• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons tonight and Braves winning games ...........

Gray Mule

Football exibition games are here. The Braves season is winding down.They appear to be in good shape for a wild card spot.We who are Hawks are on edge to watch our new team. Yet, we waitand wait and wait. Not wishing our life away or anything like that butit sure would be nice if we could watch our Hawks.We've lost a lot when we sent Marvin and Joe away. We gained a lot with all the new players. Things are certainly different.And, we now know we will also have new assistant coaches and a newperson doing the advertising end of things - Publicity, I suppose.We felt kinda cheated with the short, compact season we just had. How muchlonger until we have NBA?So many questions about our new team. Heretofore, we had the same fivecoming back, year after year. Not now. We want to see. Please!

I was at the Falcons game last night (at least through the first half). Falcons offense was looking pretty good. Julio Jones is turning out to be the beast everyone thought he would be. The running game may need a bit of work but if the Falcons gun it like they did last night it probably isn't that much of a concern.Just pre-season regardless. :)

The officiating in the NFL made me much less of a fan last year. 4 guys throwing for near or over 5,000 (including a rookie) yards just seemed cheap to me, and it's mainly due to the extremely stringent rules hampering and unjustly penalizing defenses. I also believe Matt Ryan's best season (his rookie one) is far behind him. He's not a volume passer by any means, and the new NFL dictates a franchise QB throwing 50+ times as to ensure the most possible chances of drawing a penalty during a passing play. I love the Falcons, but don't expect them to do anything with average players in the backfield and losing their most consistent LB in Lofton (fumble recovery last night) and losing Tatupu for the season. I'm sure Dimitroff will polish off the roster before season opener, but I just have no expcectations for the Falcons with every division stacked except the West. I like the Braves' chances if they get into the dance. The bullpen is awesome and Wren has made a signifigant amount of great moves for the past few seasons. Not a baseball fan by any stretch, but it's always a toss-up in the playoffs, and our pitching staff seems good enough with Hudson (future HOFer) leading the staff.

So much good stuff happening to Atlanta teams, including the Dream.I know we all have hopes for the Hawks to be really exciting this season.They may or may not be as good this season but they sure will be different.Speed, speed and bombs away - - - That's what we think right now. We will just have to wait and see.GO HAWKS!!!