• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Really hard to tell how far this team can go.

ATLscrubLove

We have a pretty good ball club this year. Shooters all around, anyone on our roster seems to can step up and really give this team a spark. Tonight it was Devin Harris and a solid presence in the paint from Zaza snagging some key rebounds and breaking the clubs record for most offensive rebounds in a quarter. We can say what we want about this team and how inconsistent they are but we do at least have the luxury of rooting for a solid playoff team.

The question is how far can the Hawks go this year? The East isn't "that" strong, if a team goes in the playoffs hot they have a real shot at the ECF. Granted the Heat is all but guaranteed to go all the way so it will suck if we get them early 1/2 round. I'd just like to point out that I believe we can beat anyone else in the East, assuming we don't settle for too many jumpers.

I just think the Hawks can really do some damage in the playoffs even as a 6th seed. They have played very well on the road this year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

If the Hawks go +.500 on this 6 game trip (1-0 so far), I think they have a shot to move up from 6. but i wouldn't mind if the Hawks stayed there. if they move up, move up to 3rd!

We have a pretty good ball club this year. Shooters all around, anyone on our roster seems to can step up and really give this team a spark. Tonight it was Devin Harris and a solid presence in the paint from Zaza snagging some key rebounds and breaking the clubs record for most offensive rebounds in a quarter. We can say what we want about this team and how inconsistent they are but we do at least have the luxury of rooting for a solid playoff team. The question is how far can the Hawks go this year? The East isn't "that" strong, if a team goes in the playoffs hot they have a real shot at the ECF. Granted the Heat is all but guaranteed to go all the way so it will suck if we get them early 1/2 round. I'd just like to point out that I believe we can beat anyone else in the East, assuming we don't settle for too many jumpers. I just think the Hawks can really do some damage in the playoffs even as a 6th seed. They have played very well on the road this year.

We will not be playing the Bucks or Kings in the 2nd round of the playoffs........if we even get out of the 1st round. I actually like our matchup vs Indiana if the seedings can stay that way. I'm not sure a token 2nd round appearance vs the Heat is worth giving up 5 or 6 spots in the draft though.I'm more concerned with adding pieces for the big picture long term.
  • Like 1

Yep. We do not want the 4 or 5 seed at all. I'll take an away series in first round to not play Miami til ECF

It doesn't work that way. Teams are reseeded each round. The bottom seed advancing to the 2nd round will play the top seed advancing to the 2nd round.The NBA doesn't use the bracket system that the NCAA uses. Edited by coachx

We will not be playing the Bucks or Kings in the 2nd round of the playoffs........if we even get out of the 1st round. I actually like our matchup vs Indiana if the seedings can stay that way. I'm not sure a token 2nd round appearance vs the Heat is worth giving up 5 or 6 spots in the draft though.I'm more concerned with adding pieces for the big picture long term.

Correction......the Knicks would currently be our 1st round matchup. Edited by coachx

This is a funny thread - The Hawks will not go pass the second round....Let's not get carried away from beating the Kings and Bucks people...and if we plan on making it to the second round we mostly certainly better get to the #4 or 5th seed.

I agree. .. but we better get to the 4th if we want to make a push at the 2nd round.

We are going to want to get the 2-3 seed. But seeing as how that is not going to be possible at all. I am fine with being the 5 seed in hoped that the Nets stay at the 4. That way we can be the benefit of Joe Johnson in the playoffs for once haha.

If we dont move up high enough tho and have to play Miami in the second round, its over.

• Like 1

Anybody who can't see this is a very good team isn't watching enough. Based on our payroll, we're exceptional and only second to the Pacers. I don't wanna start the endless debate, but if Josh played within himself we'd be so much more consistent through 48 minutes and have a chance of beating any team in a series that doesn't have a transcendent scorer, and there's only two teams in the East with those.

• Like 2

I would be very nice if we can win these next 2 or 3 road games. Because in March, this schedule is about to ratchet up BIG TIME

- LA Lakers ( 2 games )

- Denver

- Boston ( 2 games )

- Brooklyn ( 2 games )

- Milwaukee ( 2 games )

- Indiana

- Toronto ( who is vastly improved since getting Rudy Gay )

- Dallas

If we can win these next 3 games, that would push us to 34 - 23, and give us a little cushion in case we do falter in March. I just don't want to see them pull out a game in Milwaukee, only to give games back to Detroit and Utah.

As to how far this team can go . . . 2nd round. If we're a 4/5 seed, we're not beating Miami because for at least one of those home games, it's going to be a home game for them. Matter of fact, the only playoff series the Hawks have won without having home court advantage in recent years, is the 2011 series vs Orlando. And we'd had Orlando's number all year that year.

So we need to play a 2nd round team that we have consistently beaten, if we want to have a chance to advance to the EC Finals.

I'm sure that people may want to play Brooklyn in the 2nd round, if it came to that . . . for obvious reasons.

Second round is once again the limit for this team. Miami and Chicago would most likely be lurking if we won our first round series. And that series against either one of them would be ugly to watch.

• Premium Member

Anybody who can't see this is a very good team isn't watching enough. Based on our payroll, we're exceptional and only second to the Pacers. I don't wanna start the endless debate, but if Josh played within himself we'd be so much more consistent through 48 minutes and have a chance of beating any team in a series that doesn't have a transcendent scorer, and there's only two teams in the East with those.

I've been making that argument about Smoove for I don't know how many years. He's not going to do it. He wants to score and he wants to lead the team. Regardless, at our best...this is a 2nd round team. What's really sad is how weak our conference is this year and how people are actually excited about that.

• Moderators

The point is the EC sucks. Only Miami is probably not beatable in a 7 game series. I do agree that the nba will conspire to help the knicks, celtics and maybe the nets win. But here is the the difference between this team and the last few years:

THIS TEAM IF FULL OF GOOD 3 POINT SHOOTERS.

Jump shooting can kill you and take you a long way. As we've seen guys like Korver, Jenkins, Teague, Harris can get hot not just for a quarter but for friggin weeks. We can play good enough defense, we can rebound the ball well enough, we can get out and run with the best of them. Some hot shooting could take us to the ECF. Lets face it, the reason the celtics have done well has been a good bit of rondo and garnett and a whole lot to do with Ray Allen and pp nailing shots. You see how well its going without Ray.

• Like 1