• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Premium Member

This season ain't even half over. I will roll with the anti Jinx though Joe is going for MVP of the nBA and MVP of the NBA finals 2014 baby! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotta think Prokhorov has some new steroids or something. He's got labs where people are working 24/7 to come up with the latest and greatest roids. And his first lab rat was JJ. AND THE DAMN THING WORKS!!!!! :-(That's the only explanation.Either that or Benihana's, cigars, and a lineup of Russia's best prostitutes waiting for JJ nightly. :-(

• Premium Member

The Nets have too much talent and experience to not have figured things out. They'll continue to climb in the standings. Now that the dream of getting an unearned lottery pick is over, the Hawks will have to find another way to obtain the assets needed to make this team a champion.

• Premium Member

this thread should be closed/deleted. The nets are 20-22 with the 2nd easiest schedule for the remainder of the season. They will probably even pass us soon in the standings.

I concur. It was a fun fantasy while it lasted but as usual the basketball gods only let Hawks fans have a morsel of hope before ruthlessly crushing us back to reality.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

this thread should be closed/deleted. The nets are 20-22 with the 2nd easiest schedule for the remainder of the season. They will probably even pass us soon in the standings.

Might as well at this point. Once they pass us in the standings, there's no incentive to trade picks.

• Premium Member

I feel Ferry doesn't care in the slightest about where the Nets finish in the standings. We are attempting to sell the system and team to potential FAs while having cap room to sign them. It's not lost on potential players we can go after that we are starting to gain more respect for our style. What FA would want to come here to watch JJ dribble the air out of the basketball before? I concur that this thread should be locked though. We shouldn't have our eggs in the draft basket. Pacers style of quality finds in middle of first round works fine IMO..Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

As far as this thread goes, I think people will continue to want to talk about our ability to swap picks and whether that seems like it is going to happen or not. Obviously, the Nets' resurgence is disheartening in conjunction with Horford's injury. The Nets aren't 9-1 good but they came into this season looking like the 3rd best team in the East so it would have been truly good fortune to see them land in the lottery. On the plus side, they are a single blow up away from putting 'lottery' back into the mix if there is a key injury, coach implosion, etc. all of which is very possible.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If you think that was the point you didn't read it. JJ like he was in Phoenix yes but Woodsons ISO Joe offense was a joke and was ridiculed by knowledgable nba folks.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I used to love JJ when he was in Phoenix and I was down with ISO Joe until I saw how easily it was shut down by good teams in the playoffs. The team is to blame for overpaying JJ I don't blame him one bit for signing the contract but JJ was paid like a superstar when he was just a great player. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I used to love JJ when he was in Phoenix and I was down with ISO Joe until I saw how easily it was shut down by good teams in the playoffs. The team is to blame for overpaying JJ I don't blame him one bit for signing the contract but JJ was paid like a superstar when he was just a great player.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to sidetrack this again by talking about JJ when he's in full blown KILL HAWKS mode but no player is going to look good in today's defense in the NBA in an ISO only offense. It is why it flat out does not work in the playoffs. I don't blame Joe for how idiotic the coaching from Woody he's no goody was.

• Like 1