• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

Didn't get to see the game as usual, nor did I get to record it bc living in TN fox sports always plays the grizzlies games over hawks games and damn it I'm pissed!!! If there was ever a game I wanted to see it was this one. This team seems to play the type of basketball that can win those games that we've been unable to win in april May and possibly June. The teams with joe and josh own lots of games and were talented but you just knew that it wasn't the type of ball that would get u to far when it really mattered...but what we're doing now is a thing of beauty. Don't change a thing about this team. No trades!!!!! Ride it out. Bud and Ferry I believe in you!!!!!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I've got to give Bud and Danny a lot of credit. The Hawks under the prior regime had no identity(not one anyone would want). They have truly changed the culture of this team and given them an identity. Anyone that's ever tried to change the culture of a bad business team or organization will appreciate how difficult that truly is.

This team is like Chucky you can't kill them. This team is truly 12+ deep every player can contribute and plays with intensity. We are overwhelming people with our waves and waves of players. It's like a military offensive.

I do dub this team. "48 minutes of hell" that's got to be what our opponents think.

Underrated little performance of the day to me has to be Kyle Korver's. He didn't score the points or have the stats but I'm telling you watching that white russian dude almost puke out his lungs from having to chase him all over the court was awesome. Love the way our players play the game. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just what we need, Skip Bayless on our bandwagon. I despise that man.

C'mon, man, a bandwagon is never too big. Let's enjoy the ride!

GO HAWKS!

TY Bud and Ferry!

It's certainly a good time to be a true believer!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 2

Didn't get to see the game as usual, nor did I get to record it bc living in TN fox sports always plays the grizzlies games over hawks games and damn it I'm pissed!!! If there was ever a game I wanted to see it was this one. This team seems to play the type of basketball that can win those games that we've been unable to win in april May and possibly June. The teams with joe and josh own lots of games and were talented but you just knew that it wasn't the type of ball that would get u to far when it really mattered...but what we're doing now is a thing of beauty. Don't change a thing about this team. No trades!!!!! Ride it out. Bud and Ferry I believe in you!!!!!

A 6 month purchase of ballstreams is worth every penny if you have a little extra money laying around.

Heck its christmas time. Sounds like the perfect gift request.

• Like 3

Well its a good thing that stats dont win games. Our coaching is miles ahead of Washington. I'm confident that we will be the better team come april.

That's the biggest difference. Both teams fit for what they do. Washington has more talent. We have more depth. But the big difference is coaching. Wittman is an okay coach. He's not as good as Washington coaches of the past. He's on Eddie Jordan's level. Bud coaching talent is elite. He as talented as Pop. Atlanta is a talented team. We fit what we do. We need more low post scoring and size but overall we are fine. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Anybody else listen to NBARadio this morning on the drive in?  Glorious.

Apparently Blatt was "embarrassed" by the loss and apologized to the "good fans who always come out".

When Lebrunne was asked if he was embarrassed he snapped at the reporter, "Do you always ask negative questions?".  Reporter said that's what the coach said to which Lebrughn explained that he's "embarrassed by losing in the Finals".  Wha?

That team clearly gave up last night.  They hit us early, we responded and they went away and hid.  No fight.  Complete front-running team.

Chicago shill, Stacey King, gave us a lot of love.  Said, as many of us did, that team is full of perennial losers.  They probably look at the 14-10 record and think, "Man what's everybody so upset about.  That's 4 games over .500!"  

Knick shill, Isola, theorizes the Cavs are a dysfunctional team but also talked us up big-time.

I know, I know, it means nothing and next week they'll be back to over-looking us.  Still, made for a fun drive into the ol' office.

When Lebrunne was asked if he was embarrassed he snapped at the reporter, "Do you always ask negative questions?".  Reporter said that's what the coach said to which Lebrughn explained that he's "embarrassed by losing in the Finals".  Wha?

That sounds like the type of answer Prince would give if he wasn't cool, continually copied others, and somehow played basketball...

..."why don't you purify yourself in Lake Eerie"

I love seeing that point differential spike to 6. We're still the lone East Team who's Top 10 in Defensive and Offensive Efficiency if you're into that type of thing, usually a sign of a contender along with San An, GS, Memphis, and Portland (no Houston, Toronto, or Washington). Sounds good to me.

The offense can't work any better, I'm most impressed with the strides this team has taken on defense. They know the key areas and players' tendencies they want to cut off, then they swarm like gang tacklers cutting off passing lanes while everyone's man is accounted for. Bud has somehow made the guys believe opponents can't move faster than our passing but we can move faster than theirs.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1