• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith insults the Atlanta fanbase

Wurider05

Long range Shanty can kick rocks! Who cares what he thinks. We do have fans that are "prove it" kinda fans, but the last person to call out a fan should be a stubborn player who wouldn't or couldn't change his mentality for his or the teams sake.

Edited by deester11

Stackhouse said it best: "...should've took the high road. You gotta come back home."

Technically he's from College Park. I can't claim that fool as a city brethren. Hell, let Virginia claim him. Those were his best basketball years.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Osh gotta Osh...

News flash: short of college football, one-horse towns, and places that have multiple banners hanging in the rafters, there are bandwagon fans everywhere. Osh was butthurt that he....err....the Rockets blew that lead.

Twelve years in the league and he still acts like a rookie. It's really too bad. He could've been a contender....

• Like 1

This proves one thing:

Josh is still Josh.  The same person he was when he was a Hawk.  He hasn't changed

and he never will.

Super athlete.  Still shows that he has "IT" with his inside play and play around the

basket.  Then, to prove that he's not changed, he started taking those long three's

that he makes a few of and misses a lot.  He still believes.  He still can't.

In some ways he acts and talks very mature.  In other ways he's a spoiled brat.  This

hasn't changed at all, as we now have proof.

Uncoachable.  That's why he was on the bench at the end of the game. 

music.gif

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Pretty good points Diesel.

I thought the funniest comment last night was when Nique said "You want Josh to shoot from out there" after a miss.  Kind of reminds me of the games when Josh would brick a bunch of 3's and he Nique would say "Well, not really the shot you want."  

My Nique comment of the night was after Josh missed a 3 after telling the crowd to hush and Nique said... "ah'...hem...  I will just keep that comment to myself"  I know Nique wanted to say " Thank you again Josh!! It's just like old times".

• Like 3

Gotta cosign, Diesel. His head is gassed up like the Goodyear Blimp. You just know that when he left town, he thought that the Hawks would be scraping to win 48 games the last two years combined. He has to be butthurt to see not just Horford but nearly the entire starting five of the Hawks showcasing in the All-Star game while he still needed a ticket to get in (again).

In my years of watching basketball, I never saw a guy with so much athleticism and talent purposely play against his strengths. Imagine Shaq wanting to hang around the perimeter all game long or Nique insisting he play the point; that's Osh Smith in a nutshell. Yet he wonders why the fans never gravitated towards him while he was here? Really? 

While I appreciate what he did off the court here and his efforts, his demeanor on the court and his outright stubbornness epitomized the JJ/Woody/Osh/Marvin/LD error (spelled correctly). That's why despite making the playoffs during that time, few still wanted to claim that team as something worth watching, much less paying to do so. You still got laughed out of a barber shop for bringing up that team as a contender. And now look around. You have even casual fans here stressing the importance of team ball, which is a complete 180 from the Iso-Joe/Chuck McChuckerson days. It's like moving from a lower-income neighborhood to a mansion in a gated community next to a PGA-level golf course. Who wouldn't take that deal?

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Josh has to understand that the fanbase sucked because the team sucked.  

oh yeah...

Thanks ESPN for continuing your forever campaign of hate on ATL.  Instead of focusing on a good comeback they decide to plaster this idiotic bs on the frontpage.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 4