• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What really bothers me about the Horford injury

Sothron

Horford has experienced good health for such an active center other than those two unfortunate plays. He could have been moved to PF and torn an ACL trying to guard one of the quicker PFs in the league. Injuries happen regardless of your size or what position you play.

• Like 4

It comes down to two things, one of which I think most people here with agree with and the other I'm sure is just going to be up for debate.

The first is that for all the people who made light of Horford saying for years that he wanted to play his natural position at power forward you are now seeing just utterly wrong you were. Al had one pectoral muscle torn because he was going up against a big center in Hibbert and the other arm? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that years of banging and banging and banging against guys far taller, larger and stronger have worn away at his body and it exposed him to freak injuries.

What's next? His back? Knees? Achilles tendon?

This man has been completely shortchanged by this organization and he knows it. This franchise has not had a real starting center since Deke was here. It boggles the mind that every year Al was here he asked for a center and to be moved to PF. And they flat out ignored him.

Now his career is in jeopardy. Frankly speaking the "never trade Horford" part of my mind and I believe most here has now been switched off. He's been run down and run over so much in his NBA career that his health is a legitimate concern that may be best by trading him for the most value we could get in the offseason.

The second thing that really bothers me is that this year's Hawks team is the most fun Hawks team I have watched in almost twenty years!!! Yes, they had no chance of winning a title but damn was it a joy to watch the half court offense. We had gorgeous spacing with smart, efficient play and now the best player on the team is out for the season. Seriously, God, seriously? Isn't it enough we're Hawks fans? Can't we at least enjoy a good thing while it lasts?

Shortchanged my ass. 12 million per year.

• Premium Member

I honestly thought that Al could handle the center position. I thought that if DeJuan Blair (he's a 6'7 CENTER) could do it, why not Al? Anyways though, I wish Al a speedy recovery.

Blair doesn't come close to playing the minutes that Horford does.

Blair doesn't come close to playing the minutes that Horford does.

Neither does he complain about playing center either. He improves his body so that he's capable to bang with bigs who are 2-5 inches taller than him. Not to hate on Al, but I wish he'd do the same as well.

• Premium Member

Neither does he complain about playing center either. He improves his body so that he's capable to bang with bigs who are 2-5 inches taller than him. Not to hate on Al, but I wish he'd do the same as well.

Uh, Blair spends most of his time at PF. He is a role player. Comparing him to Horford is completely unfair. Blair wouldn't make it through a season let alone seven of them at the level Al has.

• Like 1

Blair has much more body mass than Horford and plays a lot less minutes. VIA 82games, he plays PF more than anything. Horford plays 30-35 mins in every game and we rely on him like crazy. He's ran more miles than most bigs in the NBA via the NBA.com stat.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

Uh, Blair spends most of his time at PF. He is a role player. Comparing him to Horford is completely unfair. Blair wouldn't make it through a season let alone seven of them at the level Al has.

Sorry, I went off what ESPN has him listed as, and his most recent game, and no I'm not saying that he should be compared with Al talent wise. I'm just saying that if a coach can put a guy whose 6'7 at center, why can't Al?

Edited by ATLHawks3

• Premium Member

Sorry, I went off what ESPN has him listed as, and his most recent game, and no I'm not saying that he should be compared with Al talent wise. I'm just saying that if a coach can put a guy whose 6'7 at center, why can't Al?

Are you being serious? Not to sound mean but you really don't see a difference in a guy that might play 15 minutes MOSTLY at PF a night versus a guy spending 30-35 minutes a game solely at center for seven years plus counting pre season and post season? I mean it is literally like comparing apples and oranges.

What guys like Dolfan, atlhawks3 and HawksFanatić don't understand is how blessed we are to have Al. This mediocre team will see greatly the effects of Al and this could have been avoided FERRY.

Is it really wrong for me to want more from our best player?

What guys like Dolfan, atlhawks3 and HawksFanatić don't understand is how blessed we are to have Al. This mediocre team will see greatly the effects of Al and this could have been avoided FERRY.

What are you spouting off about now? I have never under appreciated Horford so don't run off at the mouth about something you're as usual clueless about. But yeah keep acting like this is because Al plays C. Brilliant
  • Like 3