• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Interested In Ray Allen

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

6457.jpg

The Hawks are interested in acquiring free-agent shooting guard Ray Allen , according to a report from ESPN's Ryen Russillo.

However, Russillo reports that the Cavaliers are still the favorite to sign Allen. If Allen chose Cleveland, he would reunite with LeBron James, who he was a teammate with in Miami. In Atlanta, he'd add yet another three-point scoring threat to a team that's shooting 38.8 percent from behind the arc.

Allen holds a career scoring average of 18.9 points per game, while shooting 40 percent from three.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25051281/report-hawks-interested-in-signing-ray-allen

Not sure how reliable Ryen Russilo is tho.

• Moderators

Another report said that Ray doesn't plan on making a decision until after the All-Star break.  Not sure if I want him this late in the season.  He'd only have half of February, March, and April to learn Bud's system before the playoffs.  But Allen is a smart guy, so we'll see.

Excellent points abut Ray essentially taking Kyle's role. I'd been focused more on a wing defender, but this team seems to get in more trouble when the second unit can't keep up the scoring pace. Ray, in theory, could fix that. 

Of course they would then cut Jenkins- who probably then signs with the Cavs.

Ray would do nothing for us defensively. I know he stays in optimum shape, but I also doubt if a 39 year old with his mileage can run with one of the best conditioned teams in the NBA.

He could be stashed away for the postseason like Elton. I trust the brass would make the proper decision after seeing him work out.

Must be nice to feel that you are the one player that could win or lose

the championship for a top team and you're not even playing.

Hawks have one of the finest pure shooters in the NBA and he can't

be found on the floor.  Don't know why Bud refuses to try to further

develop him. 

Replace JJ with Ray Allen.  Watch JJ become a Cav and star with

The King!

Right now, the two most feared teams in the east are Cleveland and Atlanta.

Either one is capable of winning it all.  Cleveland buried the Clippers

last night and made them look sick.

Tonight, Golden State comes to visit.   Should be a great game!

GO ATL !

• Like 2

• Premium Member

He is not going anywhere other than with Lebron.

You got that right.  No way Ray does not run to his newest boo thang Bron.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I am in the crowd that would like to see this happen for the cost of Jenkins.  The fact that Ferry didn't reup Jenkins and Bud doesn't trust him to play tells me that we aren't giving up much.  I'd definitely risk that for an aging Allen.

• Like 4