• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?

Bonkers

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is Danny still a genius? When you guys thought we would get the Nets pick he was a genius. Is he still one now?

Jury still out. Even the best couldn't account for this many injuries. But I'm game for a good tanking now that we are down three centers, got DMC out all the time with a hammy, and Teague down for a third time with a bad ankle.

If it weren't for the recent injuries, and the Nets playing good ball of late, I would have wanted us to make the Playoffs. Now, I want us to lose as much as possible. I know we can't control injuries, but sheesh? Almost half the roster is injured!

It's not acceptance of losing. it's acknowledgment that the system rewards us more for losing than winning at this point.disclaimer: making the playoffs as a sub-.500 7 or 8-seed isn't establishing a 'winning' culture. Its solidifying your place as a league-wide joke.

Exactly

It's not acceptance of losing. it's acknowledgment that the system rewards us more for losing than winning at this point.disclaimer: making the playoffs as a sub-.500 7 or 8-seed isn't establishing a 'winning' culture. Its solidifying your place as a league-wide joke.

Not true.

If you're a team like the Bobcats this year, or the 2008 version of the Hawks, who hadn't made the playoffs in a long time, just getting in "the dance" will help you in the future. That first playoff series vs Boston definitely set the tone for the improvements we saw in the Hawks for the following 3 years after that. The same would happen for the Bobcats, if they were an 8th seed, but pushed Miami or Indiana to a Game 7 in the 1st round. If this year's Hawks team finished 38 - 44, but pushed Miami to a Game 7 and lost, I'd say that this entire fan base would be satisfied with their effort,

Now the question is . . . which is more important for the future? Establishing that we can play with the "big boys" in the playoffs, but losing . . . or acquiring a good to very good young talent in the draft?

I'm of the belief that . . . Talent >>>> System > Culture

So if the Hawks can't do better than the 7th seed and finish above .500, they may as well miss the playoffs and shoot for a top 12 pick to see if they can get some more talent here.

I would be more upset about us losing if we were healthy but with all these injuries we're a legitimately bad team now. No reason to get into the playoffs only to get eaten alive by the Pacers or the Heat in the first round. Lets get that lottery pick and pick up the pieces over the summer.

yes but it isn't etablishing a loosing culture, too. And this comes if you don't try to win as hard as possible, and this might even come with the coach rating developing over winning when he distributes the minutes. I think you always need a healthy mix with it, but missing the PO here means getting as high as possible in the lottery right? So if this get the plan, and the minutes get shifted the player get the feeling that they don't have to win, and that loosing games isn't bad. The good players, get also frustrated since they want to play more and don't see the reason why they are sitting on the bench etc. Which means loosing assets, or overpaying players. Even when you can take Cleveland as a positiv example when they drafted LBJ, they couldn't build a team around him and he left as soon as possible ... And when you look at the next years from cleveland, you see that even with good picks you rarely get player who can win Championships alone.

There are as many 8 seed team, who got slowly better with the right moves then teams who suck and get a contender. If it comes with injuries, like the spurs i think the succes rate is better, but i don't hope that anybody get injured.

Edited by CrazyEye

I was for tanking from the beginnig of the season. I knew Ferry hadn't put together a good enough team and that this was a super draft year. I would have either known I could put together a team that might bounce MIA or Indy or I would have set up for the future.

I've been quite unhappy with Ferries moves since the summer

Too much money for a very mediocre Teague. Too much money and too long for a career back up Korver. Bringing in Sap, a guy pushing us to the playoffs, but with no chance and not trading his very tradable deal. Assembling a team that was paper thin and only had about 5 legit NBA players on it.

Missing out on a golden tanking opportunity by doing all the above things.

Seems Ferry is just stuck in the middle, dosen't know what to do and keeps waffleing. Signs or re-signs playoff guys, follows by bringing in a bunch of DL or FIBA guys. Brings in Sap, but only signs him to two years and then doesn't trade him.

As I've saisd before; what's the plan? If it's to be mediocre, waiting for the FA that doesn't come, failing to trade mediocre for superstar and drafting mid first watching the years go by.. well f that

• Like 1