• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WOW ESPN reports Hawks mulling potential trades to bring in LeBron AND Melo!

GameTime

Maaaaaaaaan all of this suspense about the offseason in general has me wanting answers! It's a pipe dream but say if LeBron came to the Hawks without Melo, then who is no longer a Hawk? Who is no longer a Hawk with both LeBron and Melo?

Maaaaaaaaan all of this suspense about the offseason in general has me wanting answers! It's a pipe dream but say if LeBron came to the Hawks without Melo, then who is no longer a Hawk? Who is no longer a Hawk with both LeBron and Melo?

http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/395137-peachtree-hoops-how-lebron-james-and-carmelo-anthony-can-be-atlanta-hawks/

• Like 1

Nah it's all good spud you aren't messing anything up. I just limit it in case everyone is going crazy and liking every single post. Just heading it off before it becomes an issue.

*slowly plotting protest on Hawksquawk if this Lebron/Melo thing doesn't happen*

tumblr_n4thmtT9AQ1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

• Like 1

The site would be unbearable probably if this happens but I can't say I wouldn't love it lol

• Like 1

Btw, FC Bayern or who?

Hertha BSC Berlin

Born there and my family base.

Also NEC Nijmegen in Holland

Lived there for 15 years. Now live across the border in Germany again(Cleves). Played for the NEC youth-team. Almost made it at the °10. Btw if you watch the current Worlcup in Brazil, both Jasper Cillessen and Jermaine Lens played for NEC. 1st league team for 20 years, but we relegated this year.

So no Bayern, but the Miami hate is similar to Bayern hate. I for one though never hated Bayern. Im no fan of them either, but I respect them and admire them as well. Mostly because they helped Hertha Berlin allot, when the only big capitol team always played second league. Bayern gave us cash and youth players till we made it back to the 1st league.

Bayern is also superbly run, and the best of it is, is that its run by former players, not manager types. Bayern has the most self-generated cash of any football club in the world. They dont have debts, shady investors or any of that nonsense. It shows that economics is not magic, only a worshipped proffesional class can fathom. No, it just needs the right people doing the right things on the right spot.

Almost every big club in europe is run by business-degree leeches. Almost all of them are in huge debt and sustained by the taxpayers. Bayern the contary, and with normal "jocks" at the helm.

I think that problem is kinda examplary of whats going on the large scale of global economics, and I think Bayern is a great example of how it should be done.

Also every game they have 10k tickets for 7€, for people that are "socially disadvantged", like people on welfare or with hadicaps. While they could easily fill the arena with normal tickets.

So they are normal people, running a club the best way possible, and take care also less fortunate are part of the club.

I cant hate on Bayern.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

Shit man I thought that happened then had to double check and see what forum it was posted in.

That would be amazing. I know Jeff is worth a lot more than that but it is what it is. They got 3 weeks to use their TPE anyway.

Hey, just feed us the sausage, we don't want to know how it's made. I'm just kidding, you and @Spud2Nique waxing poet about the meat-packing district had me thinking about sausage. Wait, what?

Lmao. We don't have great sausages here...we have quite a few tho :-/ Our fish tacos are decent too...:-|

• Premium Member

Hertha BSC Berlin

Born there and my family base.

Also NEC Nijmegen in Holland

Lived there for 15 years. Now live across the border in Germany again(Cleves). Played for the NEC youth-team. Almost made it at the °10. Btw if you watch the current Worlcup in Brazil, both Jasper Cillessen and Jermaine Lens played for NEC. 1st league team for 20 years, but we relegated this year.

So no Bayern, but the Miami hate is similar to Bayern hate. I for one though never hated Bayern. Im no fan of them either, but I respect them and admire them as well. Mostly because they helped Hertha Berlin allot, when the only big capitol team always played second league. Bayern gave us cash and youth players till we made it back to the 1st league.

Bayern is also superbly run, and the best of it is, is that its run by former players, not manager types. Bayern has the most self-generated cash of any football club in the world. They dont have debts, shady investors or any of that nonsense. It shows that economics is not magic, only a worshipped proffesional class can fathom. No, it just needs the right people doing the right things on the right spot.

Almost every big club in europe is run by business-degree leeches. Almost all of them are in huge debt and sustained by the taxpayers. Bayern the contary, and with normal "jocks" at the helm.

I think that problem is kinda examplary of whats going on the large scale of global economics, and I think Bayern is a great example of how it should be done.

Also every game they have 10k tickets for 7€, for people that are "socially disadvantged", like people on welfare or with hadicaps. While they could easily fill the arena with normal tickets.

So they are normal people, running a club the best way possible, and take care also less fortunate are part of the club.

I cant hate on Bayern.

Will you forgive me if I confess that Basti is my all time favorite player? Bastian Schweinsteiger for those on here who don't know who I am talking to. I absolutely love his unselfish nature and his ability to read a play and react to it are just fantastic. His form is excellence.

That is awesome that you played for a youth squad! What was your position if I can ask?

I root for Celtic in SPL, Arsenal in BPL and Bayern in Bundesliga. When Atlanta's team comes in play in 2017 I will finally start paying attention to the MLS and cheering for the Atlanta team. I am glad to see that you don't at least hate FC Bayern because frankly they are probably the best run team in organized football the world over.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The title of this post is what would it take?

Today we have $48,716,058 in Salary. That means we have $14,483,942 in cap space presently. I figure it would take $32,000,000 in capspace to sign both Melo and Lebron. That means we have to cut $17,516,058 to get them both. We also have to sign Bebe so that’s another $900,000 =$18,416,058 to clear.

First things first… we draft Dario Saric. He’s already a cash stash. We take another Europlayer in the 2nd round.

SNT for Melo: Horf+ Lou = $17,450,000

We still need to cut: $966,058.

Here’s where the hard choice comes in but it’s not so hard if you want to win something.

Trading Millsap for Asik. We get basically 1,200,000 in this trade.

After we’ve sign Melo and Lebron, we can spend the MLE on Scott, Mack, and Muscala

Our team looks like this:

Asik, Bebe, Muscala.

Melo, Scott.

Bron, DMC

Korver, Jenkins,

Teague, Schröder, Mack

Will you forgive me if I confess that Basti is my all time favorite player? Bastian Schweinsteiger for those on here who don't know who I am talking to. I absolutely love his unselfish nature and his ability to read a play and react to it are just fantastic. His form is excellence.

That is awesome that you played for a youth squad! What was your position if I can ask?

I root for Celtic in SPL, Arsenal in BPL and Bayern in Bundesliga. When Atlanta's team comes in play in 2017 I will finally start paying attention to the MLS and cheering for the Atlanta team. I am glad to see that you don't at least hate FC Bayern because frankly they are probably the best run team in organized football the world over.

Yeah Basti is a great player, turned around the game against Ghana the other day when he got subbed in(why the coach dont start him this tournament!?). Also for a white as they get player he has quite some swagger in his game. Also a good basketball player btw.

Big talents usually play any ballgame well once playing it enough.

I played as a classical °10 as I said. Thats in offensive/central midfield with the freedom to expand to wherever is clever. Its sort of like the pointguard position, in the sense that defenders and midfielders large parts of the game try and give you the ball to innitiate the offense.

But I played it oldschool ala Mattheus, Stojtskov, etc playing lots of long passes and being halfarsed on defense when I felt like it, but a real tiger defensivly when it mattered. Pretty common back in the days, but today that kind of style is no longer feasible. °10 today are Neymar, Messi etc, playing allot more as a "shadow stricker" more near the goal, with the game being innitiated allot more by wingers.

I also btw played allot of games in the park in Berlin with Kevin Prince Boateng, who played against USA last week for Ghana. I taught him and his little brother who plays for Germany, long passes back in the days. I still can see the high-tempo backshlashing style they gathered from me.

Kinda makes me proud.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 2

I'm a LeBron fan and I'm still not excited. His team still got trashed with 3 HOFs alongside him. Give me Lance and ridiculous Spur depth and versatility through the bottom of the roster. Definitely want no part of Melo.

ha ha. Melo is not Lebron; Lebron is always going to be worth more than you could pay him. I'm just not excited because I doubt it (bron to hawks) would happen.

I'm a LeBron fan and I'm still not excited. His team still got trashed with 3 HOFs alongside him. Give me Lance and ridiculous Spur depth and versatility through the bottom of the roster. Definitely want no part of Melo.

The Spurs are like the 2004 Pistons. They're the exception and not the rule.