• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford's presence equals wins ESPN IN

asdogg

This writer is talking nonsense I was told by all the Squawk experts he is just an average center that can't defend or rebound. These GM ' S are smoking that good stuff.

I was also dumb enough to suggest Cleveland should be pursuing AL rather than Love. Think about how much better that Cavs team would be with Horford instead of Love. Danny Ferry would have laughed but that package would have been tempting.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 2

This writer is talking nonsense I was told by all the Squawk experts he is just an average center that can't defend or rebound. These GM ' S are smoking that good stuff.

I was also dumb enough to suggest Cleveland should be pursuing AL rather than Love. Think about how much better that Cavs team would be with Horford instead of Love. Danny Ferry would have laughed but that package would have been tempting.

All good GMs smoke the good stuff.........big_boss.gif

• Premium Member

I may love this team more than the 93-94 Hawks (before "The Trade").

I started following this team in 96 and this is by far the best team I've seen. Scary thing is, I think we can definitely play even better (Horf has not hit his stride, Mills hopefully will start getting some calls, Jeff getting back from injury)

• Premium Member

Horford's presence equals wins

By Jeff Goodman

ESPN Insider

nba_u_horford11_576x324.jpgAl Horford has averaged 18.3 points over his past four games for the Hawks. 

"No one is scared of playing them without Horford," one NBA GM said. "They could be a lottery team without him. I know that Millsap put up better numbers last year, but Horford is the better player when he's 100 percent -- and it's not even close."

fan_1.gif

• Like 1

Well, look at the contracts these GM's handout. Are we really going to call these guys experts?

Al has been a big factor over the last several games, but there is some hyperbole in this article.

Well, look at the contracts these GM's handout. Are we really going to call these guys experts?

Al has been a big factor over the last several games, but there is some hyperbole in this article.

Every listing of top players over the last 2-3 years has consistently put Al in the top 25 payers in the league. He dipped this year because of injury. Those Florida teams, every player and coach on the team to a man said he was the best player. Grantland had an entire article this summer outlining his impact on the game.

To use the words of the great Denny Green Al Horford is who I thought he was. He's not even really back yet. The stats, pundits, players, coaches and Brazilian super models all say yes. What are we arguing at this point? He's not LeBron and KD? Ok you got me; I can't box with you on that one.

Ironically if I could offer Al any criticism it's that he's to unselfish. He could easily average 20+ points a game, but his time at Florida has convinced that's not the way to win a championship. In the playoffs we may need him to be the man. I hope he'll be ready.

Edited by ATLien_

The Hawks have some nice players, but you don't win without stars in the NBA, and Horford is the star of this team both on the court and off. Sure, Jeff Teague has made tremendous strides over the past couple of years and leads the team in scoring. The addition of Paul Millsap a year ago was huge. Kyle Korver is as effective a pure shooter as there is in the league, and guys like DeMarre Carroll and Mike Scott are both playing well again this season. And second-year man Dennis Schröder has upped his game.

But the only way this team is going to remain near the top of the league is if Horford stays on the court.

"When he's healthy, he's one of the top 25 players in this league," another high-ranking NBA executive said. "He plays both ends of the court, and that's what separates him from some of the other big men. Sure, Dwight Howard is better defensively -- but he can't really score. Kevin Love is a better offensive player, but he doesn't guard. Horford does it all."

One NBA executive put the difference between Horford in or out of the lineup over an 82-game schedule at about 10 victories. Another said that figure might even be a bit conservative.

The team barely missed a beat when Al was out the first time. 

I'm going to go through the list of guys that I think is better than Al:

Lebron

Durant

Westbrook

Curry

Harden

Davis

Chris Paul

Blake Griffin

LaMarus Aldridge

Damien Lillard

Dwight Howard

Dwayne Wade

Kyle Lowlry

John Wall

Marc Gasol (Debatable)

Chris Bosh

People might argue that guys like Jimmy Butler, Noah, Mello, Irving, Duncan, Parker an some others are better.

Even if we say that Al is better than Millsap... The gap is not as big as the article implies.

I'm not saying the article is all bogus or anything. Plenty of good points were made.

Chris Bosh is not better than Al!

Yeah, when you are talking about playing both sides of the court and putting Harden on the list of players better than Al then I know some aspects of these guys games is not being considered on this list.

One of the articles main premises was that AL is a better all around player. That means defense and leadership as well.

• Like 1

I started following this team in 96 and this is by far the best team I've seen. Scary thing is, I think we can definitely play even better (Horf has not hit his stride, Mills hopefully will start getting some calls, Jeff getting back from injury)

I think 97 we started out 11-0. That was an excellent team. And I believe we had a 15-1 or something like that start earlier in the 90's.

This team is certainly more exciting and I love cheering for them being underdogs.

I'm going to go through the list of guys that I think is better than Al:

Lebron

Durant

Westbrook

Curry

Harden

Davis

Chris Paul

Blake Griffin

LaMarus Aldridge

Damien Lillard

Dwight Howard

Dwayne Wade

Kyle Lowlry

John Wall

Marc Gasol (Debatable)

Chris Bosh

People might argue that guys like Jimmy Butler, Noah, Mello, Irving, Duncan, Parker an some others are better.

Even if we say that Al is better than Millsap... The gap is not as big as the article implies.

I'm not saying the article is all bogus or anything. Plenty of good points were made.

Replace Bosh with Cousins . He's putting up 24 ptsand 12 rebs a game

Paul George could be another guy...