• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge seeking trade

DrReality

Hoops hypes headlined this and said Hawks are unwilling to part with HorfAny package we could send to entice them?Teague, 1st rounder, Williams? Pipe dream?

Portland will probably be looking for a big in exchange and DF is not trading Al, they would have no need for Teague with Lillard and CJ McCullum.

• Premium Member

If Horf is off the table then no trade will happen. That's the only trade that really makes sense at this point. I really don't want to see Horf go, but I wouldn't blame Ferry for at least considering it.

Aldridge is a good player, but IMO, he's not as good as Al Horford. Plus, Aldridge is also currently the most perimeter oriented big man in basketball. He took more long two point shots than anyone in the league this past year among the power forward group. I think it would be a bad fit to put two perimeter oriented bigs together like that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It said the Hawks already turned down a trade because they wanted Horford. He's our only real trade chip at this point.

It won't happen, but Alridge is the kind of 4 you need if the Hawks insist on playing Al at the 5. A guy who isn't undersized himself and score with his back to the basket.

Not sure if you've watched Aldridge play the last two seasons but he's almost completely regressed to a spot up shooter. I like Aldridge but he's really moved away from his low post game IMO to his detriment.

If it was Aldridge of 3-4 years ago, maybe....He's a jumpshooting 7-footer that pulls his "Big" away from the hoop; like some have said to the detriment of the Blazers...There's a reason they are looking to move him and it's because they want to run & gun with Lillard & McCollum

Realistically, we don't have anything to offer (Al isn't going anywhere) and it would have to be a 3-way deal...

I'd love to get Aldridge, because I believe that him and Al would work well together, especially with our new coach.

Portland is an amazing "small" city... One of my favorite in the country, not sure why he wants out...

Amazing small city if like me you like good coffee, organic restaurants, dog parks, a walkable downtown, etc, yes. Not so amazing to NBA players looking for a little more flash...

It won't happen, but Alridge is the kind of 4 you need if the Hawks insist on playing Al at the 5. A guy who isn't undersized himself and score with his back to the basket.

Then we'd have two of the biggest complainers about playing the 5. At least Al manned up and did it but Aldridge forced guys like 6'9" Hickson to play C because he's just that allergic to the position.

The best match would be Houston, as Aldridge's skill set and Howard's skill set are great fits together. Aldridge is a floor spacer, and he would help the Rockets space the floor for Howard down low.

In Atlanta, Horford is a floor spacer as well. Their skill set is too similar to one another to be a great fit.

• Like 1