• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

Not that impressed. His avg is 18.3 MPG, 6.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG. Per 28 minutes, 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG. He definitely plays more like a stretch four or five than a center. Maybe Ferry sees him as 3rd center off the bench and foul fodder, similar to Jason Collins. Link to page I found these stats on:http://www.in-the-game.org/stats.php?player=Antić,%20PERO&level=player&sub=summary

You really can't judge a euro big's nba readiness by his stats the position is so much different over there

Posted Image

Such a typical '80's movie.

Bet you were a big Kenny Loggins fan too.

Ha, I wasn't old enough to be a Kenny Loggins fan. I was 11 when Over The Top came out and it was awesome to me in the same way The Karate Kid movies were.
  • Like 1

Pero Antić is a Serbian player, with FYROM citizenship.

He isn't a Serbian player, he is born in Macedonia, he starts his career in Macedonia, he talks Macedonian, he also have a tatoo with Macedonian flag, etc, etc... Btw, national teams can only have one player from foreign country, and that player for Macedonia is the American Lester Bo McCalebb.

Btw, Antić is a good player, nice shot from distance, good free throws shooter, sound in defense, good dunker. Nice signing for Atlanta.

He's not C and never was, he's true PF. Pero is better Radmanovic version in overall and he loves to shoot 3pt airballs one after another. Just like Mirza Teletovic, he gonna have 3 3pt airballs in a row.BTW, same Mirza Teletovic from the Nets is better than Pero.

Edited by suiluap

1+1 contract means Lucas will be stashed overseas this year and possibly next year.

Is that guy Anderson still stashed down in Australia? Another overseas center hopeful. I've been waiting on that guy that was raved about by many for what 5, 7, or more years now? Is it soup yet?

Hawks going hard for Oden

• Like 1

• Moderators

#cvivfirecracker

~lw3

He isn't a Serbian player, he is born in Macedonia, he starts his career in Macedonia, he talks Macedonian, he also have a tatoo with Macedonian flag, etc, etc... Btw, national teams can only have one player from foreign country, and that player for Macedonia is the American Lester Bo McCalebb.

Btw, Antić is a good player, nice shot from distance, good free throws shooter, sound in defense, good dunker. Nice signing for Atlanta.

Ok. He tattooed Macedonian flag out of respect for Macedonian national team, but he is 100% Serbian.

Read wikipedia: http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE_%D0%90%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%9B

Check this out http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4LoG24x3ZEeosS9ku-yldjGjNR3lQqbNHnXa5oLz1eIV_XzKlhA

He is Delija, and you know what this means.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Is that guy Anderson still stashed down in Australia? Another overseas center hopeful. I've been waiting on that guy that was raved about by many for what 5, 7, or more years now? Is it soup yet?

You're a little late on this one, Endy. We traded Andersen awhile back to Rockets for a draft pick.

Ok. He tattooed Macedonian flag out of respect for Macedonian national team, but he is 100% Serbian.

Read wikipedia: http://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE_%D0%90%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B8%D1%9B

Check this out http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4LoG24x3ZEeosS9ku-yldjGjNR3lQqbNHnXa5oLz1eIV_XzKlhA

He is Delija, and you know what this means.

Like the guy before said. Pero Antić is macedonian. He most likely has some serbian roots because of his last name Antić.

He was born in Skopje, lived his whole youth in Skopje, started his basketball career in Skopje. His whole family lives in Skopje as does he. He's been playing for Macedonia for years before he played for Red Star. He's played for youth teams there and so on.

Just because he is a fan of Red Star, played there and has a tattoo of their supporters that doesn't make him serbian.

I've never heard him say any where that he was serbian. He even complained when they made a mistake last year on the Eurobasket site and had him listed as serbian. I'm sure he has some origin from serbia but that doesn't make him a serbian.

There were some talks back in the day that he might play for Greece. But he was very injury prone at the start of the 2000s and missed a lot of playing time. I think he even missed a season or two because of injury back then.

That said, he will be a bench player and I don't see him getting more than 5-6 min pre game. To be honest I don't know why they signed him at all.

• Like 2

Like the guy before said. Pero Antić is macedonian. He most likely has some serbian roots because of his last name Antić...

... I'm sure he has some origin from serbia but that doesn't make him a serbian.

There were some talks back in the day that he might play for Greece. But he was very injury prone at the start of the 2000s and missed a lot of playing time. I think he even missed a season or two because of injury back then.

That said, he will be a bench player and I don't see him getting more than 5-6 min pre game. To be honest I don't know why they signed him at all.

Thanks and welcome aboard Daminko! Hopefully you will make Hawksquawk a favorite on your browser and stick around until the regular season and participate in our chatroom during games (when it really gets fun Posted Image ).

Also thanks for the inside info - sounds like Pero is just another "pipe dream" for Hawks fans.

But posting about "Antić's Antics" would be fun.

P.S. - I heard about this young man from Mali that can make shots and can dunk the ball on the drive...he has been out of the game for a year and is a bit undersized for a SF but you get this kid back in shape and we should definitely sign him. 6-4 1/2 and big hops. (sarc/)

Edited by Marilyn