• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Private agendas still at play in Hawks’ offices

Admin

I doubt Bud wants both roles.  He's not even the acting GM right now anyway.  How about a list of teams who have made it to the Finals with one person acting as coach and GM.  They seem to all be failures.

Bud is acting GM currently.  He made the AP deal.  And if it means a higher salary why wouldn't he want the job?  His mentor has the job in San Antonio.  

Suddenly, we have this amusing piece in an Atlanta business newsletter, the Saporta Report, with a headline, “Atlanta Hawks winning thanks largely to absence of Danny Ferry.” 

This is the part that irks me the most. The success on the court today didn't start with the 19 game win streak. It started with getting rid of Joe and Marvin then Josh, signing Millsap, hiring Bud etc.

The current success on the court doesn't happen without a strong foundation.

So as much as they want to discredit Ferry's work, basketball fans know better.

• Moderators

I'm over just about everyone in the organization except Bud and the players.   You know the Gearon group is still saying they want to be part of the new ownership group even though they also said that 100% of the team is up for sale.   I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and have been hearing similar things lately (as saporta) from some folks i know about Gearon.  How he's the one who really cares about the team blah, blah, blah.   

I think the truth is clear.  The Atlanta group is still talking out their ass and nobody with real money wants to touch it until they can clean house.   But I'm not sure anyone who has the money has even surfaced at all which means we are a loooooong way from resolving this. I wonder at what point the league steps in if there is no buyer.  We can't operate long term this way.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member

In a recent David Aldridge article, it was said that Bud still regularly communicates with Ferry. If anybody thinks Ferry didn't know or wasn't well aware of the Payne trade before it went down and that Bud didn't heavily listen to Ferry's opinion, you're fooling yourself. No doubt in my mind that Bud would much rather Ferry be the GM than him.

• Like 4

Bud is acting GM currently.  He made the AP deal.  And if it means a higher salary why wouldn't he want the job?  His mentor has the job in San Antonio.  

No he's not and no he wouldn't.

You seem to think that being a GM is an easy job.  It's a full-time job just like being a coach is a full-time job.  These guys work crazy amounts of hours for one position.  If Bud was both, he would either never get to sleep or do anything outside of basketball or he would fail because he wasn't able to put in the work required for each position.

He is head of Basketball.  He outranks Wilcox and makes all B-ball decisions.  Is that good enough?  Obviously if Ferry came back someone would have to relinquish power. 

No he's not and no he wouldn't.

You seem to think that being a GM is an easy job.  It's a full-time job just like being a coach is a full-time job.  These guys work crazy amounts of hours for one position.  If Bud was both, he would either never get to sleep or do anything outside of basketball or he would fail because he wasn't able to put in the work required for each position.

You act as if he wasn't in San Antonio where Pop calls the shots.  

Wes Wilcox is the acting GM right now.

He is head of Basketball.  He outranks Wilcox and makes all B-ball decisions.  Is that good enough?  Obviously if Ferry came back someone would have to relinquish power. 

Edited by HawkItus

My gosh!  If I can screw this organization enough, then no one will really

want to buy the Hawks.  Then I can say, "Well, I tried.  I'm not giving it away."

"If I can get rid of this racist GM, then have the coach he hired moved to

another team, this will be sweet.  If I can low ball his salary offer and get

someone to spread rumors about him, he will leave and I will not get the

blame.  Who me?  Oh, no.  I wouldn't think of doing something like that."

• Like 2

This "race" thing as usual has been completely blown out of porportion.   I've always said Gearon was the bad guy in the group.  Danny should be back right now, it's his team whether the reverse racists like it or not.

Hoo boy, this guy. You're right, bud. Racism is a myth*! Everything about this whole saga screams "made up drama."

* except whatever the heck reverse racism is

• Like 2

Hoo boy, this guy. You're right, bud. Racism is a myth*! Everything about this whole saga screams "made up drama."

* except whatever the heck reverse racism is

racism is inherent to every race period. There is no such thing as reverse racism ALTHOUGH I an understand the meaning in todays society. Its kinda like domestic violence - the way the media defines it is man vs woman when the reality is no one is immune from  the effects of domestic violence . Same way with racism - based on our countries history racism is almost exclusively  portrayed as a white issue when the reality is it knows no color.  

• Like 3

I don't think this is truely about racism. Somebody just wants us to believe it is. Somebody saw an opportunity to try and use racism to accomplish their dirty agenda which is quite disgusting.

There seems to be at least a few who are falling for the trickery.  Maybe they will open their eyes one day. 

• Like 1

The worst part is we're stuck waiting while stubborn guys like Gearon continue to do their maneuvering.  I wonder if he's just stalling on the sale now to drag it out and see if Ferry gets frustrated and decides to give up and leave on his own terms.  Hold strong Ferry!  Hopefully a right minded person will come around.

I wouldn't trade the success this season for anything but I also wonder if the ownership greedily wants to hang on through the playoffs and reap the benefits on ticket sales, merchandise, etc.  I really wish they didn't get to be a part of this ride with us......

He is head of Basketball. He outranks Wilcox and makes all B-ball decisions. Is that good enough? Obviously if Ferry came back someone would have to relinquish power.

You act as if he wasn't in San Antonio where Pop calls the shots.

He is head of Basketball. He outranks Wilcox and makes all B-ball decisions. Is that good enough? Obviously if Ferry came back someone would have to relinquish power.

You're right, much like a coach with assistants a GM or PBO can delegate responsibility while retaining the final say. Edited by MaceCase

The problem isn't you or I.  It's Hutchinson, Dotche(sp), or Nique.  The issue is Coke, Home Depot, Comcast etc.  If one of these companies gets one call about Ferry from some pay phone in west Texas they will hedge against corporate support for the Hawks.  That is all it takes.  So the new owner has to say is Ferry worth it to possibly lose out on a million dollars worth of corporate money?

So we should fold to the money, eh?

MF'ing Dortch. Dork

Notice that this theory of negativity surrounding the Hawks came from the Saporta report? And Nique used that in his interview on the radio the other day? Yeah, I better not post anymore in this thread because it wouldn't be family friendly.

Corrected