Official Game Thread: Hawks - Thunder

lethalweapon3

The thing we have to remember is we have two All-stars already on this team (AL and Millsap)...Teague is All-Star quality and Korver is the best shooter in the whole damn league...That leaves our "other starter" - DMC who is basically a combo of Dennis Rodman/Cooper - with a jump shot.

We actually have the best starting five in the Eastern Conference.

Seriously - we go (AL) 6-9 1/2...Sap 6-8...DMC 6-7...Korver 6-7 and Jeff 6-2...all extremely athletic...and then have to deal with our backups?...who are about the same sized...except for Dennis who is just fast as sh!t.

That's just the way it is.....

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 3

Paul Millsap is so cool to watch playing for us. I really wanted us to draft him (lead the ncaa in rebounding three years in a row) but we had the really high pick and I actually thought we were doing OK drafting the Dookie "Landlord". If I remember right we didn't have a second round pick due to BK's trades. So Sap went to Utah and worked his ass off (and made a lot of money along the way - so you can't give those Mormons too much sh!t)...

...and finally he is with us peanut-butter-jelly-time.gif

Nope we had a second round pick. We just passed on Millsap for Solomon freakin Jones. Still hate that draft with a passion. Full fledged fail mode

Nope we had a second round pick. We just passed on Millsap for Solomon freakin Jones. Still hate that draft with a passion. Full fledged fail mode

Bad decision, but how do you know? Know we do... Proven. Pay the guy. Bring him back, no question.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He has a big hand in this but you gotta credit coach Bud and the players who bought in to this selfless style of play. They're the ones out there winning games.

ABSOLUTELY!

Both the racist prick and the drunkard coach, not to mention the players themselves, are responsible for all of this. 

I just wanted to make it clear it all started with Danny. The man has built the team from Horf-Teague up.

As for the game...

They got Kevin Durant...

They got Wussell West-hooker...

They got the refs through all of the 4th...

AND WE STILL WON BY 10! line%20dance.gif 

Excellent job, Hawks, congrats on the new record!

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

teamwork - do you think  the league is going to get back to playing real basketball with players that are willing to scrap , play defense and hustle ??  Hawks have proven that desire and hard work more than make up for the " Superstar " requirement. 

I dont know what Ferry saw in this bunch cause most  have bounced around the league or just never quite made their mark - BUT collectively they bring their own unique set of skills that make the sum of the parts much greater than the individual pieces - hats off to Danny Ferry for making us all forget  what a dysfunctional bunch ownership is - and last but not least FREE DANNY FERRY !!

• Like 1

I was impressed with the Robeson kid, he's just eaten all of Jeremy Lambs minutes. He did a job on Kyle, made him swallow at least 5 attempts.

I forgot to check the Thunder's SB board, going to do that right now. I want to know what their fans think of Westbrook causing Ibaka to check out after their little spat and why Jackson doesn't play point alongside Russell.

• Premium Member

I was impressed with the Robeson kid, he's just eaten all of Jeremy Lambs minutes. He did a job on Kyle, made him swallow at least 5 attempts.

I forgot to check the Thunder's SB board, going to do that right now. I want to know what their fans think of Westbrook causing Ibaka to check out after their little spat and why Jackson doesn't play point alongside Russell.

Can you post some of the highlights of you have time? Ty

Can you post some of the highlights of you have time? Ty

Well, most of the hate when Kendrick Perkins is on a team is directed at Kendrick Perkins. They weren't pleased with their whole front, but a majority of them seemed to realize our Bigs' skill set is a mismatch for what they have.

Bud tends to make opposing fans hate their coaches for that particular night, nothing new there. They'll love him the next game. Every coach experiences matchup and lineup issues against us according to the fans, go figure. It's funny how they always have the answers, though. Its interesting becuase usually it's some DNP'd journeyman in the doghouse they think would've done better. After they debate why said player didn't play more, the trade proposals start rolling in. That's the best part. Especially when their rosters are upwards of $20 million more expensive than ours, still looking for those one or two pieces, smh.

They were lukewarm on KD's performance, most have no problem with Westbrook's mistakes becuase he plays with so much fire all the time.

Their issue isn't Westbrook and Jackson, but Waiters and Jackson. They apparently are totally unable to play together. I haven't seen any evidence that Waiters can play with anyone. You can't find a way to succeed as an off guard with LeBron you're a lost cause.

They were disappointed only one player met with Thabo after the game (I forgot who, but I think KD). Thabo is a class act and deserved better. Russ apparently didn't care for Thabo in their time together. Kinda tells you about Westbrook's character and their whole team I guess: Thabo is beloved in our locker room.

Other than that, all the usual "we got out-coached", "they move the ball so well", "all 5 guys can shoot," "Spurs East," "ECF" talk.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

They were disappointed only one player met with Thabo after the game (I forgot who, but I think KD). Thabo is a class act and deserved better. Russ apparently didn't care for Thabo in their time together. Kinda tells you about Westbrook's character and their whole team I guess: Thabo is beloved in our locker room.

I didn't hear about that. Did Thabo mention only one player met with him after the game? That is pretty low if it is true and I'm sure Thabo must feel great now about playing on a team with such amazing chemistry. The complete opposite of what they seem to have going on over there.

Well, most of the hate when Kendrick Perkins is on a team is directed at Kendrick Perkins. They weren't pleased with their whole front, but a majority of them seemed to realize our Bigs' skill set is a mismatch for what they have.

Bud tends to make opposing fans hate their coaches for that particular night, nothing new there. They'll love him the next game. Every coach experiences matchup and lineup issues against us according to the fans, go figure. It's funny how they always have the answers, though. Its interesting becuase usually it's some DNP'd journeyman in the doghouse they think would've done better. After they debate why said player didn't play more, the trade proposals start rolling in. That's the best part. Especially when their rosters are upwards of $20 million more expensive than ours, still looking for those one or two pieces, smh.

They were lukewarm on KD's performance, most have no problem with Westbrook's mistakes becuase he plays with so much fire all the time.

Their issue isn't Westbrook and Jackson, but Waiters and Jackson. They apparently are totally unable to play together. I haven't seen any evidence that Waiters can play with anyone. You can't find a way to succeed as an off guard with LeBron you're a lost cause.

Other than that, all the usual "we got out-coached", "they move the ball so well", "all 5 guys can shoot," "Spurs East," "ECF" talk.

Great post, it was Ibaka that met with him though

Oh, well if that's the case, then, when does Ibaka hit free agency?

2017 he is an unrestricted free agent. He would fit well with us ...a big who can shoot. Wouldn't be surprised if Bud made him a better 3pt shooter as well.

• Moderators
  • Like 3