• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First Player frustrated with his role....Petro

macdaddy

• Moderators
http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/10/22/atlanta-hawks-injury-update-petro-frustrated/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks With all the talk of having so many guards its kind of ironic that our backup center is the one left out. Makes sense though. He is behind Horford and Zaza who typically eat a lot of minutes. Plus we have Smoove, Ivan, Tolliver, and Scott all looking cabable at the 4 limiting how much time Horf will be at the 4. We'll see how many discontents LD ends up with a month in.

• Moderators

http://blogs.ajc.com...fid=blogs_hawks With all the talk of having so many guards its kind of ironic that our backup center is the one left out. Makes sense though. He is behind Horford and Zaza who typically eat a lot of minutes. Plus we have Smoove, Ivan, Tolliver, and Scott all looking cabable at the 4 limiting how much time Horf will be at the 4. We'll see how many discontents LD ends up with a month in.

Hopefully we have a few more discon-Nets so it'll be easy to ship them outta town for a true SF or another big-name veteran... And honestly Petro, how many minutes was you expecting to get? He looked more outta place out there than any player this preseason... Your role Petro is to be our new Collins...
  • Like 1

I was at the game Saturday and finally got to see Petro in a game. He did not provide any spark on the offensive end, however he was able to grab rebounds. Something our team desperately needs. He was the biggest guy on the court by far and was able to grab rebounds. I say we give him an opportunity to play but he should understand that it is either rebound or the trading block. I believe if he takes that approach then we may have a useful player in Petro.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Your role: Hit the boards hard enough and play some D and you will get consistent minutes. The number of those minutes will be based on how well you play. If you aren't an impact player in these areas, you may not play at all.

Petro just wants to be loved. I mean whens the last time somebody just gave the guy a hug? Pointed out how nice his new sneakers look?

Isn't that what Sund was kept for? Ah I forget, he's probably wine tasting in Nice with Pape. When he gets back though.
  • Like 1