• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge seeking trade

DrReality

• Premium Member

I have to admit, 21ppg and 9rpg sounds mighty enticing. Aldridge was 'the man' for his team and played well, perimeter oriented or not.

He and Horford are almost the same player. They would not work well together. Ideally we need a good low post center and move Horford to PF but I don't know if that will ever happen.

• Premium Member

He and Horford are almost the same player. They would not work well together. Ideally we need a good low post center and move Horford to PF but I don't know if that will ever happen.

I wasn't posting about them playing together. I was posting about trading one for the other. The Hawks really don't have anyone else to trade that Portland would want.

I think Nogueira is the guy that will eventually allow Atlanta to move Horford to power forward.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I wasn't posting about them playing together. I was posting about trading one for the other. The Hawks really don't have anyone else to trade that Portland would want.

I don't see the point. LMA is a little better offensively and Horford is a little better defensively. Both have the same skill set on offense so it isn't like we'd be getting a piece that meshes well with the rest of the team.

I think Nogueira is the guy that will eventually allow Atlanta to move Horford to power forward.

From your post to God's ear.

I like Aldridge a lot but agree with Soth...last couple years he just stands outside shooting jumpers. I don't think we have the trade pieces the Blazers are looking for and I am not trading Horford for Lamarcus.

Only if the basketball gods smile upon us

The only way this could or would work is if we waited until December. Then Korver, Teague, and Millsap become tradable if I am correct.

Idk how that would work, and I agree that Horford and Aldridge is a bit pointless.

Millsap-Korver for Aldridge is the only thing I think would entice them. They have guards.

• Moderators

The only way this could or would work is if we waited until December. Then Korver, Teague, and Millsap become tradable if I am correct.

Idk how that would work, and I agree that Horford and Aldridge is a bit pointless.

Millsap-Korver for Aldridge is the only thing I think would entice them. They have guards.

Teague is only tradeable if he agrees to the trade for the entire year. If Teague consents, this sounds right except I don't think Korver/Millsap would remotely entice them.

Portland is an amazing "small" city... One of my favorite in the country, not sure why he wants out...

Places like Portland, Cleveland, Milwaukee, and SLC, aren't exciting cities for rich African Americans. Most would rather not play there.