - The substitution pattern of LD will come under tight scrutiny this year b/c he wont have that consistent Allstar SG to differ to. He has to continue to juggle the lineup to see what works best. I like the idea of having a fast although undersize backcourt with Lou and Teague- eventhough defense would struggle points should rain in. And I really like the Idea of having Harris leadership to be able to set the tone off the bench for the 2nd Wave of players - getting them in the right position etc. With that said I think the Hawks with the right coaching is a playoff team..probably a 6 seed at best..East Playoff Team1) Miami2) Boston3) Nets4) Indiana5) 76ers6) Hawks7) Knicks8) Bulls (No Rose)

Edited by wolvetigers

LD has to win a championship this year. He was a goner once we hired Danny Ferry.

If this is the case I wish we would have just got the coach Ferry wants instead of wasting a season.

A lot goes into playoff seeding. Rosters still are nowhere close to being set and injuries always play a part, notably with the Knicks, Celtics, and Bulls. I think the team just has to play hard consistently and let the chips fall where they may. Like when we won 53 games, the poor effort nights were few and far between, while two years ago we set new standards for being the worse good team ever. If everyone plays hard and together, and Jenkins and Teague exceed contribution expectations, LD should be fine. I don't think it's a hard sell to get free agents here like many think. Now a top-flight coach may be a little harder sell, but at the rate Ferry moves and the respect he has, he could get it done. I do not want to see LD replaced by some 30 year-old mid-major supposed genius like Charlotte or someone with no experience like GS and Mark Jackson.

• Premium Member

Don't be surprised if Mike D'Antoni is here by mid season.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I'm sure Ferry has some coaches in mind that he would love to give a shot. I would automatically rule out any VanGundy's as that would negate any shot at getting Howard here....Although, i know some people may not like this but I would inquire about Phil Jackson. Bringing a coach here that knows how to win championships would convince Free Agents. I think Coach K would be a natural choice for Ferry.

• Premium Member

The Hawks have ton of shooters on the roster and although some of them maybe used as filler for possible trades at the Deadline (Stevenson, etc., ) - The substitution pattern of LD will come under tight scrutiny this year b/c he wont have that consistent Allstar SG to differ to. He has to continue to juggle the lineup to see what works best. I like the idea of having a fast although undersize backcourt with Lou and Teague- eventhough defense would struggle points should rain in. And I really like the Idea of having Harris leadership to be able to set the tone off the bench for the 2nd Wave of players - getting them in the right position etc. With that said I think the Hawks with the right coaching is a playoff team..probably a 6 seed at best..

East Playoff Team

1) Miami

2) Boston

3) Nets

4) Indiana

5) 76ers

6) Hawks

7) Knicks

8) Bulls (No Rose)

Never been a LD fan. With that being said they picked up his option I believe and he should be given the season.

Another thing is unless your going for a Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan, the reast are not a huge upgrade from LD.

If this is the case I wish we would have just got the coach Ferry wants instead of wasting a season.

Drew was re-signed prior to Ferry getting here. There's no reason to pay 2 coaches for what figures to be our "bottom out" year. Clearly he's hoping to make big moves next off-season, and at that time, he will be at liberty to attempt to bring in big FA's and the coach he wants. Whether he succeeds or not is a whole different story...

I'm sure Ferry has some coaches in mind that he would love to give a shot. I would automatically rule out any VanGundy's as that would negate any shot at getting Howard here....Although, i know some people may not like this but I would inquire about Phil Jackson. Bringing a coach here that knows how to win championships would convince Free Agents. I think Coach K would be a natural choice for Ferry.

I hope when you say Coach K, you don't mean the Duke coach. He would never leave college after all of these years. I would like to get Mcmillen or any set coach. Not a rookie who doesn't know anything. Unless its Patrick Ewing.

Drew and Ferry seem to have hit it off at SL and if Drew buys into Ferry's system, he could be re-upped. LD could end up being here a while...

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Coach Drew did a great job last year. I think Danny will give him a real shot to succeed. And knowing that Ferry can replace him easily by years end will motivate Coach Drew to do another great job.

• Moderators

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Coach Drew did a great job last year. I think Danny will give him a real shot to succeed. And knowing that Ferry can replace him easily by years end will motivate Coach Drew to do another great job.

I'm all for giving LD another shot. He hasn't destroyed the team yet. It's not like John Kuester's job while in Detroit. I believe really the only complaints Hawks fans have about Drew is that isn't vocal enough and doesn't have that part of him that will bench a player for doing something that hurts the team... and who knows, maybe Gearon Jr. was also the head coach of this team... lol Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

The thing I like about LD is that the same things we are saying here at the Squawk, he is preaching to the team on the bench. During the look-ins, it seems like he is always talking about attacking the basket and not taking so many bad jump shots, and about playing hard defense. And it looks like the team is starting to take his advice.