• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

The guy is better than Omer Aisk. If he could stay healthy and play minute he could still be a top 10 NBA center with potential to be a top 5 center. This would be a great investment for us. I really don't mind if we offer 5 to 6 mil for him. Brandan Wright had serious injury issues, got his game back together and just got 2/10. This is a good investment.

That puff stuff is bad for your bones.Oden may have finally realized that or maybe not. lol I posted on here many moons ago before he was drafted that he was going to be a mega bust, brittle, lazy and toked too much. Could he have changed some of his old habits ?perhaps, perhaps not. He is no Asik, hez Bill Walton without all the hardware and skill.

This signing would have to do more with Muscala. I think Danny was counting on this dude making the team and being able to contribute a little. But, he is soft and drugstore cotton and can't play defense.

This is the backup plan to Mike not being able.

Edited by swolehawk2

Paul George torched us last year and put us behind the 8 ball with his play in GM's 1 and 2 because we did not have a legit starting SF who could guard anybody. Unless Carrol is that guy we didn't learn from our mistake. The closest thing to a legit starting lineup we have is:

Teague

Korver

Carrol

Milsap

Horford

Horford is still out of place and you really only have 3 legit starters and 2 guys that need to upgraded in Korver and Carrol.

This signing would have to do more with Muscala. I think Danny was counting on this dude making the team and being able to contribute a little. But, he is soft and drugstore cotton and can't play defense.

This is the backup plan to Mike not being able.

Was there ever any post summer league update on Muscala or Bebes injuries?

• Premium Member

I realize it has been a couple of years and what 3 knee surgeries ago but if you watched Oden play in the NBA you could clearly see the guy had enormous potential. He was productive esp. in terms of rebounding and defense. If he can stay healthy at all he could be an outright steal esp. as a backup center.

I trust our medical staff to make that determination if his knees are better or not.

Oh, come on, he was never considered for Serbian team, Red Star never intended to resing him, and he was lucky that coach Ivković was in Olympiakos. I don't agree that he is "late bloomer" more like "one and done" season player. I have no idea how he can play in the NBA because has no skills, mid range jumper is solid- but nothing spectacular,basically old, slow, and even for European conditions average player...is obvious that Ferry pick him up on the basis of recommendations from Miško Ražnjatović (his agent) and it only proves that Ferry has no idea what to do with the team.

Maybe Danny sees himself in Antić.

I realize it has been a couple of years and what 3 knee surgeries ago but if you watched Oden play in the NBA you could clearly see the guy had enormous potential. He was productive esp. in terms of rebounding and defense. If he can stay healthy at all he could be an outright steal esp. as a backup center.

I trust our medical staff to make that determination if his knees are better or not.

I believe he would have been a hellva player if he could have stayed healthy. He would have been a poor man's Shaq.

Let's see. Two people have seen this dude play. One of them thinks he'll be solid, one thinks he's a scrub. 80% of the board erupts calling for Ferry's head.

The great thing about this signing? It's one guaranteed year and the second one isn't. At worst, he's an expiring filler. At best, most of his skills translate and he's a better, bigger version of Ivan who we can keep or trade.

• Like 2

Ferry has a love affair with euros. I think Ferry is a bit of a know-it-all type. He thinks he knows more than he does about building. People are swearing by Dennis, I am not sold, I think all of his moves so-far leave something to be desired this one included. We need legit starters at the 2 and 3 positions plus a starting C and this is what we get. Ferry really isn't much different than Sund personnel wise

There are a lot of other teams you can/should go root for.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I would be Mr Bean's biggest fan if it meant spending a little time with his daughter!

Now there's something I didn't plan on Googling today.

(EDIT: Well! Somebody really takes after their momma.)

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2