• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

You'd rather still have Lou and Cartier for more money instead of Thabo then, I suppose.

It bothers me that Ferry would trade basically a first round pick and Lou to free up money to sign a role player.

No, it's not Speedy Claxton bad or anything like that, but I expected something more.

It bothers me that Ferry would trade basically a first round pick and Lou to free up money to sign a role player.

No, it's not Speedy Claxton bad or anything like that, but I expected something more.

It's day 3 of FAcy. This is the beginning, not the ending. And, depending how the Thabo signing is handled/timed, Hawks still may have $15mil in cap space to work with.

The Bebe pick was a mistake...it sucked balls as I thought it would...a waste.

DF screwed up but at least he ditched the mistake instead of hanging onto it and hoping forever.  Basically we lost a mid-round 1st pick for nothing.  Messed it up...don't do it again.

Taay...eeee...bo - or whatever will be a solid asset going forward.

Lou Williams was a nice guy for a year or so but he didn't fit - so off he went.

The Bebe pick was a mistake...it sucked balls as I thought it would...a waste.

DF screwed up but at least he ditched the mistake instead of hanging onto it and hoping forever.  Basically we lost a mid-round 1st pick for nothing.  Messed it up...don't do it again.

Taay...eeee...bo - or whatever will be a solid asset going forward.

Lou Williams was a nice guy for a year or so but he didn't fit - so off he went.

Jenkins does not look that great either.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11173701/atlanta-hawks-reach-agreement-free-agent-thabo-sefolosha

The facebook comments at the bottom are mixed. I'm getting the feeling that many of the people bashing the deal are Thunder fans.

Hawks getting laughed at:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345272

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11173701/atlanta-hawks-reach-agreement-free-agent-thabo-sefolosha

The facebook comments at the bottom are mixed. I'm getting the feeling that many of the people bashing the deal are Thunder fans.

Hawks getting laughed at:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=345272

There's been several news articles from various sites about it and most of them are negative as well. Definite feeling is that we really overpaid for a guy that, like I said, could have been had with the vet. min.

• Premium Member

This is a good bench depth signing. The most important thing is that he plays good perimeter defense (which we need) and has the ability to shoot the three ball at a high clip. Bud's system might take his game to another level. Plus we got a guard at a cheaper price then Lou. We as Hawks fans maybe just maybe need to think about the All-stars we do have and think about the time to resign them. Maybe Horford will be our next big signing. Think about it Horf's next contract could look like 5yr 75mil or 5yr 70mil,and we better pay him cause if we don't someone will.Let's not forget about Millsap as well. Besides 3yr 12mil is a good price for what he brings.     

We fixed a weakness. Why cry ? People dont realize how poorly coached the Thunder are even with 2 of the leagues top 10 play3rs and a third thats dpoy caliber. Ferry knows Thabo wont be as bad as he was last year, especially not with us. I see another DMC type player added to the bench improving our depth with someone who can play d and space the floor. The terms of the deal werent a steal, but 4 mil a

year isnt bad for someone who probably shouldve made an all defensive team at some point in his career. I think he is an upgrade overall from lou williams for this team.

• Like 2

The end of the argument for me and the thing that makes me think you guys slamming this are missing the point is the FACT that Bud has seen this guy up close and personal many time vs the Spurs and Bud went out of his way to let Ferry know he wanted him. That alone should tell y'all everything you need to know about what he thinks of Thabo.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We fixed a weakness. Why cry ? People dont realize how poorly coached the Thunder are even with 2 of the leagues top 10 play3rs and a third thats dpoy caliber. Ferry knows Thabo wont be as bad as he was last year, especially not with us. I see another DMC type player added to the bench improving our depth with someone who can play d and space the floor. The terms of the deal werent a steal, but 4 mil a

year isnt bad for someone who probably shouldve made an all defensive team at some point in his career. I think he is an upgrade overall from lou williams for this team.

If this was three years ago, i would be like... Aight... bet.  However, this is this year and he seems to have taken an awfully big step down.  I would have rather seen a second or third year TO.  Right now, he's bench fodder behind DMC and he's guaranteed money and not as good as Brand was last year.

• Like 1

I'll withhold judgment on this one. Is it an overpay? Perhaps. But who else could they get at that price who we wouldn't be laughing at? Ariza and Parsons weren't walking through that door for that; hell, even Jodie effin Meeks got more than that. While I still contend that they should've addressed the wing situation in the draft, what's done is done now.

And while I'd love for Lebron or Carmelo to walk through the door, it's just not happening, folks. And as much as I like Luol Deng, I don't like him for $12M+ if he ends up getting that kind of scratch. So they have to bring in SOMEBODY who have played decent ball before. Not exactly a first choice free agent but not a D-leaguer or a way beyond his prime Tracy McGrady either...

Edited by Dejay

• Premium Member

If this was three years ago, i would be like... Aight... bet.  However, this is this year and he seems to have taken an awfully big step down.  I would have rather seen a second or third year TO.  Right now, he's bench fodder behind DMC and he's guaranteed money and not as good as Brand was last year.

I don't like the guaranteed money part either. Maybe he had another deal on the table and we had to sweeten ours to get him? I don't know. That being said, I don't think it's fair to say he has taken an awfully big step down. An understanding of probability will tell you that if you give a career 35% three point shooter 150 shots, he will probably make between 42 and 63 of them (28% to 42%). His numbers from last year (48/152, 32%) certainly fall in that window.

Is it possible that he has taken a step down? Yes, but I don't think there is enough evidence to support that. We know he can play defense (former all-defensive second team), we need some wings, and he's a career 35% shooter from three. Despite the guaranteed money, it looks like a good move to me.

Edited by supermariowest

Vet min???? That's just ludicrous.  Or ludacrisp, if you're a Tyson fan.

Edited by drzachary

We still have capspace...