• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kudos to Danny Ferry for Two F Grade Drafts.

LastDon

I like the Millsap signing, I initially thought I wouldn't but I truly have grown to have an appreciation for his game.. I will also eat crow and admit that Millsap is an upgrade over Josh for half the price.. However our team will never reach elite status due to its horrible draft record.. From John Konkack, to passing on Chris Paul for Marvin Williams.. Drafting Josh Childress over Iguadala.. Salim Stoudamire over Monta Ellis.. The cycle has continued right into the Ferry Era.

Passing over Tim Hardaway Jr. for Schröder was a huge mistake.. Honestly, I think we will regret taking Noguiera over Mason Plumlee who has also shown flashes when given playing time. And then what makes passing over Tim Jr. even more magnified is when you consider how sparingly Bud used Jenkins when he was healthy given journey men like Cartier Martin extended minutes.

The nucleus we had could have been solidified with a solid draft.. Things like this is why we will forever be average..

Edited by LastDon
  • Like 2

I like the Millsap signing, I initially thought I wouldn't but I truly have grown to have an appreciation for his game.. I will also eat crow and admit that Millsap is an upgrade over Josh for half the price.. However our team will never reach elite status due to its horrible draft record.. From John Konkack, to passing on Chris Paul for Marvin Williams.. Drafting Josh Childress over Iguadala.. Salim Stoudamire over Monta Ellis.. The cycle has continued right into the Ferry Era.

Passing over Tim Hardaway Jr. for Schröder was a huge mistake.. Honestly, I think we will regret taking Noguiera over Mason Plumlee who has also shown flashes when given playing time. And then what makes passing over Tim Jr. even more magnified is when you consider how sparingly Bud used Jenkins when he was healthy given journey men like Cartier Martin extended minutes.

The nucleus we had could have been solidified with a solid draft.. Things like this is why we will forever be average..

Still to early to write off the career of a 20 year old.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

Wow I did not realize the 19yr old was a bust already.. Notice howvthis guy neglected to mention Mike Scott who is having a beast night. Guess there will always be folks who are gonna b/@$#.. A b@$#/ is gonna find a reason

• Premium Member

I don't see how you can grade either drafts with a F?Mike Scott has been a great 2nd round pick, and Jenkins has been hurt. He'd fit right in though if we was healthy. Plus, Ferry wasn't even here until right before the draft. We seemed to use last years draft with picks we want to develop. That was the first draft that Ferry had with his scouting department.I don't think we should expect to see instant results with the rookies. Schröder is improving and I hope that Bebe can get healthy (I can see concerns on him).We are building for the future..the wins now are only coming because we have a great coach.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't think everyone should be dumping so hard on the OP here. I agree this is like judging a team 16 games into a season - too small a sample size but the actual production from the draft so far is terrible for the 3 first round picks. While there is plenty of time to validate these picks and catch up, the fact that I bet no one can find a team with lesser stats from their last 3 first round picks is enough of an argument to grant the OP freedom from ridicule.

The OP is really betting that there is no big improvement to come from Jenkins, Schröder and Bebe while the ones doing the ridiculing are betting on big jumps from at least 2 of the 3 players.

I can see the frustration with a roster that was built to win now and be financially flexible was paired with rookies who are slow-growth prospects more naturally paired with a tanking approach than a roster with playoff aspirations. I get that there will be some frustration from that disconnect.

• Like 4