• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"I never asked for the max. Those words never came out of my mouth."

AHawks89

At this point in his last season in Cleveland, I think Lebron was talking about how much he loved Cleveland and how they were at the top of his list to resign. It is only after the fact that it came out that his plan all along was to conspire to form his superfriends team.

I'll take Josh letting us shop him over Lebron lying to team management so they couldn't reasonably deal him.

Yep and Lebron has learned from that and Josh and the rest of the NBA have been able to or should have learned from that.

He said WE will ALL have to take less. And you know I don't pity Josh for not having big endorsements as he could be an annual All-Star if he played the right way. Plus he has made over $60 million the NBA, something you and I and the majority of us here combined will never see in our lives.

And the congregation says Amen!

Overated... If Josh played in a bigger market he would have been an All-Star. Doesn't that mean anything when you have seen players make the All-Star because they play in the big market but don't have the big year???

He's trying to get the most he can if that's the max it's the max. His agent is trying to get him the best deal possible. And a team friendly deal is out of the question after what BK and the ownership made him go fly coast to coast trying to find a deal.

Especially practically begging Joe to sign a 126 million contract.

I mean damn, I guess this whole article should be ammended and Schultz fired.

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/jeff-schultz/2013/jan/25/josh-smith-i-feel-im-max-player/

“[a source said] feel like [a source said] a max player,” [a source said] said Friday.

“[a source] feel [a source] bring a lot to the table. [a source] have a lot of versatility. For what [a source] do and what [a source] give this ball club, [a source] feel like [a source] worth it.”

“There shouldn’t be any hesitation. I’m [not] Josh Smith, I’m not anybody else. I ‘m not Michael Jordan, I’m not LeBron James, I’m not Brook Lopez. I’m [not] Josh Smith. You can’t look at what might’ve happened with another person. Let’s say Joe. You can’t say, ‘I’m skeptical of giving another person that’ because of whatever they feel like happened."

• Like 1

• Moderators

Just had a Josh Smith interview on NBATV with Sekou, no need to pull up articles.

The real question is whether he will be looking for anything close to a max salary in Atlanta. Other teams believing he will want serious pay is hurting his trade value. Some damage control is in order either way.

• Moderators

If we keep Josh, I would certainly explore his "real demands" with his agent over the rest of the season and into the offseason. I would not deal him for Ellis and Ukoh or some craptastic package like that.

• Premium Member

Again...Funny how every fanbase in America wants this guy but this one can't wait to get rid of him.

It'd be funny if we trade Smoove and then resign him in the offseason. Hilurrrious...

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Monta Ellis

PG - Jeff Teague

FTW.

Wow, 3 malcontents in the same starting line up? Horford better be one hell of a babysitter.